• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Identify Invited Friends

DeletedUser40495

Yes, but in my case they're losing an active friend who aids and Tavern sits, so...
I agree. In your case I would not have sent a message to you anyway. If I see a player every day in my tavern why bother checking if they’re active when you already know.

Yes, but in my case they're losing an active friend who aids and Tavern sits, so...
But to be honest I aid and tavern sit and find no problem getting people to return my kindness. There are tons of people like us out there who are loyal to friends, so losing one because they unfriend you is no big deal. Easily replaced.

Last edited by a moderator:

Graviton

But to be honest I aid and tavern sit and find no problem getting people to return my kindness. There are tons of people like us out there who are loyal to friends, so losing one because they unfriend you is no big deal. Easily replaced.

You seem to be implying that those of us who don't like spam are not loyal to friends. I'm loyal to those who sit and aid frequently, but I don't see how loyalty enters into dealing with spam. I guess it's the principle of the thing. I have enough to do to keep my own city going without being responsible for your friends list too.

DeletedUser40495

You seem to be implying that those of us who don't like spam are not loyal to friends. I'm loyal to those who sit and aid frequently, but I don't see how loyalty enters into dealing with spam. I guess it's the principle of the thing. I have enough to do to keep my own city going without being responsible for your friends list too.
It is not hard at all to delete a message, a friend that gets pissed about that is likely not the person I am looking for - that’s just me though.

BruteForceAttack

It is not hard at all to delete a message, a friend that gets pissed about that is likely not the person I am looking for - that’s just me though.

It may not be hard to delete 1 messaged from your perspective, but the receiving one may get 140 messages... + other messages asking for tavern visits + few more for trades....it all becomes Spam

Last edited:

DeletedUser40495

It may not be hard to delete 1 messaged from your perspective, but the receiving one may get 140 messages... + other messages asking for tavern visits + few more for trades....it all becomes Spam
I you are active though, players won’t feel the need to do this. I don’t do this with players I know sit in my tavern everyday.

Graviton

I you are active though, players won’t feel the need to do this. I don’t do this with players I know sit in my tavern everyday.

And yet I still get spammed by people whom I'm aiding. Because they aren't taking the time to select which neighbors to send the message to, they just add all of us. In fact, if you already know who's active, there's no need to send a message at all, to anybody.

Aid from the TH. Kick anybody on your list who still shows as unaided. Rinse and repeat every few weeks.

DeletedUser40495

And yet I still get spammed by people whom I'm aiding. Because they aren't taking the time to select which neighbors to send the message to, they just add all of us. In fact, if you already know who's active, there's no need to send a message at all, to anybody.
I meant the players at the top of the friends list. You can never be sure if everyone is active. If people don’t like the messages, they can easily be replaced by people like me who honestly don’t mind. It is not hard to find people to sit in your tavern.

DeletedUser40495

Aid from the TH. Kick anybody on your list who still shows as unaided. Rinse and repeat every few weeks.
I aid everyone on my list. But those that don’t return the favor are not on my list very long.

DeletedUser

I use the message to determine who is not active; therefore not aiding me. Then I unfriend all inactive players.
Seriously, dude, if they're aiding you they're active. And you can find that out by aiding through Town Hall. Thus making the sending of the spam "are you active" message simply an exercise in unnecessarily annoying your friends. Which is why I unfriend EVERYONE who sends me one of those.

DeletedUser40495

Seriously, dude, if they're aiding you they're active. And you can find that out by aiding through Town Hall. Thus making the sending of the spam "are you active" message simply an exercise in unnecessarily annoying your friends. Which is why I unfriend EVERYONE who sends me one of those.
I don’t blame you, but if everyone only aided through the town hall, nobody would aid anyone. I just prefer to take the initiative and aid everyone on my list.

If I only aided from the town hall, those that do the same will not aid me unless I take the initiative and aid them first, which I do. If you want to get as many people to aid you as possible, aid everyone, not just those that aid you first. Just sayin.

Last edited by a moderator:

RazorbackPirate

I don’t blame you, but if everyone only aided through the town hall, nobody would aid anyone. I just prefer to take the initiative and aid everyone on my list.
That is correct. Which is one reason I don't aid from TH. The other reason is that I like keeping the Aid and Tavern timers in synch so do both when the tavern is available.

This allows me to notice players I've not aided in a few days, because they've not emptied their tavern in a few days. With animations on, it's pretty easy to visit their city to detect signs of life, when in doubt, or when it's time for a general cleaning, I look players up in events history to find those no longer aiding or sitting. Those who don't make the cut, get the boot.

I've never sent out a group message to annoy my friends. I've got plenty of tools to help me decide who stays and who goes without bothering a soul.

DeletedUser

I don’t blame you, but if everyone only aided through the town hall, nobody would aid anyone.
This is patently untrue. I almost always aid through Town Hall, and even in my oldest city (over 3 years) I have no shortage of players on my friends list. The few who are trimmed occasionally are replaced easily without ever sending any spam messages.
If I only aided from the town hall, those that do the same will not aid me unless I take the initiative and aid them first,
When you add a new player to your friends list, you make sure you aid them the first time or two, then there's not a problem. Why would you assume that I (or anyone) would not aid a new friend unless they aided me first? That's just silly. When you maintain your friends list on an ongoing basis, it is easy to remember who the new friends are and make allowances for the first couple of days. This is a fluid game and you don't just do things without considering all the factors. Except unfriending spam message senders...that is the exception to the rule. Just hit "Remove as friend", and move on. :)

DeletedUser40495

This is patently untrue. I almost always aid through Town Hall, and even in my oldest city (over 3 years) I have no shortage of players on my friends list. The few who are trimmed occasionally are replaced easily without ever sending any spam messages.

When you add a new player to your friends list, you make sure you aid them the first time or two, then there's not a problem. Why would you assume that I (or anyone) would not aid a new friend unless they aided me first? That's just silly. When you maintain your friends list on an ongoing basis, it is easy to remember who the new friends are and make allowances for the first couple of days. This is a fluid game and you don't just do things without considering all the factors. Except unfriending spam message senders...that is the exception to the rule. Just hit "Remove as friend", and move on. :)
First of all I never assumed that you did not aid new friends, I just stated why I do not aid through the town hall. Also I don’t send these messages to higher players on my list that I see in my tavern every day when I collect. They are only sent to the dregs of my list that I never seem to see. If a player chooses to unfriend me (which has NEVER happened), I could care less. I will find someone else to sit in my tavern.

DeletedUser40495

I aid from my friends list 99% of the time. Once every few weeks, I aid from the TH for the specific purpose of revealing who isn't aiding me.

I never said you didn’t. I just said why I aid from the friends list always.

DeletedUser40495

My point was not what you did or didn't say about what I do or don't do. You just keep missing points.
How am I missing points? I think we just have contrasting views about how to handle friends lists and if that offends you sorry.