• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

If it wasn't on the DNSL, I'd propose...

qaccy

Oh yeah, that's a good point. If it wasn't on the DNSL, I'd be pushing to get the Arc nerfed.

Of course, that wouldn't really get much support on the forums even if it was allowed to suggest it, so I don't think banning it even matters.

-Sebastian-

Change the COL GB to give happiness and some sort of military advantage. After all its purpose was to entertain the masses with fighting and death. So that would make it more historically accurate.

OMG. This is breaking the rules of the game, but... The Colosseum should have a mini-game inside, where you supply up to 16 troops for both armies, then hit auto-battle. Each time you do it, you get a happiness boost. Maybe more happiness when you use better troops, or it's a closer fight. Maybe diamonds if there's just 1 unit left with 1 hit point left. If we didn't already have a surplus of happiness because of event buildings, I could see people putting up barracks just to toss troops in. Or taking units straight from Alcatraz and dumping them in the gladiator pit. It'd be so PERFECT!!!

-Sebastian-

A way to target players who aren't in one's hood. The abuse potential would be high unless there was a way to limit it as well; perhaps you can only target a certain number of people who aren't in your hood, and only those who would qualify to be in your hood; and/or you can only attack them a set number of times or only for a couple of days.

Maybe an equivalent to the "friends" list, called the "enemies" list? I don't think I'd like what that does to the game, but it's an interesting idea...

DeletedUser14354

...that Incidents would only spawn outside the city. (Violates the "makes the game easier" item

Personally agree. However, I am going to use it to highlight my issue with how the DNSL list is being applied to many proposals. SL, this is not intended as a criticism of you in any way shape or form. I know you are trying to strike the appropriate balance. I just thing the meta has gone too far towards literalism.

In order to conclude that this makes the game easier, you have to first accept the premise that it is easier to see incidents that spawn outside the city. That may or may not be true for you or me. It doesn't stand to reason that this is OBJECTIVELY true.

I get it. Too many people come on here requesting an "easy button". But we have become slaves to the most literal interpretation of the DNSL list. Using the same logic, ANY PROPOSAL MADE BY ANYONE would violate the restriction on making the game easier. After all, if they want it, it must, by definition, benefit them in some way.

There was a similar discussion a week ago about neighborhood selection. The guy wanted to go back to the old method of selecting neighborhoods based on relative points, rather than age. I am agnostic on the point, regardless of where you are in age or points, there is always going to be someone in a higher age or in the same age but who has camped there for 2 years. However, the conclusion was that it was on the DNSL list because it would alter plundering. In my opinion, that is stretching the purpose of the DNSL list to an extreme. Any impact on plundering would be, at most, a knock-on effect of a knock-on effect.

By that same logic, almost any change to the game is going to have some impact on plundering. Tweak anything in GBG and people will have more or fewer military units to use to plunder their neighborhood. Decrease the friends list, more neighbors to plunder. Increase the friends list, fewer neighbors to plunder. Etc. Heck, right now they are voting on changing the plunder icon on mobile. If that isn't intended to alter the frequency of plundering, then a neighborhood change shouldn't be either.

If it directly affects the game mechanics of plundering, yes its DNSL. If its impact is at most derivative, and especially if its situational (true for you but not necessarily for everyone), it shouldn't be. If its a dumb idea, it won't go anywhere anyway.

I agree that there are WAY too many proposals being made. I also agree that most are made by relatively newcomers who lack the proper context in which to evaluate the game balance purposes of various game mechanics. At this point, I am fully convinced the only reason they leave that part of the forum is the entertainment they derive from watching people tear each other apart.

That being said, my proposal would be to include a basic tutorial on probability in the introduction to the game, and require anyone that posts the word "unfair" in any forum to be required to view it 20 times before their posting privileges are restored. Either that, or eliminate the arc.

The Lady Redneck

I was really enjoying this thread. I saw it as a light hearted way to let our imaginations loose and have a little fun. with no-one taking anything really seriously.

But there is always one. who has to spoil things. And not content with a load of self opinionated waffle they have also to start spouting racial prejudiced
At this point, I am fully convinced the only reason they leave that part of the forum is the entertainment they derive from watching people tear each other apart (they are german after all!).

THAT is beneath contempt

qaccy

@Sheherazade While I agree that the post as a whole was kind of off-topic, I didn't see anything offensive in there. Then again, it takes a lot to offend me. Especially on behalf of others lol

Graviton

That's not racial, as "German" is not a race. It does play into an ethnic/cultural stereotype, however. It was probably an attempt at a joke. I'm with @qaccy when it comes to "offense", though. My problem with that post is that it's off-topic and brought this otherwise fun thread to a screeching halt.

Dartaniun

i know there are too many issues with this idea so it wouldn’t work anyway, but ...maybe replace Antique Dealer with Black Market section of Friends Tavern.

DeletedUser

Move the Rogues (and other special units if you must) out of the Light Unit tab on the troop selection window and into their own tab.

Note - would this be considered on the DNSL?
No, but it has been proposed many times. I'd have to check, but it's probably even been submitted. Doesn't mean Inno is going to do it, though.