• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

If it wasn't on the DNSL, I'd propose...

The Lady Redneck

How about rewards in GvG? For instance If you managed to wipe an enemy from a continent your guild gets the goods that the enemy tiles had. And if one member of your guild took out a tile by themselves, they get the goods and troops tht were on that tile.

DeletedUser38368

OH!

One thing I absolutely despise is the inability to self-invite more than 80 friends, even though maximum capacity is 140.

There is no good reason whatsoever why I shouldn't be able to invite all 140 myself, and remove and readd at will.

I'd honestly prefer maximum capacity being 80 - but I could invite all myself - than have 140 and needing to remove 60 just because I want to invite a couple myself. It's illogical and unnecessary IMO.
Does this qualify for the DNSL?

DevaCat

In another thread @Jern2017 points out that it could be damaging for new players to take seriously any of the bad advice put out here by a certain "Well-Known Member".

As that person arrived at that forum designation by spamming inane, meaningless, and gratuitous commentary on issues he did not comprehend and by giving horrible advice on how to play the game, and posting other people's work passing it off as his own, maybe it's time to revisit the forum designations in the interest of public safety. ;)

Since this is a what if we could: how about a new "Notoriously Well-Known" moniker. It would be awarded after a proposal to do so by any member and a successful membership vote. A FAQ would explain that the Winner (lol) of the moniker is well-known by number of questionable posts, misinformation, bad behavior and bad advice which could be perilous to follow and thus dangerous for new members.

The Winner would also get a new (mandatory) forum avatar! This would be a person with head and hands in stocks, wearing a dunce cap. (Hoping a meme-master will pick up on this) The Winner is stuck with that avatar until membership relents, again by vote.

Gentle reminder: actions have consequences.

Super Catanian

Since this is a what if we could: how about a new "Notoriously Well-Known" moniker. It would be awarded after a proposal to do so by any member and a successful membership vote. A FAQ would explain that the Winner (lol) of the moniker is well-known by number of questionable posts, misinformation, bad behavior and bad advice which could be perilous to follow and thus dangerous for new members.
If this is true, then we must also have something for the opposite side of the spectrum: a custom title for helpful members!

The Winner would also get a new (mandatory) forum avatar! This would be a person with head and hands in stocks, wearing a dunce cap. (Hoping a meme-master will pick up on this) The Winner is stuck with that avatar until membership relents, again by vote.
I prefer the term Memelord. Anyways, how about this?

1589418658831.png

*(dabs in the background)*

This is also a rule:
- Limited to three posts per thread.
I do NOT UNDERSTAND this rule
That rule was made years ago, when the Forums were still young and membership was low. As @Emberguard once mentioned when this was brought up, the spirit of the rule is to avoid spam and preventing players from dominating threads.

DeletedUser10720

I would propose that the existing medals GBs get an update to have the same reward as Space Carrier, in that after Arctic Future they would start rewarding with special goods. Deal Castle and Blue Galaxy are the only two that SOME do not consider worthless as is, and this would give many people a justifiable reason to build the others.

Super Catanian

Deal Castle and Blue Galaxy are the only two that SOME do not consider worthless as is, and this would give many people a justifiable reason to build the others.
What about the Temple of Relics? The amount of Relics one can get even when it is still at level 1 make up the space and costs, and more! The downside is that it doesn't really generate resources directly like many others.

I remember once coming up with the idea that a player with the ToR should give other Guild members without one a very small chance of getting Relics, and then only Common ones. I was still new. Looking back, I realized how terrible it was. Just thought I'd leave this here.

DevaCat

If this is true, then we must also have something for the opposite side of the spectrum: a custom title for helpful members!

I prefer the term Memelord. Anyways, how about this?

View attachment 15935

*(dabs in the background)*

That rule was made years ago, when the Forums were still young and membership was low. As @Emberguard once mentioned when this was brought up, the spirit of the rule is to avoid spam and preventing players from dominating threads.
I like the idea of rewarding helpful members with a custom title. Not sure what it would be, but it could be a Yoda level award. :)

Memelord does roll off the tongue better (it's good to be King!) And the graphic works. Now if you could stick him in a set of stocks, like they had back in early New England, would be perfect. Maybe a rotten tomato or two lol. <note to new guests: some might be wondering what the heck I'm going on about. There's some history behind it, and the player who shall not be named deserves a bit of ribbing. It's not meant to be malicious, and I will soon desist before driving everyone crazy.>

3 posts?! Oh man, am I in trouble! :rolleyes:

DeletedUser10720

What about the Temple of Relics? The amount of Relics one can get even when it is still at level 1 make up the space and costs, and more! The downside is that it doesn't really generate resources directly like many others.

I remember once coming up with the idea that a player with the ToR should give other Guild members without one a very small chance of getting Relics, and then only Common ones. I was still new. Looking back, I realized how terrible it was. Just thought I'd leave this here.
Fair point. Maybe I should rephrase that. If this got implemented, I would have at least slightly fewer people asking me why I built the Colosseum, or ran it up to 10. and I would have a slightly better justification than wanting to build all the GBs. (and get them to 80)

UBERhelp1

Just thought of this one since it would fall under changes to Inno staff/servers.

Support should be given a copy of the DNSL. Then, when they get suggestions for new things, they can give a response similar to:

Thank you for the suggestion, but the proper place to post proposals is on the game forum. However, please note that some or all of this proposal violates the Do Not Suggest List, and this proposal may be refused based on those guidelines. We always appreciate new ideas, but some are suggested too often or the idea is already being worked on. We encourage you to read the Do Not Suggest List (linked) and edit this proposal if you still want to post it.

And yes, if they want to use the message above, go right ahead :)