• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

If you could only have 5 GBs in your city

Lady Gato

See ? Now I did not know that my Zeus was not helping me in Egypt. No wonder those camels have been kicking my butt !

mintbunnies

LOL @ffblackice requested a conclusion - so here goes. This is a small sampling so take that in mind. The numbers don't always add up as some people made some alt suggestions or different suggestions depending upon whether you fight or not.

--Drum Roll Please--

Arc
Zeus
Castel
Himeji
Assorted other GBs

Arc - but I've been warned by a very experienced player not to put it down until I could consistently generate 100 FPs or more daily as it sucks down the
FPs. Slurp

Zeus - early military bonuses, most people recommended

Alcatraz - loved by all but ODragon pointed out that if you aren't into fighting you might want to skip this one.

Castel - most people recommended

Himeji - a little more than half recommended

Arctic Orangery - a little less than half recommended

Aachen - 3 people recommended and @Emberguard made 2 alt suggestions for this GB (Kracken or Arctic Orangery)

Lighthouse
- one person recommended

Basil - one person recommended

Other interesting GBs:

Blue Galaxy
Terracotta Army
Hagia Sophia

Blue Galaxy - added by @Anne Boleyn the Happiest Boleyn
According to the official wiki, this building gives you a chance of getting double collections (on the first number of collections) on all your buildings
except military and GBs. Anne Boleyn says when it "hits" her hippodrome she can collect about 120 FPS (total).

Terracotta Army (TA)
I have read about this GB and think it's neat. According to the official wiki, this building increases (by a %) both your attacking army's attack & defense AND your defending army's attack & defense.

Hagia Sophia (HS) - recommended by heavy questers - thought of as "junk" by others. However @ODragon pointed out that when leveled to 80 it gives 48 Fps/day as well as happiness in just 42 spaces.

Thanks to everyone who replied. Just because I have "concluded" my study doesn't mean that I am not interested in knowing other GBs that I might
want to add beyond the 5 basic GBs. :)

P.S. The following GBs you might NOT want to have and/or keep in your city. Thanks to @Emperor XX for pointing them out:

Colosseum
Space Needle
Oracle of Delphi
Gaea Statue
The Capitol
I'm curious did CF make it anywhere on the list?

Emberguard

@Emperor XX if it’s just the boosts you want the CoA for, I’m curious why you went for CoA and not Zeus? They’re identical in boosts given but the Zeus is both smaller and cheaper to level. There’s plenty of coin boost buildings you can place to make up for not having a CoA and you already have a CF which provides coins anyway

Aggressor

@Emperor XX if it’s just the boosts you want the CoA for, I’m curious why you went for CoA and not Zeus? They’re identical in boosts given but the Zeus is both smaller and cheaper to level. There’s plenty of coin boost buildings you can place to make up for not having a CoA and you already have a CF which provides coins anyway
Well, they're interchangeable. coins is better than nothing, but Zeus is smaller, so they're identically useful to me

mintbunnies

It did! Chateau was in my notes but I overlooked it when typing up my conclusion. I have since amended my conclusion. Thanks for pointing this out.
Np and thanks for the compilation! I'm still a newbie and trying to decide if I should do the Chateau or Zeus next myself, so this is helpful.

Just An Observer

The Attack Bonus Group: Zeus, CoA, CdM

The Recursion Group: Himeji, LoA, St. Mark's, Chateau

The Big One Everyone Wants: Arc

Then comes support buildings like Cape Canaveral, Alcatraz, Observatory and a whole host of others which can be relevant to what a player is trying to accomplish.

It is hard to pick 5 GB's. 8 is much easier...LOL! I would love to give the Virgo Project a shot to see how well it does. Finding a blueprint for one of those has so far been not successful for me. Reading posts here show it does not get much regard. Still, having a shot to take out half an army when facing those 16 unit/2 group situations strikes me as a good deal.

Lady Gato

Snip

It is hard to pick 5 GB's. 8 is much easier...LOL! I would love to give the Virgo Project a shot to see how well it does. Finding a blueprint for one of those has so far been not successful for me. Reading posts here show it does not get much regard. Still, having a shot to take out half an army when facing those 16 unit/2 group situations strikes me as a good deal.
Really? That seems powerful !

Lady Gato

There is no way Id do the the TA over the CdM. First 10 lvls TA = 20% CdM = 30%.... and its 1/3 the cost to level and it also gives Forge Points.
OK good points -- If I had the time & moola (snicker) and had both in my city -- would that equal 50% ?

Reese7990

OK good points -- If I had the time & moola (snicker) and had both in my city -- would that equal 50% ?

Ding Ding Ding!! Same for Defense. TA is a great building to have, but after you get CdM, Zeus and CoA to 10, as they have better attack/defense at lvl 10.

kmc11

Ding Ding Ding!! Same for Defense. TA is a great building to have, but after you get CdM, Zeus and CoA to 10, as they have better attack/defense at lvl 10.

I agree, get CDM before TA. Don't agree with the level 10 though.. Push one GB to 50 before moving onto the next one.. level 10 GBs are mostly useless, planting a new GB and getting it to level 10 you've already invested a considerable amount into, imho it's better to take it past the sweet spot.

( See Post #86 for when & why )

Last edited: