• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] In addition to a Store Building kit have a Store Set kit

Just wondering if its ever been proposed to be able to Store an entire Set with one kit?
Store Building will store one building while a Store Set would allow us to be able to Store
an entire Set with one kit. I am always low on space and it would be cool to be able to
Store a seasonal set and then deploy it on the next years holiday.
Also, to make it a little more interesting / tougher INNO could make each Kit work on different Sets.
Not sure if INNO would be OK with this, but was wondering if its ever been proposed.
Thanks,
MM

Falconwing

How would it work? How would it be able to determine what buildings are part of what set? If I have multiples of the same set next to each other, how would it know which ones to store?

I have 4 Maharaja's Palaces, 4 Bandar Playgrounds, 2 Western Towers, 2 Eastern towers, and a Jungle Oasis set up in a 10x10 square that gives all buildings (except the JO) maximum benefits, is this considered a set? I've seen a money player with a Winters Village consisting of 40+ pieces. Is that a set?

Any and all buildings of a Set would be stored. If you have 40+ buildings of a set, they all would be stored. Then if you wanted to redeploy some of the buildings after they have been stored that would be up to you.

wolfhoundtoo

If you opted to obtain a lot of set buildings and place them in your city then you should have to obtain enough store buildings if you want to move them all into your inventory. I see no benefit to over all game play or balance by allowing 1 item to store multiple buildings.

Maybe YOU dont see a benefit as you are probably an advanced player and have dozens of Store Building kits saved up. But with all the events and the daily challenge us newer players would benefit from it.

wolfhoundtoo

Maybe YOU dont see a benefit as you are probably an advanced player and have dozens of Store Building kits saved up. But with all the events and the daily challenge us newer players would benefit from it.

You seem to have a comprehension problem: I said I see no GAME BENEFIT. I can see where it would benefit players with lots of set buildings but quite frankly why should you be able to store them all from the use of one item? If I DO have 'dozens' of store buildings available then I'd of earned/won them via game activities. Each of the 'set buildings' is one building if you don't want them in your city then you should of thought of that before you opted to get all of those set buildings. The game's balance lies in the fundamental concept of each player having to make a choice over what to put in their city to maximize their game play. Just like every other suggestion from players that want to remove any penalties from the designing of a city it is frankly a bad idea for that game balance.

P.S. I don't have dozens..........because while I've been here longer the kits haven't been here the entire time I've been playing and of course I've used them on buildings that I wanted to swap out with ones that were in inventory. Strategy game remember?

I can comprehend your negative point of view and the couple other players who have posted (none of which are newer players). The game evolves as time goes on. Wouldn't it be a benefit to the game if the new players would go for all the set buildings in events (they would probably spend more diamonds) knowing they would be able to store them?

Freshmeboy

I think that would defeat the challenge of the sets...these sets are very powerful on a tile per tile basis and placing them strategically is an important part of the game because when you move a piece any distance you lose its production and its set up time. With this store set I could collect, store my set, take my time to do quests, delete buildings, gain those last medals for an expansion, etc, then reset the whole shebang up again in a totally different spot all in one shot. Ever have a set with multiple times for its collection..? Irritating as hell in a hood full of plunderers and its the main reason players are reluctant to move them in the first place. NO vote here..

DeletedUser

Just wondering if its ever been proposed to be able to Store an entire Set with one kit?
This is a bad idea.
Any and all buildings of a Set would be stored. If you have 40+ buildings of a set, they all would be stored. Then if you wanted to redeploy some of the buildings after they have been stored that would be up to you.
And this takes your original bad idea and takes it to a whole new level of horribleness. I'm not sure ideas can get much worse for game integrity than this.

DeletedUser

I understand your point of view.
I don't think you do. As you continue to play, you will discover that it is counterproductive to have too many sets in your city. Especially if you don't collect on time or have a decent city defense. Most of them can't be motivated and can be plundered and must be placed in specific ways to get all the bonuses. The notable exception to this is the set from the current event, which really can't properly be called a set, as they all work independently. Combine these facts with the inflexibility of movement of the sets, and most are just more trouble than they're worth. The only set that I haven't deleted from my cities is the King/Queen statues and Garden set.

I absolutely understand...you are just inflexible and since you think you had to do a thing a certain way...it should never change.
Everything changes...the game evolves.
And you made my point exactly...it WOULD benefit INNO if people spent more diamonds to get complete sets.
Also, if you get plundered because you dont collect on time or have a weak defense thats your problem.
Again, lets see if we get any feed back from new players.

DeletedUser31592

You fail to recognize that most of us have young cities. All six of my secondary cities were opened between mid-September and early-November. 1 is HMA, 4 EMA, and 1 BA.

The only difference between a young city ran by a new player and a young city ran by an experienced player is experienced players typically focus on the strategy, where it takes some new players a long time to realize this is a strategy game. Giving new players easy-outs doesn't get them thinking strategically. They need to learn from mistakes.

I am not looking for an easy out and its like chatting with a brick wall when the only feed back you get is from people who have been playing
for years and years.
Again and again, lets see if we can get some feed back from new players.

wolfhoundtoo

I am not looking for an easy out and its like chatting with a brick wall when the only feed back you get is from people who have been playing
for years and years.
Again and again, lets see if we can get some feed back from new players.

You mean feed back from players that agree with you. Have you actually taken a moment to consider that those of us who have posted might have a point? You haven't tried to convince us that we're wrong (whereas many of the posters here have attempted to explain our viewpoint). I'd also like to point out that ultimately the people you are trying to convince (Inno) don't fall into the 'new player' category and if you want try and convince them then you are going to have to come up with a better response than (basically) you said so.

Algona

Again, lets see if we get any feed back from new players.

Not quite sure why you want new player opinions.

I won't try to convince you that its not a strong idea, I'll let the forums do the talking. Take a little time to look through these forums for Proposals and ideas from new players.

Come on back when you're done and we'll discuss what you found.

To help you along, here are some of my favorites: therin4. tuckertao. ValhallaEmpire.

I dont know what new players will post (but i wanted to see)? Heck they might hate the idea as bad as you all do.
I'll just call it a wash and move on. Algona thanks for your feedback, it was about the only post that wasnt
derogatory and provided some usable feedback...thanks again...MM.

Freshmeboy

Marrow, don't go away upset..in fact, please don't go away at all....new players with fresh insights are needed on any forum, and while your proposal may not have garnered support, don't let that stop you from creating new ones or issuing your own feedback on other proposals. Keep in mind that most of the serious forum members tend to believe that changes made to the game need to benefit the majority of players equally and game playing styles while being free of potential abuse...Good luck