• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Incident covered by event window!

coolmite

If you still can't get it after trying what Johnny said, just refresh (or go into GbG and come back out). It should move to a new location.

Galechade

Oh, good golly, just move or change the zoom. There's only one place on the map you could be, and there's no way that event window blocks that Incident unless you make it do so. And I've looked at it on browser and on mobile.
Why should we have to? There is no reason for the event icon to be that big or sit right there to block that area. Yeah I also play on mobile and PC and that large of an icon is totally not necessary. Although I do approve of the colors it is. It should have been moved to the right, and not block that place Inno loves to put incidents. This is why devs should be required to play the game as well. They would correct this silliness ahead of time if they had to play it daily.

Johnny B. Goode

Why should we have to? There is no reason for the event icon to be that big or sit right there to block that area. Yeah I also play on mobile and PC and that large of an icon is totally not necessary. Although I do approve of the colors it is. It should have been moved to the right, and not block that place Inno loves to put incidents. This is why devs should be required to play the game as well. They would correct this silliness ahead of time if they had to play it daily.
The only "silliness" here is you claiming that the event icon blocks that part of the city map. It doesn't "sit right there" naturally. You maneuvered your screen and adjusted your zoom to make it block the Incident. How do I know that? Because I did the work and figured out what part of the city map you posted and tested it on both mobile and PC. It took me a while just to get the event icon the right size and placement to block that spot. Which means that you orchestrated the problem for some reason. Your 15 minutes of fame here on the Forum, perhaps? :rolleyes:

Emberguard

There is no reason for the event icon to be that big or sit right there to block that area

Where exactly would you put the Event icon (at any size) that wouldn't be able to block incidents and is suitable to smaller monitors?

In the bottom left there's a magnifying glass. Click it and you'll be able to access the incident. Or reload the game / exit the main city and re-enter, and see if it spawns somewhere else on the map.

Galechade

Where exactly would you put the Event icon (at any size) that wouldn't be able to block incidents and is suitable to smaller monitors?

In the bottom left there's a magnifying glass. Click it and you'll be able to access the incident. Or reload the game / exit the main city and re-enter, and see if it spawns somewhere else on the map.
More to the center like between the castle and the carriage . There are never any incidents between the castle and the AD.

Emberguard

More to the center like between the castle and the carriage

Like this?

image.png

Might be too close to the carriage and castle to click anything other than the event

Maybe to the left of the castle might work?

image.png

Or are you thinking more like this:

image.png

Pericles the Lion

I'm kinda new to the Forum with only 3 years participation but, in these 3 years, I cannot recall another player complaining they cannot collect an incident because it is blocked by the event icon (and, iirc, the icons have always been top left). Is this really a problem?

Johnny B. Goode

I'm kinda new to the Forum with only 3 years participation but, in these 3 years, I cannot recall another player complaining they cannot collect an incident because it is blocked by the event icon (and, iirc, the icons have always been top left). Is this really a problem?
No, it's not. The OP manufactured the problem. Who knows why. The event icon does not block any incidents naturally.

Graviton

That's because the event icon has never 'sagged' down that far to block that incident spot before now. It's blocking it on my screen too, at my usual resolution.

Johnny B. Goode

That's because the event icon has never 'sagged' down that far to block that incident spot before now. It's blocking it on my screen too, at my usual resolution.
Oh, good grief. That only happens at the extreme zoom out. All anyone would need to do is zoom in once and it's accessible. No need to start a Forum thread about it, for heaven's sake!

Graviton

Oh, good grief. That only happens at the extreme zoom out. All anyone would need to do is zoom in once and it's accessible. No need to start a Forum thread about it, for heaven's sake!
Thus the part of my post that says "at my usual resolution". People can start threads about whatever they want and you're free to pass on by.

Johnny B. Goode

The forums are there to be used. If no one posts threads then the forum dies from lack of activity
Thus the part of my post that says "at my usual resolution". People can start threads about whatever they want and you're free to pass on by.
The Forums aren't here for random players to just make up "issues" that don't really exist. Clutter like this totally unnecessary thread makes the Forum worse for everyone. I can't count the number of times someone has stated that they couldn't find relevant info on the Forum due to the large number of threads. That's why they make feedback threads for events/updates/features, to reduce the clutter.

For example, someone comes to the Forum looking for info on Incidents. They put that in the search bar and this thread comes up multiple times, once for each post that uses the word "Incident".

PJS299

The Forums aren't here for random players to just make up "issues" that don't really exist. Clutter like this totally unnecessary thread makes the Forum worse for everyone. I can't count the number of times someone has stated that they couldn't find relevant info on the Forum due to the large number of threads. That's why they make feedback threads for events/updates/features, to reduce the clutter.

For example, someone comes to the Forum looking for info on Incidents. They put that in the search bar and this thread comes up multiple times, once for each post that uses the word "Incident".
Maybe they didn't know how to zoom. Like Emberguard said, the forums are here for the players. Players post threads so they can gain knowledge. If the players already knew everything, like you, then FoE wouldn't need a forum. And if they only wanted things in the feedback thread, then Inno, or whoever made the forums, wouldn't have added these other areas to post.

PJS299

I did notice that this icon has come down a lot further and is a lot bigger than any other icon I have seen.

I am not touching the event window, yet it still says I am on it.
Screenshot 2023-11-07 18.52.11.png

The mouse disappears when I take a screenshot, but my mouse is underneath the arrow on the pop-up.