• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Increased Attack Bonus has become less effective

Emberguard

Maybe I missed something you wrote earlier but this comment piqued my interest: what "later ages" are you referring to? I didn't know that at some point rogues wouldn't be needed for autobattle. Wouldn't mind seeing some documentation on this -- is there someplace I can look for this? Thanks.

I *think* they may be referring to how far they can reach on the battlefield.

MKPapa

Attrition is the number to the top left in GbG and has nothing to do with percentages
Attrition you see in the top left corner converts to the attack/defense bonus the defending army gets. Just hover over any defending army unit, and you will see the percentages.
Official Wiki shows attrition table up to attrition 100, and Fandom has table for attrition up to 150 (this table might have some numbers guessed though).

Last edited:

85gt

I ended this event with 8 Teds and a 3001/1806 attack and even with a jump of 173/82 attack I only saw a 1 point increase in Max Att
I was up at 2880/1700 no real help so I took off some Attack and added Defense now at 2744/2055 and it works better but still a long way to go to overcome how Inno has the troops setup to attack me, like I said Inno has us chasing our tails

Rebel The Red

You can add attack numbers all day long. The attrition algorithm is % based. So this is why you feel that you are working just as hard, when you increase your attack numbers.

Ebeondi Asi

I have never found Rogues to be of much use. Except at very high attrition in GbG. (when I switch from Fast to Heavy and rogue)
That is because I like to use troops that attack first. And using Rogues with those is always a dumb idea. LOL

Dursland

I have never found Rogues to be of much use. Except at very high attrition in GbG. (when I switch from Fast to Heavy and rogue)
That is because I like to use troops that attack first. And using Rogues with those is always a dumb idea. LOL
Rogues are good in GvG. You're autobattling quickly so they get used up instead of swapped out. You can also use them for siege armies in a pinch, or as DAs mixed with other troops. Since just about everybody is autobattling, they will get transformed when they are in the defensive army - so they are effective.

But yes they can definitely pile up on you :) I don't think I will repeat taking my traz to lv100 early. In Zorskog I did that right after CF and Arc, now I have 40k+ rogues lol.

xivarmy

Nice but that's a chart of vague numbers, I don't see any percentages for what attack should be.
What's your goal? In general for most situations more attack will allow slightly better performance at high attrition - but it does take increasing amounts to get an extra attrition or two. So at some point you have to say "that's far enough" and just focus on having enough stats to be "happy" at that attrition. There isn't "one true target" because everyone has different goals.

Centaur1956

The higher my A/D gets the less effective my troops are. I tend to believe the the random A/D for the attacked armies uses your A/D as its starting point but I am probably all wet behind the ears. It do make for a good arguement though :)

Angry.Blanket

The higher my A/D gets the less effective my troops are. I tend to believe the the random A/D for the attacked armies uses your A/D as its starting point but I am probably all wet behind the ears. It do make for a good arguement though :)
This reads like you can no longer win fights at 0 att now that you have a higher atk / def boost ?