• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Increased Attack Bonus has become less effective

85gt

The att and def % does not change as your players stats gets better. It has nothing to do with your player stats. 2 players in the same age go up against the same att and defense % in GE.
What age are you, and if you don`t mind post your level 4- 64th fight defenders % for GE

Lord Pest

I’m in SAM age. I’ll post it Tuesday as right now I’ve finished GE and can’t see the % of the GE defenders.

85gt

The att and def % does not change as your players stats gets better. It has nothing to do with your player stats. 2 players in the same age go up against the same att and defense % in GE.
I must have aged up when I saw the change

wolfhoundtoo

When discussing AI behavior, you really need to include the game section that you are talking about since the AI isn't the same for all game areas.

Are you referring to the Continental map, GE, GBG, PVP Arena, PVP Cities?

Agent327

I must have aged up when I saw the change

Didn't I tell you that from the start?

Nowhere in the game do the defence boosts go up when your attack boost goes up. Neither does the IA change for a game area. It always is the same for an area. It can be different between areas.

Emberguard

The AI does change is some ways. The fact is well known that the AI in early Eras goes for Rogues first. In later Eras the AI does not Go for Rogues first.
I’ve never heard nor seen the AI do that based on age.

What I have seen is the AI in the Continent Map and PvP Arena ignores rogues, while other areas go for rogues first.

What you may also have encountered is the battlefield scaling mechanic that kicks in at Progressive Era and above
unknown.png

index.php

What this translates into is two things.

1) Instead of your Rogues always being in firing range before they can move, they're potentially out of range on that first round
2) Your Rogues gradually shift from having more movement than your regular units, to now having less movement.

Remember how Fast Units in the earlier ages were a bad idea purely because they had so much movement points that they were guaranteed to always rush ahead of Rogues (coupled with their behaviour mechanics)? Well now that starts to apply to most of the popular units of each age as you go higher up. It's not the AI for targeting that changed, it actually remained the same, it's the increased movement values on each unit leaving the Rogues far behind on the map along with a increased movement cost required. By the time the Rogues get into range to be attacked the regular units are more likely to already be dead in certain ages purely due to range of movement​
That seemed true till Venus, in Venus it seems to go after rogues again
Looking up popular units for Venus the go-to combo seems to be Power Dragon + Rogues

Rogues Movement: 14
Power Dragon Movement: 12

Again, unless you're using other units in Venus then that's a movement range issue not a targeting issue. You need the Rogues to go ahead of your other units if you want to improve their chances of transforming

Ebeondi Asi

I noticed those fast moving 'death seeking' troops faired much better when all eight troops were of that type.

Emberguard

I noticed those fast moving 'death seeking' troops faired much better when all eight troops were of that type.
Yes. Because then they're all moving at the same pace and don't have the same issue Rogues do of dying if they fail to get hit before their comrades die. It also means if the fast units survive the first round they're able to do some real damage to the opponent. A single fast unit on its own isn't necessarily going to have the power to take out an enemy unit before it dies, but multiple fast units could and it'll give the possibility of enemy fire being more spread out instead of concentrated on a single unit. Fast units rely on their ability to survive long enough to reach the opponent. More targets for the enemy to hit increases the survivability of a fast unit (even if holding back would be a better option in some scenarios)

Last edited:

Flavius Belisarius

I only auto battle if I know I'll win.
Otherwise I fight manually.
In GbG the terrain and attrition level do work against my units randomly.
AutoBattle is not AutoWin.
In GvG as soon as the Defender is reduced to ineffective units or Rogues I hit the AB button.

TheBarkKnight

I'm gonna need some more information for me to wrap my head around those facts. Are you manual battling? Or is that for Auto battle. Is 100 the point at which you start losing all 8 troops ?
I agree, if 420/350 can get u to 100 attrition then I must be doing something wrong. My boosts are almost 6 times that and I can't auto-battle past 120 (SAJM).

85gt

I agree, if 420/350 can get u to 100 attrition then I must be doing something wrong. My boosts are almost 6 times that and I can't auto-battle past 120 (SAJM).
I honestly believe Inno changes the abilities of troops the higher we get our Att/Def their troops get smarter and ours dumber for auto battle so it keeps us chasing our tails and never get what were looking for, also remember the keen eye goes up each age so SAJM at 35% is going to be harder than 20% for Mars. I was able to fight into 100,s easy in Mars at way less att/def than now in SAJM I hardly get to 100

UP ONLINE

So whats the point on incressing are attack if it dose nothing for us
LOL every time they give out new Attack buildings from events that do they do make it harder lol It will never end until something BRAKES

Mor-Rioghain

They attack first. In later ages they can do damage immediately, so rogues are not needed at all with autobattle.
Maybe I missed something you wrote earlier but this comment piqued my interest: what "later ages" are you referring to? I didn't know that at some point rogues wouldn't be needed for autobattle. Wouldn't mind seeing some documentation on this -- is there someplace I can look for this? Thanks.