• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Innovation Tower: Why?

DeletedUser29623

Actually, I know this is an excellent GB. I have one in one world and am working on the second. But why, oh why is it such an eyesore? The original building it’s based on is not exactly a beauty, but then Inno’s designers put a parking lot in the front of it to make it even more unsightly. I’m actually contemplating devoting my next four expansions to arranging a place for it in a back corner where I can surround it with other stuff so it’s not front-and-center every time I log on.

Apart from their functionality, what GBs do you find most and least appealing to look at?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser32389

Everyone hates it but I love my Atom... I think the coolest building is the Kraken for sure; love the animation. Love the animation on the DT as well. I have my Black Tower lined up with my CDM and my Pavilion (from Gandhi) and I think the three look interesting together. I think the black Tower is one of the more interesting special buildings.
7Ef18oh.png

Overall though, the Observatory is my favorite. Simple, but timeless.

DeletedUser31540

I think the Hagia Sophia is an eyesore. Just a big red and gray brick.

hagia sophia looks nice

@Lauramiller - we have the exact same opinion about the IT .. when i first built it i was determined to throw big building in front of it to hide the parking lot but couldnt manage it without losing too much efficiency so i just resigned myself to the fate of having an eyesore in my city lol

ive gotten over those feelings for the most part but they still linger on a bit

DeletedUser29623

I agree about St. Basil's being the best looking GB. I'm also partial to the Tower of Babel, which I know some people hate. But I like the way it looks like a vintage tin souvenir model of a building that of course never actually existed. Several of the older GBs have the look of tin souvenirs. Frauenkirch of Dresden is handsome in a low-key way, and the Tower of Relics has some nice landscaping.

Volodya

-100 for atom

Ditto. I eventually deleted my Atomium because I just couldn't stand to look at the godawful eyesore anymore. Fortunately it wasn't really needed; my current guild is very well-stocked in goods and between Arc and Obs I contribute my share anyway

Rhyyss

The Atomium for sure. I rearranged my city to put it way in the back behind as much as I could, and not blocking anything else.
I love the Black Tower (yes, not technically a great building), St. Basil's, and the Observatory.

DeletedUser26532

Best looking to me are the Chateau Frontenac (Yay Canada!) and the Arctic Orangery which is just flat-out cool. (Pun not intended)

The threeeye-sores for me are actually 1) The Arc - who builds some leaning tower of balls? Like really guys, that was the best you could come up with?, 2) Alcatraz - it may just be me but none of the three buildings are actually in scale with one another let alone the row boat. Its terrible. and lastly 3) The Gaia statue which is just hideous.

For special buildings, I agree that the Black Tower is awesome, but I really like the Lord's Manner and Aviary as well.