• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Inter World Exchange

DeletedUser36231

An issue that made several of my friends stop playing FOE was that they had started several cities in several worlds just like I have in order to be able to continue to make measurable progress while waiting 4-8 hrs. to get any more goods or so long to get more coin, etc. I have continued to play most of my cities but am getting increasingly frustrated, as they did, with the fact that I cannot help myself. There seems to be at least one good from each age that so few people produce that no one is trading in it and it seems these goods are placed at crucial points in the research, but as no one is trading them game-play is stalled and frustrating. A suggested solution for this is for players who have researched Guilds and have a city in more than one world a new tab would appear in their inventory that would allow the player to send up to 5 items, such as, buildings in ones inventory, goods, coins, or supplies to one other world once a day. This is to say, just like so many other things in the game once you use it, just like polishing or motivating, or attacking a neighbor a countdown would appear and you would have to wait 24 hrs before having the option to do it again. The five items could be one of a building or 100 of a certain good, or 10000 coins or 100000 supplies. so the number of goods, coins and supplies could be set by the player, but one building would fill one slot. So if one wanted to send 5 buildings, that would be all they could send for that day. A great building could only be sent if all of the blueprints were sent and that one building would all that could be sent that day. Blueprints could not be sent piece meal. Also this would only be one transaction per city per day, not one transaction to each city per day. Therefore a player who had say nine cities as I do could make nine transactions each day, one per city.

DeletedUser

I am in complete agreement with @RazorbackPirate on this. This line from your proposal gives a clue to the solution for this problem that's already a feature of the game:
A suggested solution for this is for players who have researched Guilds and have a city in more than one world a new tab would appear in their inventory that would allow the player to send up to 5 items, such as, buildings in ones inventory, goods, coins, or supplies to one other world once a day.
And the solution, as most experienced players know, is to find and join a good guild. It is way easier to do this on the browser version than on mobile, so it might be wise to occasionally find a PC/laptop to log in on for things like this.

DeletedUser36231

My intent was not to suggest a push account, I actually had to look that up. I often finish events with multiples of certain buildings in my inventory in some cities and none in others. As I said I have also encountered in every world so far one good per era, this is different in each world, although Stone, Limestone, and Alabaster seem to pop up more than others. These goods are quite often not available for trade from anyone and I have spent months checking the marketplace and finding none other than the absurd 10:1 for the merchant. My suggestion was not so that I could send all goods or buildings to one but that I could operate all nine of my cities. I do see where it is possible to abuse this, but maybe others can suggest some safe guards to prevent the abuse while still allowing the use of it to enhance the enjoyment of the game.

DeletedUser

My intent was not to suggest a push account, I actually had to look that up. I often finish events with multiples of certain buildings in my inventory in some cities and none in others. As I said I have also encountered in every world so far one good per era, this is different in each world, although Stone, Limestone, and Alabaster seem to pop up more than others. These goods are quite often not available for trade from anyone and I have spent months checking the marketplace and finding none other than the absurd 10:1 for the merchant. My suggestion was not so that I could send all goods or buildings to one but that I could operate all nine of my cities. I do see where it is possible to abuse this, but maybe others can suggest some safe guards to prevent the abuse while still allowing the use of it to enhance the enjoyment of the game.
No. It is expressly against the basic rules of the game. Find a good guild and/or good friends to help you learn how to play the game within the basic rules.
Can you trade buildings in the guild?
No. You can't trade anything but goods directly, although you can indirectly trade Forge Points.
I suggested you join a good guild to help you with trading and learning the game.

DeletedUser36231

I am in complete agreement with @RazorbackPirate on this. This line from your proposal gives a clue to the solution for this problem that's already a feature of the game:

And the solution, as most experienced players know, is to find and join a good guild. It is way easier to do this on the browser version than on mobile, so it might be wise to occasionally find a PC/laptop to log in on for things like this.

RazorbackPirate

According to FoE DB, your oldest city is less than 3 Mo. old and you have been a member of a guild for 5 days. It also appears you have created your own guild on each world which only has 2 members in it.

You might want to play the game for more than a minute before coming into the forum with proposal after proposal about how to change a game you know very little about.

Last edited:

DeletedUser26965

There have always been rumors of a certain good being "rarer" so to speak relative to other goods but I've never seen anything official on it. I suspect that it's not the case though and it's more than likely due to some goods buildings being smaller than others, Paper for example in CA, so people tend to build the smallest building and try to trade that off for the larger building goods so you'll tend to see more of those goods in the market and treasury than others.

I don't know if I'd be for or against cross world trading within your own worlds. I guess it wouldn't be so much different than WoW, last time I played anyway, where you can send gold and items from and to any one of your characters. If we could do it and it were unlimited right now I'd have all my 26 cities pumping out goods and units for GvG.

DeletedUser36231

According to FoE DB, your oldest city is less than 3 Mo. old and you have been a member of a guild for 5 days. It also appears you have created your own guild on each world which only has 2 members in it.

You might want to play the game for more than a minute before coming into the forum with proposal after proposal about how to change a game you know very little about.

How long have you played this game? Do you have cities in more than one world, and if so, how do you benefit from having multiple cites? I appreciate candor and your input.

RazorbackPirate

Since January. I have 2 cities, one in HMA on W, one in LMA on R. They do not benefit each other in any way. Diamonds earned in GE are spent equally in both cities, only used to buy the Diamond Expansions.

In all that time, I have created one proposal which in no way changes the game. It is merely a quality of life proposal to consolidate multiple identical trades into a single line item in the Market dialog box, similar to how they are combined when attached to a message.

DeletedUser

How long have you played this game? Do you have cities in more than one world, and if so, how do you benefit from having multiple cites? I appreciate candor and your input.
Although you didn't address this question to me, I'm going to answer it anyway. I have played this game for about 3 1/2 years. I currently have cities on 4 worlds. However at one time I had 24 cities in existence. I have benefited from having multiple cities in many ways, most of them intangible. One is the social aspect. I have met many, many wonderful people on various worlds, as well as here on the Forum. I have enjoyed the time I have spent playing and chatting with them. Another positive aspect to multiple cities is the ability to try out different approaches to playing. Different playstyles. I also like the ability to have worlds in different eras and be able to play vastly different levels of the game. My four current cities are in Arctic Future Era, Contemporary Era, Modern Era and Industrial Age. All have different challenges, all have different dynamics as far as guild/friends/neighbors. It helps keep the game fresh and make up for the fact that building/training/producing takes a while.

DeletedUser30791

To add to the previous posts:
The one thing that is shared amongst worlds is diamonds. So some players setup extra worlds just for diamond mining via a lot of Wishing Wells and Fountain of Youth and playing GE through level 4.

If you play on the PC, you might want to play on a new world to try out GVG.

From an indirect benefit, I'd add the learning experience from being in different guilds from the imparted wisdom of the experienced players. For example, I didn't learn about recurring quests until my 2nd world guild.

DeletedUser30791

If you are interested, the FOE Wiki has the details of past events as well as the upcoming event along with the other aspects of the game.

DeletedUser36231

To add to the previous posts:
The one thing that is shared amongst worlds is diamonds. So some players setup extra worlds just for diamond mining via a lot of Wishing Wells and Fountain of Youth and playing GE through level 4.

If you play on the PC, you might want to play on a new world to try out GVG.

From an indirect benefit, I'd add the learning experience from being in different guilds from the imparted wisdom of the experienced players. For example, I didn't learn about recurring quests until my 2nd world guild.

Would starting cities in order to mine diamonds not qualify as a push account?

DeletedUser30791

Would starting cities in order to mine diamonds not qualify as a push account?
No. Diamond sharing across worlds is allowed by Inno. They could have easily restricted diamonds to only be used on the world they are acquired just like everything else but they didn't.

I think you're playing too many worlds. I'd suggest that you cut back. Look around your worlds and try to a good, established larger guild to join.

DeletedUser36231

Although you didn't address this question to me, I'm going to answer it anyway. I have played this game for about 3 1/2 years. I currently have cities on 4 worlds. However at one time I had 24 cities in existence. I have benefited from having multiple cities in many ways, most of them intangible. One is the social aspect. I have met many, many wonderful people on various worlds, as well as here on the Forum. I have enjoyed the time I have spent playing and chatting with them. Another positive aspect to multiple cities is the ability to try out different approaches to playing. Different playstyles. I also like the ability to have worlds in different eras and be able to play vastly different levels of the game. My four current cities are in Arctic Future Era, Contemporary Era, Modern Era and Industrial Age. All have different challenges, all have different dynamics as far as guild/friends/neighbors. It helps keep the game fresh and make up for the fact that building/training/producing takes a while.

I like some of these same things, I was, however, a little disappointed to find that they all look exactly the same. With the advertisement to start a new city on a different world each time I log in, I was thinking there must be some in game benefit to having more cities and therefore spending more time on the game. To me it simply seems logical to be able to use what I have worked for to help myself out and enhance my own gameplay. It is a shame that it is assumed only abuse can come of any opportunity. Thank you for taking the time to respond in an intelligent manner. I still wish there could be a safe way to make all of the time and effort I have put into these cities work to help each other out.

wolfhoundtoo

I like some of these same things, I was, however, a little disappointed to find that they all look exactly the same. With the advertisement to start a new city on a different world each time I log in, I was thinking there must be some in game benefit to having more cities and therefore spending more time on the game. To me it simply seems logical to be able to use what I have worked for to help myself out and enhance my own gameplay. It is a shame that it is assumed only abuse can come of any opportunity. Thank you for taking the time to respond in an intelligent manner. I still wish there could be a safe way to make all of the time and effort I have put into these cities work to help each other out.

It's not 'assumed' that players would use other cities in other worlds to build up one of their worlds. They might eventually cycle which city gets the benefit. This is basically human nature. This is more about game balance than anything else. If it was allowed it wouldn't be abuse. The problem is there are practical concerns from a game play mechanic as well as from a revenue generating mechanic (as others above have pointed out).

If you were allowed to trade items from different worlds it would almost certainly impact diamond spending. In addition what happens when your cities aren't the same age/era anymore? Trading event buildings from an EMA city to an Iron Age city is certainly going to be an issue. As SJ noted above he'd have all of his cities pumping out troops for GVG.

Spend some time working on your friends list. Build up some decent trade contacts and you'll find it much easier to get goods. Mobile is harder in some ways but every time you change hoods look through their cities and determine what goods they are building. Message those that are building what you need or those that look like they build a lot of goods. You can eventually find people to trade with that way (although usually an established guild will be easier to get required goods from than this method).