• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Interface Improvements Feedback

They aren't going after any metric in this specific case - they're trying to make a cleaner interface for players on smaller screens. It's extremely cluttered on mobile, so by having collapsible elements, you can still have the info easily accessible, but not have it coving up what little real estate you've got on screen.

Now, the daily login bonus? You can bet that's working to try and increase the DAU. Active players will probably log in anyways, but for newer players who get free resources? That'll probably help out a little bit
My concern is that there are quests that are completed w/o me knowing it. Instead of having the top quest icon, why not a generic icon to indicate a quest has been completed (any 1 of the 3) I keep missing out, not knowing the soccer quest has been completed, or the daily quest, b/c their icons have been removed. If you need to save space for mobile users, why not have the icon be a quest icon?

UBERhelp1

My concern is that there are quests that are completed w/o me knowing it. Instead of having the top quest icon, why not a generic icon to indicate a quest has been completed (any 1 of the 3) I keep missing out, not knowing the soccer quest has been completed, or the daily quest, b/c their icons have been removed. If you need to save space for mobile users, why not have the icon be a quest icon?
I'm not saying it's a good interface. I'm just explaining what they were trying to do. I think it could (and should) be improved.

Xenosaur

What makes absolutely no sense with these changes is that the Daily Reward on the right side of the mobile screen stays visible REGARDLESS of it being completed each day, while the left side (Story Questing, Daily challenges, and Event Questing) are bundled and hidden - subordinated under the Story Questing icon.
Ironically, these are 3 very active parts of each day's "things to do, including:

1) story, side, recurring quests
2) multiple items to complete in the daily challenge list
3) Event quests
Each time we have something to do, or check on something we've done - that structure has to be "popped open" for those 3 things which might need review or tending.There was nothing wrong with the previous way we managed this. It's clearly a step backward for mobile users, and I would suggest it be made optional.

In other words - create an option to return back to the individual items on the left side all having top level status, not subordinated under 1 icon.

In fact Inno, you're welcome to hide the Daily Challenge item when it's done for the day, but if it's active or being worked on, leave it visible. Same for the Event Quest. Hide it when the daily event quest is complete *(usually 2nd half of the event design...) but leave it visible when event quests are available to be worked on.

Simple: Hide when nothing is active or can be worked on, make visible when there are things to do.

That's a much better use of space, and actually makes sense.

Last edited:

planetofthehumans2

This feature has been on live for a few days short of a month withalmost no changes. There are 5 pages asking for changes to the placement and function of the bar that are unheard?? Is it so hard to make the bar open vertically on PC.

LordViskin

Also get rid of the congratulation pop-ups during collections. Yikes!
Seriously, all those reward window pop-ups during collection really annoy me. I have a lot of buildings that produce fun stuff and keep getting interrupted while trying to drag and sweep to collect my stuff. Very frustrating!