• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] Is boosting others allowed?

cutecoyote

Hey I was wondering.... are people allowed to give lower-age people tons of goods? Like, trade a ton of their spare lower age goods down to others in the lower ages.

Lancer

You can do as you wish with your own goods. This is common place in a lot of guild's that are striving to help newer or struggling members acquire the goods needed to build say an ARC for example.

WendyEJ

We are in different guilds so how would one go about trading with a person whom they chose??

I know we can trade with guild or neighbours or acceptable offers how could you do otherwise

Beorn Bear

We are in different guilds so how would one go about trading with a person whom they chose??

I know we can trade with guild or neighbours or acceptable offers how could you do otherwise
You can also trade with friends. Trades with friends and neighbors cost 1 Forge Point for the person taking the trade. Trades with guild mates does not cost that FP. If you wish to trade with someone who is not a guild mate, neighbor or current friend, one of you will have to send the other a friend request. Some players keep their friends list at or above 80, which means that they cannot send out friend requests...but they can accept them up to a limit of 140. (Friends list will show 141, but one of those is the player him/herself.)

WendyEJ

Trades with friends and neighbors cost 1 Forge Point for the person taking the trade.
Now that I did not know Didn't associate trading with FP

Not to get off topic here but
If you wish to trade with someone who is not a guild mate, neighbor or current friend, one of you will have to send the other a friend request.

I have sent messages to others but how do you go about sending a friend request if they are not listed in guild or neighbours. (gotta love it you guys spell funny)

Plain Red Justice

To add into this point, chain trading is also allowed (the act of chaining 1 good to 2 good, then 2 goods to 4 goods transforming that 1 good to large amounts quickly) while the 1:2 hardcap in ratio in the market was implemented to prevent this very kind of degeneracy. It's one of the ironies in FoE

Lancer

Post the trades in the market and then attach them to a private message with the person you are doing it for

cutecoyote

One point: the person offering the weaker Goods should always be the person making the Market trade. if the stronger more valuable Goods person creates the trade it it is likely to be stolen out from you in a matter of minutes. and there is no way to get them back except beg... (which might work, sometimes.)
I don't understand this

Kranyar the Mysterious

If the weaker players puts up a trade, it isn't desirable for someone else to grab that isn't in the goods purchase transaction. Example:

Offer 50 Iron for 100 Cryptocash

If the stronger player posts up the same (reverse) trade, then that becomes highly desirable for someone else to grab quickly:

Offer 100 Cryptocash for 50 Iron

In the first example it was less valuable goods for more valuable ones, in the second it was the opposite, more valuable goods for less valuable ones.

cutecoyote

If the weaker players puts up a trade, it isn't desirable for someone else to grab that isn't in the goods purchase transaction. Example:

Offer 50 Iron for 100 Cryptocash

If the stronger player posts up the same (reverse) trade, then that becomes highly desirable for someone else to grab quickly:

Offer 100 Cryptocash for 50 Iron

In the first example it was less valuable goods for more valuable ones, in the second it was the opposite, more valuable goods for less valuable ones.
Oooooo that makes sense! Thanks lol

Plain Red Justice

When making purchases always do a same era to same era. Like 50 Cryptocash to 100 Golden Rice. Don't ever waste GBG ammo for purchasing goods