• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is deal castle worth it compared to defensive event buildings?

Frostblade

For a long time already I'm tinkering whether to build or not Deal Castle.

Lvl 80 DC gives 75% defense which is 75/(7x7) = 1,53 defense per square.
Aegean couples' resort for instance gives 58/20 = 2,4 defense per square which is 2,4/1,53-1=56% more defense per square.
Not to mention other benefits like fragments and goods and what not those event buildings provide in addition to defense which the DC does not.

There is plenty of other defensive event buildings that outperform DC.
Therefore, those of you who own DC, why do you value it and what are your arguments, why would you recommend me to build the DC?
And why do you keep your deal castle instead of plowing it and replacing with more efficient defense buildings?

Dursland

If you really want a GB for blue stats then build Pegasus. At least it gives fp too. But a lot of people are saying even that isn't necessary now with all the blue stats we're getting lately.

I have 75% from Pegasus and my blue boost is 2206/1924 in FE.

Ironrooster

Deal is not only too big, but it's secondary benefit of medals is too small for expansions. Even Saint Basil's isn't worth it anymore - mine will go as soon as I can better use the space.

Frostblade

I forgot but DC in same way as SBC gives support pool.
Since GvG will be abandoned I assume support pool will be either used in the GvG replacement or integrated into GbG somehow.
This is only assumption but I highly suspect support pool to be removed from those GB's as that would be them even more worthless.

Medals are worthless, yes, but we don't know what worthiness will support pool bring, does anyone has any idea about the replacement for GvG and whether support poll will be used there?
This might make these GB's more worth it compared to as it stands now, so I'm thinking about waiting and see whether support pool will be valuable in the new version of game.

Frostblade

Even Saint Basil's isn't worth it anymore
Are you sure about that, lvl 100 gives 3,75 defense per square which is comparable to defensive event buildings, that's way more that aegean resort (2,4) or athlon abey (2,9).

If you really want a GB for blue stats then build Pegasus. At least it gives fp too.
Problem is I'm in HMA and buying a set of goods for 10-17K fps is too much for my taste to pay per single level + fps to level the GB itself.

Johnny B. Goode

Deal Castle is not worth it even without comparing it to event buildings. Even the original "special" defense building, the Watchfire, gives 4% defense per square. 49 of those would be 196% defense and would be much easier to fit into a city than a single 7x7 monstrosity.

Ironrooster

Are you sure about that, lvl 100 gives 3,75 defense per square which is comparable to defensive event buildings, that's way more that aegean resort (2,4) or athlon abey (2,9).

Problem is I'm in HMA and buying a set of goods for 10-17K fps is too much for my taste to pay per single level + fps to level the GB itself.
I'm in SAT so event buildings are better than they are in earlier ages. This highlights a problem with GB's - they don't age up.

Also event buildings produce other things like FP's and secondary buildings. Azure Athlon Abbey and Aegean give attack boosts as well as defensive boosts.

jaymoney23456

I will never build deal castle or st. basils-I don't care if inno decides to use city defense for everything and drops red attack all together, I will still refuse out of principle lol

jaymoney23456

I only grudgingly do GE 5 for the forgotten temple-any gbg round that uses city defense in the future is a round I can safely say I couldn't care less about