• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is Hagia Sofia worth it for FP?

DeletedUser32824

For me it comes down to the math of FP produced per day per square. I didn't look at when certain GBs would pey themselves off. I wanted to increase my daily FP income any way I could. Hagia, CDM and Cape were all ways I could do that, so I built all 3.

I camped in HMA for a long time and made a rule for myself that I would build anything that generated FPs if it took up 12 squares PER FP or less. In the case of an SOK, it takes up 4 squares for 1 FP, so that's a really good one. Gondola dock market at 20 squares for 2 (2-3 really, but usually 2 for me) FP per day is 10 squares per FP. Hagia at 42 squares and 6 FP at lvl 10 is 7 squares per FP.

I chose to follow this method until my city was full of FP producing buildings and once it was, I would replace the most inefficient buildings with more efficient ones, like the gondola dock for 4 SOKs. I've gotten all the medal and diamond expansions available in LMA (where I'm at now) and I still have room for like 20 3x3 production buildings for repeatable quests. So I've never replaced any FP generating buildings. (Not to mention Hagia lvl 10 is covering all my happiness needs juuuust barely. I'm going to lose 120 with the winter spire unless I find happiness from somewhere else).

My income slowly grew from 40 to 80 to 120 and now it's at around 230 at collection time and with daily amount and quests thrown in I'm pushing 300. It doesn't matter when any of my GBs break even, because I have 300 FP/day NOW that I can invest in whatever I want, and that's an important part of the game. Sometimes it's good to do the hard math on whether something is worth it, but sometimes you have to do what you want. I'm building a Blue Galaxy next and that crap wont break even for a long time, but I want the rush of getting double collections on my royal ships or terrace farms...stuff that increases my daily FP amount!

Volodya

In reference to the arc side-converstion:

I happen to agree with stephen that it ruined the game - it's one of the few things I agree with him on. Personally I have adapted to its existence and use it extensively. I enjoyed it at first but I found the game in general got too easy a while down the road with all the extra GB benefits it brought along with it and that killed my motivation to keep trying to get stronger because it seemed unnecessary. aka ruined the game for me.

Yes it's 'just' a change, but it was a massive one, and the game afterwards looks entirely different than the game before it. I can respect that some people prefer the game after its launch. Is it so hard for you to respect that some people prefer the game before it?

If a "challenge" world was launched where it was disabled (as in will-never-exist) or at least tuned down (say halved effect of all GBs), I'd be there in a heartbeat and more motivated than I've been in a long time to play FoE. This is mostly a thought experiment though because they've shown no interest in launching worlds with alternate rulesets (all kinds of alternate rulesets would interest me honestly - most of my fun comes from analyzing strategies - things that change a large portion of that analysis would give me months more analysis to do).
I would love a "challenge" world with modified rules. My ideal "challenge" world would disable the ability to build a GB before its age and limit leveling to one level per week. I've only ever played in one world (with a 2nd quickly-ended experiment a couple of years back,) but I'd also start a city in that challenge world in a heartbeat.

Woody*

@amiar Great post. For me it is primarily about producing as many FPs as possible (currently @596/day without BG procs), but it is also about producing as many goods as possible. But I'm in VF and those goods are really valuable both to my guildies and to sell on the market.

Emberguard

I would love a "challenge" world with modified rules. My ideal "challenge" world would disable the ability to build a GB before its age and limit leveling to one level per week. I've only ever played in one world (with a 2nd quickly-ended experiment a couple of years back,) but I'd also start a city in that challenge world in a heartbeat.
One lvl per week? Bleh. That's pointless. You either have the FP income or you don't. No reason to restrict how fast you can lvl outside of the Arc - game is long enough as it is. A lvl cap of 20 would be more realistic for a challenge.

As to challenge city, you can do it in a heartbeat :D My first city is a current age (and below) city and always has been. No reason you can't have a self enforced restrictions city.

DeletedUser40996

I leveled my HS with goods buyers so it's been worthwhile for me. I have it up to lv18 for 10fp a day.

Next level is 11fps and it's cheap to level. Last level 732 total and can already get 247fps on 1st place from arc - with goods buyers it's fast.

Will be easy to get it past sweet spot for 38fp a day at lv63. Can't wait. :)

But others in my guild have asked same question. I tell them if you don't have goods buyers then consider terrace farm + 3 SoKs in same space instead. Even lv10 hagia is less fps than that.
Tterrace farms get plundered HS doesn't so imo HS is Win over Terrace