• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Is it better to spend forge points on great buildings or research?

• Thread starter DeletedUser28697
  • Start date

DeletedUser

To be fair, this is probably only possible due to my High ATK GBs, Traz supplying expendable rogues & my tactic only being tested in IA -> EMA -> HMA.
I would concur with this. These factors give you a huge advantage at that stage of the game. Might not (probably wouldn't?) work in higher ages. Although the AAV/7 Rogues might work against TE troops. Hmmm.

DeletedUser33740

It is a really bad hint. In fact it is dead wrong. If you move up to the next era before GE starts, you will have to face challenges based on the new era, not the old. As far as I know this has been true since GE started, so I don't know where @Zeidy Z got the wrong information. You should move up to the next era right after GE starts. Then you will get to face the old era's challenges all week, giving you that time to progress in your new era before having to face the new era's challenges. During that week, your GE rewards will still be from your old era, but if you have a Temple of Relics, any rewards from it will be from your new era.
Thanks for the info is whats I would like to say, but this is too funny. Some people say I can move an Age before GE starts withouth having to fight next era units. I guess I will find the hard way LOL. Cant believe people dont even agree with this...
I am refering to Titris Thrawns post. I wonder if moving an Era post hood swap like he says will provoke a different outcome. I doubt it...

DeletedUser

Thanks for the info is whats I would like to say, but this is too funny. Some people say I can move an Age before GE starts withouth having to fight next era units. I guess I will find the hard way LOL. Cant believe people dont even agree with this...
I am refering to Titris Thrawns post. I wonder if moving an Era post hood swap like he says will provoke a different outcome. I doubt it...
@Titris Thrawns isn't disagreeing with me on the mechanics of advancement timing. He is merely saying that he likes to move up in between the hood change and the start of GE despite the fact that he will face higher units. It works for him because (as he states) he is in lower ages and he has high attack GBs and he has a Traz pumping out Rogues.

Algona

One reason not to necro threads is that rules changes since the thread died render arguments, points, logic, and advice meaningless or false.

If you have a question start a new thread, it's a lot easier to answer a fresh question then it is to try to correct erroneous underlying assumptions.

DeletedUser33740

One reason not to necro threads is that rules changes since the thread died render arguments, points, logic, and advice meaningless or false.

If you have a question start a new thread, it's a lot easier to answer a fresh question then it is to try to correct erroneous underlying assumptions.
I was talking about the new answers of course.

DeletedUser

Of course! Mind if I ask what you were responding to in your first post in this thread?
He was responding to Zeidy Z's post stating that the best time to move up was after the hood shuffle and before the start of GE. Which, of course, is patently wrong. And I immediately pointed that out to him. :)