• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is my himeji broken?

• Thread starter DeletedUser36056
  • Start date

DeletedUser36056

First off, I do understand math, and know the difference between possible vs probable.

However, my himeji has been at level 61 for about 10 days, and I’ve had the worst rewards since I stopped leveling it, today I actually went 0 rewards for 9 attacks.

Is it possible to get what amounts to almost a coin flip wrong 9 times in a row? Yes. Is it probable? No.

I believe that was something like a 2% chance to get 0 of 9 rewards. But since hitting and staying at 61, I’ve rarely got more than 2 rewards. Is level 61 broken? Is my himeji broken?

Or am I just really unlucky the last 10 days?

Agent327

I believe that was something like a 2% chance to get 0 of 9 rewards. But since hitting and staying at 61, I’ve rarely got more than 2 rewards. Is level 61 broken? Is my himeji broken?

How can a level be broken? If that is what you believe move up to the next level and fix your problem.

DeletedUser36056

How can a level be broken? If that is what you believe move up to the next level and fix your problem.

Well, the game is coded by humans, humans aren’t perfect, thus the code could be flawed and result in bugs.

Algona

For a couple years after ToR came out folk thought specific levels of ToR were broken. No one ever reported the same levels as not working right.

I guess the grass is always greener behind you?

You'll get through your bad run.

Emberguard

Is it possible to get what amounts to almost a coin flip wrong 9 times in a row? Yes. Is it probable? No.

Shiny pokemon have worse odds yet I've found several. Your Himeji results aren't as spectacular as you think they are

Zero rewards from 9 flips isn't to be completely unexpected. If it's something that'd happened for every day over those 10 days I'd say you have a case. But you didn't say you got nothing for 10 days @ 46% you said you got lesser rewards, which means you've been getting something.

Reward spread is the following:
GBOutput.png

Now lets assume you successfully get 100 hits.

65 of those will be the least of the rewards in each category (10 FP, 10 goods or 5 rogues)
27 will be the middle rewards (50 FP, 25/50 goods, 10 rogues)

That leaves 8 hits for the top rewards (200 FP. 500 goods, Rogue selection kit, Diamonds)

Now at 50% hit rate I'd expect you to need 200 battles for 100 rewards (roughly). I can't be bothered to do the math so let's round it up to 230 battles given you only have 46%

In 10 days you've only had 90 battles - not even half way to the amount of battles you'd need for a higher %! As such if you've only had the lower rewards it's still consistent with the math of what to expect so far.

DeletedUser36056

Shiny pokemon have worse odds yet I've found several. Your Himeji results aren't as spectacular as you think they are

Zero rewards from 9 flips isn't to be completely unexpected. If it's something that'd happened for every day over those 10 days I'd say you have a case. But you didn't say you got nothing for 10 days @ 46% you said you got lesser rewards, which means you've been getting something.

Reward spread is the following:
GBOutput.png

Now lets assume you successfully get 100 hits.

65 of those will be the least of the rewards in each category (10 FP, 10 goods or 5 rogues)
27 will be the middle rewards (50 FP, 25/50 goods, 10 rogues)

That leaves 8 hits for the top rewards (200 FP. 500 goods, Rogue selection kit, Diamonds)

Now at 50% hit rate I'd expect you to need 200 battles for 100 rewards (roughly). I can't be bothered to do the math so let's round it up to 230 battles given you only have 46%

In 10 days you've only had 90 battles - not even half way to the amount of battles you'd need for a higher %! As such if you've only had the lower rewards it's still consistent with the math of what to expect so far.

It was just really odd going 0 rewards for 9 attacks, and the rest of the 10 days I’ve been getting like 50 goods and 5 rogues for the 9 attacks.

During the sweet spots at 1.9, I was flipping daily, and a few days I won so much fp I ended up doing 2-3 levels. So going from that to this long dry spell... made me wonder basically if it’s broken :)

DeletedUser

During the sweet spots at 1.9, I was flipping daily, and a few days I won so much fp I ended up doing 2-3 levels. So going from that to this long dry spell... made me wonder basically if it’s broken :)
And yet no one ever wonders if their GB/Event building/whatever is broken when they're getting more than the stated % of rewards. Curious. ;)

DeletedUser

Don't think I've had a single 0 day since my HC reached level 58. That was weeks ago. Is level 58 broken? :D
Probably. You should go on a rant and rage-quit the game over it. That's what a real gamer would do.;)

(For those with perception issues, I am posting here as a *snarky* player and not as a mod.)

DeletedUser36624

Chance of a 0 day at 58 is 0.4%. For a wild ass guess at "weeks", chance to get a 0 day over 4 weeks is a little over 10%. So about 1 in 10 level 58 Himeji owners will be in here complaining their Himeji's are broken each month.