• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Is necroposting allowed?

RazorbackPirate

Seriously, searching it to see if an individual player is active seems like a ton of unnecessary work.

I search Events History by name. Yes, it's a bit more work, but to me, it's well worth the effort. On PC, Events History goes back 7 days. Following your method, I'll retain any one who has aided me at any point in the last 7 days. Whether it was once or 7 times. It also gives me no information about tavern visits, also important to me.

With the filters that Events History has on PC, I only have to type the first few letters of their screen name to get what I need. Every Aid, every tavern visit and every trade they've taken the market.

Anyone that doesn't aid and visit at least 4 times a week gets cut. I started with your method, I'd cut a few, but my city still wasn't fully motivated and I was sweating the "Collect X Tavern Silver" tasks from the Daily Challenge. After failing to complete my second Daily challenge because of it, I switched to the search by name method.

@JCera uses a process a bit different than what I do. I change the browser's zoom factor to 80%, so Events History doesn't overlap the friends list at the bottom of the screen and I can see the names. I type enough of the name to differentiate it from others, the first 3 or 4 letters usually does it. Then I hit search. It shoes all their activity, the dates and the times. If I need to cut them, I just click on their name in Events History and select Remove as Friend. I work one page of 5 at a time, and can usually get it all done in less than 15 minutes.

Since switching to this method, I never worry about Collect Silver challenges, and I have to empty my 16 seat tavern 4 - 5 times a day. Even better I always have plenty of silver to buy as many boosts as I need to. When it's time to collect, moy city is almost always fully motivated. The extra work gives me the results that other methods didn't. Whatever works, right?

I'll also add that the method proposed by the OP gives no relevant information about anything. Sure I left the conversation, so I'm active, but I haven't hit your aid button in 2 months and I've never visited your tavern. But keep the aid and tavern visits coming my way. I'll be happy to leave the conversation to stay on your list. So for me, the PITA method is the way to go.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

On PC, Events History goes back 7 days. Following your method, I'll retain any one who has aided me at any point in the last 7 days. Whether it was once or 7 times.
It actually goes back only 5 days. Sometimes a little bit more, depending on the time of day you look at it, but never as much as 6 days, let alone 7. A simpler solution than searching would be to only go back 2-3 days (or whatever interval you think would work) and cut anyone that hasn't aided in that time span. Tavern sitting is so dependent on both players' activity level and timing that I never cut someone based on Tavern sitting. Plus, it is much too much work to even check that. Not worth it in my book, unless you're having a real problem with it.

RazorbackPirate

It actually goes back only 5 days. Sometimes a little bit more, depending on the time of day you look at it, but never as much as 6 days, let alone 7.

Thanks for the clarification. I couldn't quite remember and didn't want to go look.

I understand your other point, but it didn't give me the results I needed. The lookup by name method does. More work, but better results. I no longer have the problems, because I consistently do the lookup. About 15 min. every 2 weeks. I'm good with that.

DeletedUser26965

The lookup by name method does. More work, but better results.
That's the only way I've ever done it as well, still sucks though cuz what if they were aiding/sitting every day for months then something happened in the last five days where they couldn't and you happen to check at that time and kick what was a good aider/sitter. I think an info box with details of your friends would be nice, the date you became friends, how many times they've aided you and sat in your tavern since you've been friends, how many trades they've taken, when they aided and sat last and such.

But to the OP, go ahead and necro all the threads you want though I don't know what the point would be as I'm sure whoever made the OP has figured it out and messaging is a pretty obvious thing to do so not really necessary to point it out. And oftentimes this topic is about a better way to quickly and efficiently deal with the issue. As it is we can have 140 friends and 26 worlds, I really have no interest in messaging 3,640 friends.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35041

You know what, I don't care any more. You guys keep on doing what you're doing. I'm going to unwatch this thread so don't expect any more replies from me. I'm surprised you even have any friends to kick.

And thank you, m9silent12, for just answering the question without chiming in with your unwarranted opinions.

DeletedUser26965

And thank you, m9silent12, for just answering the question without chiming in with your unwarranted opinions.
I'm not sure why you get upset about the conversation. You wrapped your question in a bunch of context and started responding about clearing friends and such. It's a topic that comes up every so often so people get to talking about it and the conversation develops in such way. If you were insistent about only having your question about necroing answered then that could have been done just posting that and nothing else in the Questions section and simply ask "Is necroposting allowed?".

I don't see anything in the Forum Rules about it and I don't recall anyone ever saying it's not allowed but I'm willing to guess you know, since you're aware of the concept of necroing a thread, it's generally frowned upon as typically there's really no point in doing it. I'm betting you know that. So what was your reasoning behind posting all that context? It gives people the impression you are looking to discuss and such, or else like I said it could have been a one sentence post with a one sentence answer. Is necroposting allowed? Sure, but there's typically no real point in doing so.

DeletedUser27889

Apparently OP wants to necro post to put in their own opinion on dead topics, because their opinion is not just better than anyone playing the game now, but anyone who has played the game ever. That's an impressive ego.

I don't know of any forum rule that states you can't necro, in fact necros can be useful at times because sometimes the game changes and it's important to update it. For instance if someone necrod a post about the Treasure Hunt it would be good to write this feature is no longer available. Some people like myself read the forums way back when they started to try to figure out the game.

I wouldn't necro dozens of posts at once though if that's the plan, that would be almost as annoying as those mass messages you get from people asking if you're still active even though you aided them 10 minutes ago.

DeletedUser23211

I want the ten minutes of my life back from reading this thread.

A simple solution would be when (not if) INNO allows us to see players who are ghosted such as in Ikariam. Then you just unfriend them and move along.

You all have way too much time on your hands. Go do something useful.

DeletedUser31440

If you have a big enough monitor when you open the event history you can still see the names of people on your friend's list. Changelog 1.126 fixed the bug where removing a friend jumped you to the beginning of the list. Now you can go to the end of your friend's list, open the event history, type in the names to check activity, remove if necessary and move onto the next 5. This wasn't possible prior to Changelog 1.126, but now that it is it makes keeping up with your friend's list pretty easy. If you're monitor is not large enough, change your zoom (Ctrl + Mouse Scroll) until you can see both, names may be a bit small, but still much easier than any other way I've used in the past.

Friends - Unzoomed.JPG
Friends - Zoomed.JPG

Jern2017

I just did some cleaning up in my friend list a few days ago. It was a lengthy process, but I didn't want to delete anyone that's active.

The whole process lasted 2 weeks. I went through my friends, aiding and visiting taverns. I took a pen and paper and wrote down anyone that:

Was not a member of a guild (figured that can be one of the indicators, because some guilds kick inactive players).

Had a full tavern or it showed I was still visiting the taver.

I also wrote down a list of values of FPs in each of their GBs.

I checked the names again the next day when I was again visiting taverns. Crossed the names of people who have since collected from their tavern.

I visited the cities of players with taverns that remained uncollected. I checked their supply and production buildings to see if there were animations present, which would indicate they are producing resources. I also checked their GBs again, seeing if they added FPs to them or leveled them.

I kept checking back every day for about two weeks. A few of those friends appeared inactive, so I let them go.

Two names rang a bell, I think we swapped FPs a while back, so along with deleting them, I sent them a message, explaining myself and telling them they're always welcome back.

It definitely took time and effort, but I'm positive I have not deleted anyone who was active in the past 2 weeks.