• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is purchasing FP with gold a viable strategy?

DeletedUser27023

I would just like to know if most players buy FP regularly. I'm in PE now and have refrained from purchasing FPs except when required for a quest. A friend in a much higher level recently told me that he regularly buys FP. I think he told me he was currently paying over 200k per point now. It got me wondering why I have held back. My friend focuses on gold production in his city and with the aid of GBs, does his best to maximize gold production to fund the FP purchases. Do any or all of you do this?

DeletedUser8152

I don't maximize it but I buy lots of fp. Currently about 450k.

Algona

Buying FPs for Coins is especially sweet for sniping GBs to maximize the Inventory FP take. They are also useful when you need that little extra edge. As long as you are making more Coins then you are using for FPs. What else are you going to spend excess Coins on?

DeletedUser13838

I regularly buy a few fp/day but earn a lot more in coins. I can buy 7k fps and still have 100 million coins left. It's just a royal pain to buy so many. But now that OF has a recurring quest to buy 5 fps I might do that more often.

Mustapha00

This is another instance in which I go against the prevailing opinion: I buy FPs pretty much only when an Event Step or a Quest requires that I do so, which is why in the four servers on which I am in what I suppose would be considered mid-game (ME, PME), fps still cost me less than 10k each.

Now, that said, it isn't difficult at all to set up your city to produce crap tons of gold per day. Quest rewards can be gold. GE rewards can be gold. Many of the Event reward buildings produce gold. Shrines of Knowledge produce gold. Motivating/Polishing now produces gold based on the Age you're in rather than the straight 20gp it used to produce. Housing, of course, produces gold. You can use Tavern silver to buy gold production boosts. And then St. Mark's Basilica provides perhaps the highest percentage boost to production of any GB in the game GB level for GB level.

Heck, I'm probably leaving out several other ways to produce gold.

So yes, I would think that it can certainly be a viable strategery with moderate effort on the part of the player.

Jase249

I do it all the time. It basically makes St. Marks a FP building. By the time you get to EMA, coins and supplies should basically be irrelevant. Converting them to FP at least gives me something to do with the coins. I still don't know what to do with the supplies though.

DeletedUser27023

I regularly buy a few fp/day but earn a lot more in coins. I can buy 7k fps and still have 100 million coins left. It's just a royal pain to buy so many. But now that OF has a recurring quest to buy 5 fps I might do that more often.

Kudos on your good fortune. That is an amazing amount of gold. Are you saving it for any particular reason? Usin this calculator:

http://www.forge-db.com/tools/fpcalc.php

I determined my 35m can buy me 1100 FP. I thought that was a lot until I saw your post lol.

DeletedUser13838

I'm not saving up just don't like clicking so much. I've been building up my coins for a couple years and it all adds up.

DeletedUser15042

Op, Coin is so worthless in this game, why would you not buy FPs? They are perfect for when you need to add to someones new GB, or need that FP to drop on someones GB or to level your GB for double dip.

Sitting at 260,900 for my next FP. Have 540 million coins. Cant imagine what I would have if I had not bought FPs along the way.