• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is there a list for winter event grand prizes?

DeletedUser37249

I'm a noob and missed out on the good grand prizes for this year's winter event as I thought they referred to the prize for lighting the tree all the way to the top and didn't bother using any stars.

Now I'm sitting at 900 stars and waiting for a day with a decent grand prize to spend my stars on, but it seems for the past week it's been nothing but ... not good grand prizes. Is there a list out revealing what the grand prizes will be for the rest of the event so that I can plan when to spend?

I know it's my fault for missing out on the SOK, wishing well, etc., early on and am kicking myself over it, but here I am. Thanks in advance

DeletedUser29726

There will almost certainly be another SoK day (usually sometime near the 25th). You can see the list of the beta prizes on wiki (but they'll be in a different order, and perhaps not entirely the same overall):

https://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2018_Winter_Event/Beta

For confirmed prizes you can see the 'next' prize ~12 hrs early (from thai servers, relayed to wiki in main article) but that's as much ahead as you'll know.

DeletedUser36624

You mean the daily special? The grand prizes are the ones you get for lighting the tree to the top. Anyhow, there is a list of daily specials that appeared in the beta on https://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2018_Winter_Event/Beta and most items appear more than once. The live list is not the same as the beta list, but from my experience, the frequency of items is about the same, so you should have another shot at whatever you're looking for.

DeletedUser33179

Definitely reference the fan wiki for events detailed info - shows how game will be designed, all specific quests, all prizes & requirements to get each, etc. Info is initially based off beta players (who play it prior to event being live) - thus you can reference it to prepare prior to the event actually starting. While there's no guarantee that Inno won't change the quests from their final beta version, the fan wiki's quest list historically has been extremely accurate.

As already mentioned, the list of event daily specials will definitely be very different than as seen in beta (wildly different order). However it'll show correctly the next day's daily prize several hours ahead of time (from players living where they see the day 1st).

Don't worry at all that you missed the stuff you really wanted. Almost everything (with some rare exceptions) gets offered twice during these longer events. Be patient & save your stars for only the things you really want.

DeletedUser37249

Thanks for the info guys and gals - one more question... so for the special prize of the day, can it be collected multiple times? For example if the SOK appears again can I clear the entire list multiple times and collect the SOK multiple times that same day?

DeletedUser36020

Thanks for the info guys and gals - one more question... so for the special prize of the day, can it be collected multiple times? For example if the SOK appears again can I clear the entire list multiple times and collect the SOK multiple times that same day?
Yes

DeletedUser33179

Yes. Keep choosing presents until you get the "shuffle" prize. That automatically resets the entire presents grouping. Again choose presents & hopefully get what you want before stumbling upon the "shuffle" again. Repeat as many times as you have interest & stars.

RazorbackPirate

The presents also reset each day when the Daily Special changes. So after getting the last prize you want for that day, just leave the rest unopened. You'll start with a fresh shuffle after the DS change.