• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is there anything as too many TF's

sarek1024

I have 14 TF's in the ground and got 1 more in GE this week. Assuming your not one of those people who hate TF's for some strange reason how many is too many to have in the ground? (BTW I am in in Modern and the TF's are my sole source of age approriate goods in a very GE oriented guild)

Agent327

I don't hate TF's. I just think there are much better ways to get goods, so if you are using them for goods you are wasting space.

Besides that "how many is to many" is a rather ill thought question. It is something you can only decide for yourself. Different players means different answers. There is just not one right answer.

Lancer

Most players use the TFs for the 5fps production option. That's the only reason I use them. And I learned very early on that if you do use them for just the FP, then there is no reason to upgrade them. One up kits and Reno's can be much better used on other buildings. Unless perhaps all of the others are already up to your current age and don't plan on going up an age anytime soon. I only have 5 TFs. I get all my goods from GBs, WWs, and from GE. The answer to your question though is simply that their is no right or wrong answer. As @Agent327 stated everyone has a different way of playing and different agendas and goals.

DeletedUser40495

If they are your source of goods even one is to many.
I agree, use them for FP or they are honestly a waste of space. It’s much more efficient to build a Chateau Frontenac for the goods and devote the rest of your space to FPs (or military depending on the situation). In many cases goods aren’t even an issue due to other GBs and event buildings. Either way, Terrace Farms are a waste of space if used for goods (or anything else).

With that being said, they aren’t that efficient for FP either, compared to many of the new event buildings (and Shrines of Knowledge). I would honestly only recommend them if:
  1. You don’t have anything better to put in their place
  2. You have issues getting all of your buildings motivated (the main advantage of Terrace Farms is that they don’t require motivation)
I personally have a few Terrace Farms, and I’m keeping them until I get more efficient buildings to build instead... but until then Terrace Farms are a valuable asset for me.

In your situation, @sarek1024 only you can decide how many is the right amount to build. Ask yourself: What buildings do I have in my inventory to build instead? Would those buildings give me more FP? Goods? Coins? Supplies? Military bonus? And lastly: If you replace these Terrace Farms with buildings that require motivation, will getting them motivated become an issue? Weigh the benefits of each, and decide what is best for your city.

Only you can decide what is truly best for your city and your goals ;)

ODragon

I'm in Indy with 7 of them. I had nine but keep removing them for more efficient things. From time to time, not 100% is being mot/pol so they are a good space use vs SoKs.

One was removed for world's fair, other for kraken.

You have a lot more space to fill than I do I would imagine. Do what makes sense to your style but other than the odd event quest, all of mine are for fp!

DeletedUser33179

14 TFs at 5x6 size & 1060 population requirement for each to be at ME level as your only source of refined goods... ouch.

Perhaps you may want to look into other options for obtaining goods then decide how for your own situation how many TFs are too many for you.

Edit: FWIW Summer event starting tomorrow will have (amongst a bunch of other buildings new & old) last year's sunken treasure building offered again. 2x3 size with the 8hr production of 5 goods (having 2 to equal one TF goods output still takes much less space & barely any pop. requirement). Just one of many options you have to get refined goods

DeletedUser

In my OF city I use three of them for AF goods. It's the only city I use them in, and only for that specific purpose.

DeletedUser15539

I have three TF in my FE city for FP production, to mesh with my BG. But as soon as the Cultural Settlements and Events provide more space - efficient alternatives, we'll be finding out what you can get for a slightly used TF in the Antiques Shop.

DeletedUser37765

I have 14 TF's in the ground and got 1 more in GE this week. Assuming your not one of those people who hate TF's for some strange reason how many is too many to have in the ground? (BTW I am in in Modern and the TF's are my sole source of age approriate goods in a very GE oriented guild)
To me, the TFs are a source of fps. Fps are the primary reason I put them down, if I don't have anything better to place, like I ran out of soks but I have room, put terrace farms down. Space is the most valuable resource in the game, and I always use it to produce fps in some way, shape, or form. I'll even place down an arena of victors and set it for the fp if I have nothing else to place and have room to spare.

P.S. generally when you dont have anything else that is a better bang for your buck, I use tfs
Like I mentioned above, if I don't have any soks, or ssws, ill place them down. Hey, I'll take those 5 fps any day

ya know, I'm in the hma and only have 1 tf, but 5 fps add up...I'd place as many as I can since I dont have any soks or ssws. But I never win them, literally. It could be a face of the ancient or a terrace farm as end reward in GE but the game would still give me the face of the ancient...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jern2017

You'll know you have too many when you run out of space to build more efficient event buildings.

I think there are better buildings to use if you want to produce goods (keep an eye out for the Sleigh Builder in the Antiques Dealer).

I currently have six of them and they are always producing FPs. They get replaced whenever I can put something more efficient in their place. I replaced one with the Kraken and two with the Himeji Castle. I will replace the fourth one with the Crow's Nest.

*Arturis*

I have 43 now, and have room for 12 more, a high BG helps. I use them to make fps, goods can be produced from cf and other goods producing gbs.

Mustapha00

Given the benefits of various Event GBs and the relative ease of acquiring fully upgraded version of them, I could see the day coming that TFs are obsolete. Their only real virtue is that they are- potentially- more easily and more frequently obtained than Event buildings.

DeletedUser40495

I sort of wish Inno would change Terrace Farms to produce more FP per day - that way they don’t become obsolete for actually building.

They will just become more and more obsolete as time passes by and more efficient buildings are introduced in events and cultural settlements.

DeletedUser30312

I think they're fine. GE buildings serve a decent purpose as a starting step up for newer players who haven't gathered a lot of event items yet. And they have some pretty good trade in values at the dealer -- I'd say too good TBH given how common they can get.