• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Its Quiet ..too Quiet ..

spnnr

Recently G world has become a lonelier place as quite a few players seem to have been gone on hiatus especially since GVG was mothballed. It’s a great pity, as many of those folks gave the World its distinctive flavor as for years it revolved mainly around the cut and thrust of GVG (such as QL et al vs TPL et al as well as the rise of guilds who brought the Storm). Many of the top players in the World have the scars and character to show for their participation in titanic struggles for Map Domination - including those small guilds that would play spoiler to the Big Boys fun..

Hopefully there will be a rebirth and evolution with new players taking their place but in the interlude I came across a passage ‘For the fallen’ by Laurence Binyon that seem a fitting tribute to those no longer with us:

They went with songs to the battle, they were young,

Straight of limb, true of eye, steady and aglow.

They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted;

They fell with their faces to the foe.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning

We will remember them.

respect.jpg

The Lady Redneck

It is not just G world. I think most worlds have a depression over them since the end of GvG. A lot of the long standing players have not left, But stayed on with the faint hope that QI would be at least some how interesting enough to lift their spirits and make the game they have played for years something they could still love and get excited about. But the realisation is sinking in that the game is now simply boring, And no amount of pretty high powered rewards really count for much. And the reason they are still here is because of the friendships they have built up over the years. Yes they still play the game, but just because it is there, not because it is worth much to them any more.

The Ode to the Fallen was originally used to remember the dead of The Great War (WW1) but is now said on Rememberance day for all service men who gave their lives in war.

Last edited:
But the realisation is sinking in that the game is now simply boring, And no amount of pretty high powered rewards really count for much.
Agree. Qi is boring. There is nothing "eventful" about the events, nothing exciting or fun has been offered in a long, long time. All the talk about investing more into FoE is pure bait and switch; a very transparent and clumsy effort to keep people hanging on and playing/paying

spnnr

Agreed with Lady and Outlaw with regards to the general feeling of the folks I been around -I guess it can be summarized by a friend of mine's contribution on global chat :"Now instead of war, we get to build 2 brand new cities in our city every 2 weeks. Yay for us!!"

But I guess the only constant is change ..

Johnny B. Goode

This is a video game, not real life. Write your own poem to your depressed pals. It's beyond appalling to "pay tribute" to a bunch of keyboard "warriors" using a poem dedicated to those who physically fought for their countries and actually died. Really, the lack of propriety anymore. :rolleyes:

Dominator - X

Recently G world has become a lonelier place as quite a few players seem to have been gone on hiatus especially since GVG was mothballed. It’s a great pity, as many of those folks gave the World its distinctive flavor as for years it revolved mainly around the cut and thrust of GVG (such as QL et al vs TPL et al as well as the rise of guilds who brought the Storm). Many of the top players in the World have the scars and character to show for their participation in titanic struggles for Map Domination - including those small guilds that would play spoiler to the Big Boys fun..

Hopefully there will be a rebirth and evolution with new players taking their place but in the interlude I came across a passage ‘For the fallen’ by Laurence Binyon that seem a fitting tribute to those no longer with us:

They went with songs to the battle, they were young,

Straight of limb, true of eye, steady and aglow.

They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted;

They fell with their faces to the foe.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning

We will remember them.

A bit dramatic, but yeah, change happens.

spnnr

This is a video game, not real life. Write your own poem to your depressed pals. It's beyond appalling to "pay tribute" to a bunch of keyboard "warriors" using a poem dedicated to those who physically fought for their countries and actually died. Really, the lack of propriety anymore. :rolleyes:

Aye -sorry for the offense none was meant and I am in truth quite a sod (at times) if that helps.