• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Just curious.

Emberguard

Ridiculous. Sometimes, no, many times, guild mates WANT you to snipe them since they are self levelers. If you become so legalistic that you ignore others wants, you are playing this game and living life so wrong. Don't be a dope and learn which guild mates want sniping help and which don't.

The only in-guild snipers I've ever come across never bothered to ask what anyone else wanted prior to sniping their fellow Guild Members. People don't usually take issue with deals between Guild Members. Making private deals is normally encouraged. People do (generally speaking) take issue with lack of communication if someone's going to do their own thing if that then conflicts with other deals / commitments with other Guild Members, or just isn't what the person that was sniped was wanting

Graviton

Making private deals is normally encouraged. People do (generally speaking) take issue with lack of communication if someone's going to do their own thing if that then conflicts with other deals / commitments with other Guild Members, or just isn't what the person that was sniped was wanting

Exactly. Additionally, making a private deal with another guildmate isn't sniping at all.

Angry.Blanket

Ridiculous. Sometimes, no, many times, guild mates WANT you to snipe them since they are self levelers. If you become so legalistic that you ignore others wants, you are playing this game and living life so wrong. Don't be a dope and learn which guild mates want sniping help and which don't.

To formulate a system of belief or thought processes that ignores the self levelers and others who welcome such assistance is absurd and undoubtedly, self righteous at its basis.
That's not sniping, and not what we are talking about. Any player in my guild can ask me to take spots anytime.

Athanofthered

I can't believe I"m actually going to bite on this one but "how?" Threads are threads. The word wasn't coined by Inno Games, you know? lol It's actually a common enough term that popped into existence around the time that cell phones became affordable to the general public if you're talking about text threads or social media threads but if you mean others well, a quick 10 second search on the Internet got me page upon page (1000's of them) derivatives, applications, etymologies, and all sorts of things but one thing was clear: when talking about a game or anything else on the computer it boils down to either an actual messaging system that was name for the word "threads" as one type of, you guessed it, thread.

Just because your in-game experience has led you to believe the word "thread" is interchangable with the "type" of thread used in FoE is....not what most people have experienced I'd hazard a pretty good guess. :rolleyes:
Okay, in FOE guild's have 1.9 threads its what most people call them lol being a bit pedantic here tbh.

JJ597

To answer your original question, most GB's have a "sweet spot" where once opened up to level, they can be sniped. The goal is to be in an active enough guild that you either "power level' or have guildmates take 1st and 2nd as soon as available, while the GB is in this sweet spot.

qaccy

To answer your original question, most GB's have a "sweet spot" where once opened up to level, they can be sniped. The goal is to be in an active enough guild that you either "power level' or have guildmates take 1st and 2nd as soon as available, while the GB is in this sweet spot.
The original question was specifically about the SAT GBs, not GBs in general. And no, the SAT GBs do not.

Dominator - X

The only in-guild snipers I've ever come across never bothered to ask what anyone else wanted prior to sniping their fellow Guild Members. People don't usually take issue with deals between Guild Members. Making private deals is normally encouraged. People do (generally speaking) take issue with lack of communication if someone's going to do their own thing if that then conflicts with other deals / commitments with other Guild Members, or just isn't what the person that was sniped was wanting
As I stated, and you highlighted, it's about learning their habits. It does not require communication. It requires observation. When you find those who are self-levelers, you snipe them. Either it is you or a neighbor. I have never received any flack from self-levelers that I snipe. Whether friend, neighbor or even guild mate. Never.

Angry.Blanket

It is the very definition of sniping. It does not matter who the person is or what their relationship to you is. If you don't ask, it is considered sniping in this game, whether YOU consider it that or not.

THAT is not sniping and definitely not what I am talking about.
What ? You ask them if they want you to snipe them and it is or is not sniping if they say yes ?
A guild mate asks you to put points on his building, it is sniping because you didnt ask him first ?
Its cool how you get to be the one that tells everyone else what the definition of sniping will be whether they agree or not,. :)
Every one I play with , sniping = unwanted/uninvited player contributions,
Adding fp when its wanted = not sniping.

Dominator - X

What ? You ask them if they want you to snipe them and it is or is not sniping if they say yes ?
A guild mate asks you to put points on his building, it is sniping because you didnt ask him first ?
Its cool how you get to be the one that tells everyone else what the definition of sniping will be whether they agree or not,. :)
Every one I play with , sniping = unwanted/uninvited player contributions,
Adding fp when its wanted = not sniping.
Wow, you are a slow learner, but at least I helped you figure it out in the end. You're welcome.