• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Kraken and autobattle

LaGoulue

I autobattle exclusively unless I want to watch how various units perform. How does the Kraken work with autobattle? I usually field 1-3 units that I find effective with the balance rogues (14k). I'm content to reach the 90s in GBG. The FP seem weak compared to event buildings. I have the military buildings at 80 and above and AO. Should I keep the Kraken?

Dursland

Kraken works the same in autobattle as it would if you manually battled. The only difference is that you won't know if it activated or not, but it has the same rate of activation regardless.

As for whether you should keep it, that's a matter of debate. I deleted mine, as there's a lot you can fit into 5x5 these days that's better than KOing 1 unit and a few fps.

Once your boost is high enough the utility of Kraken is not very useful.

Ebeondi Asi

One way you can see it working is to Start a battle manually, and once in the battle window, click to autobattle. Then you can watch the battle as it happens. And see the hit from Kraken. It is fun to watch.

LaGoulue

Thank you both for the info. My A/D boosts are above 1000% which has made me skeptical of Kraken's value. I can use the space since I have it on a 2-way road. I do go manual/autobattle to see how various combos of units perform, and it is fun but GBG requires quick battles. I'm not always quick in GBG since I loop the "defeat X units" and collect a lot of rewards. Thanks, again!

Portia the Benevolent

Kraken is such a waste. I do so many battles, the measly battle boost equals a zero. Had I known at the start I would never have added. I stopped it at 80 and have considered removing it often, truth be told.

Portia the Benevolent

Kraken works the same in autobattle as it would if you manually battled. The only difference is that you won't know if it activated or not, but it has the same rate of activation regardless.

As for whether you should keep it, that's a matter of debate. I deleted mine, as there's a lot you can fit into 5x5 these days that's better than KOing 1 unit and a few fps.

Once your boost is high enough the utility of Kraken is not very useful.
Glad to hear that. I want to delete but keep holding off. Maybe I’ll take the plunge.

jaymoney23456

Kraken is such a waste. I do so many battles, the measly battle boost equals a zero. Had I known at the start I would never have added. I stopped it at 80 and have considered removing it often, truth be told.
The question to ask is what would you get out of whatever you put in place of kraken-right now you get fp and you can get some modest utility out of the kraken ability if you do something like fight in GE 5 with kraken chances if your defense isn't that high yet or if you collect after your attrition in GbG is about its regular max-with kraken you could get in a small number of additional fights-if you have high attack already and you put in say 50% more attack in the space of kraken is it going to help you out to the extent you could even notice it? I would say no from my experience-if I add even 300% black attack and defense potion I can barely tell a difference

Portia the Benevolent

The prob is I have two collections: regular and BG. I auto collect. I can’t try and hold kraken. It isn’t feasible the way I have it set up. I’ve been getting all 80 battles in GE with no negs in SAT and notice that most of the time kraken isn’t even in play. So basically can I lose 45 FPs or so? Yeah.

Last edited:

Darkest.Knight

I found the Kraken is useful for extending my attrition doing GbG an extra 24 fights, instead of topping out in the high 140's can go as high as 163.

Xenosaur

If you treat the Kraken as the tool it is, and if you can align it with your playing times and styles, it's extremely helpful (thank you @Darkest.Knight). Anytime you can position a battle to be...

You: 8 warriors
AI Defense: 7 warriors

your odds of winning go up, substantially, and your warriors are a LOT less banged up (chipped up) - especially for 2 wave battles or 1+7 battles (1 warrior, 7 rogues)

Early in GE 5, when I (and probably most of you all, too) found ourselves a little lean on city defender warrior stats...I shifted the Kraken into position to help me, especially in the last 8 encounters - but really - in all of it.

It made a huge difference in my loss counts, and I didn't have to find additional help to boost my soldiers immediately.

I use the Kraken now on the continent map, with great fighting results, especially since I'm fighting MARS soldier usually with Contemporary or at best, what I have from FE, AF or OF era.

As @Darkest.Knight also said, I use it as well (if it's available and I have aligned the need with the opportunity...) in GbG for tough attrition painful battles.

I am in no rush to remove it... it's only 25 squares and not causing me any game, sleepless nights...

Last edited: