• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Lack of Expansions

DeletedUser40176

Long time player, new forum member. Still not sure how everything works here, but I have a question regarding the expansions.

I checked the tech tree and there's only 9 expansions left for me to unlock, and I only have 2 victory expansions left (total 11 expansions), but I checked the land around my city and noticed there's room for way more expansions than that. So my question is, why is the game cheaping out? There's never enough space to build all the stuff I want to build, and my inventory is full of event buildings I could use, but I just can't squeeze them in because there's no room. Most GBs are also really big and take up a lot of space. So do regular buildings the more the city evolves. So why the cheapness, bruh? There's even a limit to expansions that cost diamonds, I think. Just think that it should be easier to make room for stuff...

DeletedUser40176

As a long time player you should have known there has always been more land than expansions.

It is a puzzle for each to solve in their own way.

Just because someone's been playing the game for a long time doesn't necessarily mean they have to know how many expansions there are. I never counted all the expansions in the tech tree until I reached AF and only had 2 more victory expansions left. Don't see what that has to do with the amount of time a person's been playing.

Last edited by a moderator:

RazorbackPirate

Inno gives us more space to place expansions then expansions available so that we have flexibility in our city arrangement. It also leaves Inno room to add additional expansions as new ages are introduced. It is what it is, don't expect that to change. The constant need for more space is part of the challenge to the game. It continually forces you to make choices to prioritize what's most important since we'll never have enough space to build everything want to.

DeletedUser40176

Inno gives us more space to place expansions then expansions available so that we have flexibility in our city arrangement. It also leaves Inno room to add additional expansions as new ages are introduced. It is what it is, don't expect that to change. The constant need for more space is part of the challenge to the game. It continually forces you to make choices to prioritize what's most important since we'll never have enough space to build everything want to.

Thanks

DeletedUser30312

Exactly. It give the player the opportunity to lay out the city however she or he wants rather than locking everything into a specific place like something like Grepolis does.

DeletedUser40191

At first i was not happy that i couldn't rotate my buildings. i mean I was seriously going to stop playing because i thought something was broken with the game, but now the world feels like more of a puzzle. I'm just in high middle ages and saved up money to buy all the diamond expansions, but i feel like it will never be enough so i have to be more creative and efficient with my city building.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13262

Can't find an answer to this in wikis or forum -- are there expansions in Mars Age that are available for medals only? Menu shows a Diamond expansion available but no Victory expansions. I'm trying to figure out whether it makes sense to keep all my medal-producing buildings.

Emberguard

@Jacki14

The Mars medal expansion was released back in update 1.145 for a cost of 950,000 medals prior to the Mars age itself being available

There’s a pretty good chance there’ll be another medal expansion either leading upto the next age or around that time based on previous release schedules but it’d be specifically for the next age

Last edited:

DeletedUser13262

Emberguard, thank you for your help. That's what I thought I was seeing, but short of trying to count my squares I couldn't be sure whether I was due to find more or not.