• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Lag Problems

Algona

Hey, am I the only one dealing with lag? And is there a way to reduce said lag? Asking for advice.

I've had lag in the city screen since the Event started worse yesterday then today. Seems the lag is a lot less after midnight.Pacific. Purelt subjective observations though.

You might try turning off animations sound, music, no guarantee any of that will help.

UBERhelp1

I like your name @ComparatorClock

But on topic, lag can be reduced via animations being turned off, a stronger internet connection, better computer, and less background applications running. You might also want to try clearing cookies and/or browser history.

Super Catanian

The lags usually happen during the special sale days, often on Black Friday right after Thanksgiving.
Is that right? One would suspect that server lag is caused by increasing player activity on the servers, but I don't think The Whales purchasing Event Buildings is enough to lag the game for everyone.

Also just FYI I have experienced a bit of lag on my side, but that is also because my laptop is on developer mode or something. Nothing too crazy.

Ericness

I've had serious lag on mobile throughout the event. Same settings and device I've used for almost a year now. Never had consistent issues like this previously.