• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Live answers -- Ask Me Anything about the Birthday Contest!

DeletedUser21318

It's over already? If so that really sucks, I hope you guys decide to extend it.

DeletedUser16766

the forum crashed during the contest. What about those that couldn't get in due to that?

DeletedUser10806

the forum crashed during the contest. What about those that couldn't get in due to that?
Doubt we'll get an answer to that. Waste of an hour of my life!
(not to mention all the hype before!)

DeletedUser16258

hi
I have sign in in that time and sent infrmatin but nothing happened

DeletedUser14175

Do I get registered or I'm late?
Couldn't access last night...
Please, advise.
Thanks

DeletedUser9184

As far as I know, the a random chance for players to enter the contest and a prizes were picked at random, so the chances that you did not win are the same chances of you could not enter plus the chances of you entering and not winning in which I don't see a problem there.
That being said, it was already mentioned that for further contests similar to these, it will be longer than an hour to prevent this sort of problem again.

DeletedUser10806

As far as I know, the a random chance for players to enter the contest and a prizes were picked at random, so the chances that you did not win are the same chances of you could not enter plus the chances of you entering and not winning in which I don't see a problem there.
That being said, it was already mentioned that for further contests similar to these, it will be longer than an hour to prevent this sort of problem again.
Your first sentence, if you reread it, is a little confusing. In fact it makes no sense at all to my small brain.

It sounds like you're saying that if you couldn't log on (like me) then you had the same chance of winning as someone who managed to log on and make a post in the relevant thread?
If that's the case then your statement is patently wrong and belittles the competition to an enormous extent - ie whether you enter or not you have the same chance of winning.
Has FOE gone nuts?

DeletedUser9184

Your first sentence, if you reread it, is a little confusing. In fact it makes no sense at all to my small brain.

It sounds like you're saying that if you couldn't log on (like me) then you had the same chance of winning as someone who managed to log on and make a post in the relevant thread?
If that's the case then your statement is patently wrong and belittles the competition to an enormous extent - ie whether you enter or not you have the same chance of winning.
Has FOE gone nuts?
I'm stating in order to win a prize, you would have to be able to enter the forum (in which it was a random chance of that occurring) and you would have needed to be picked for a prize (in which the winner was picked at random).
There was no way to exploit the chances of you winning (it gives you a chance, but you cannot abuse this luck) based off the complaint that you cannot log on.

*Note I'm not speaking on behalf of Inno, (99% of the time) just giving my opinion.

*Also note again that it is mentioned in the after-contest apology that contests will be run differently to keep players more happy. This giveaway didn't cost anything but a frustrating hour for most (that includes me trying to help even though I was being locked out many/most of the time as well, and I like all the other moderators were only volunteering to help).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22197

WHere do we post?

- - - Updated - - -

How do you win, have to be present?

DeletedUser16827

so i take it that it was last night only??
because if so, thats not cool. every time i tried to get on the forum it was down and didn't get the chance to win anything. LAME!

DeletedUser10806

test POST 12345
The fact that people are still making test posts and wondering whether they've won a prize suggests one of 2 things to me
a) The Communication for this event was perhaps... shall we say, Poor?
b) There are a lot of ignorant people out there.

30/70 would be my guess.