• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Live answers -- Ask Me Anything about the Birthday Contest!

DeletedUser21112

Is this just a waste of time .
I am logging into thread at 6 55 PM EDT and it says thread closed.
You didn't open before 6pm and closed it early ?

What gives ???

Then i FIND THIS SOMEHOW AND IT'S AFTER HOURS ??

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser21066

So I've been trying to log in and post for over 30 minutes.. looks like I missed the party.. how un-cool

DeletedUser21066

I first tried to log in on my phone to no avail. I'd say happy birthday but after this worked out so lame I think the only thing I can say is goodbye.. I've wasted enough time on this...

DeletedUser9681

The same for most, they could not get in or they by the time they did, most of the prizes were gone. Since FOE knew that most were having a problem getting in, why did they not wait and give the prizes after they had solved the problem, since it was an FOE problem, before picking winners? Seriously, you should not hold contests that is not fair to all and this was not fair to all. You should not have it at all, if you cannot make it fair to all.

Archonicus

What will happen for those of us who were unable to connect to the FoE server for the entirety of the birthday contest (May 23 2015)? As far as I can tell, no one in my guild was able to connect either. I sat on the 'tavern' forum in advance of 9:00, but once the event started and I refreshed the browser, all I got was 'unable to connect to server' over and over and over. I managed to get in about 3 minutes after the event was over; I'm surprised that anyone was able to get in.

FYI: I'd be happy to help you scale your forum web application so that it doesn't completely choke on the next event.

saw that the thread was opened early which i thought was a trick so waited till 9pm sharp to post. ended up timing out error many times. finally posted reply accepted around 9:58 pm. not doing this again…glad folks won, i just would've liked a chance to play. had looked forward to it. maybe i should've posted earlier than the stated time when the thread was opened, just thought the rules stated 9 pm.

DeletedUser20317

Post 46 and 79 in the birthday thread were identified as winners, but both posts came before 9pm. The rules clearly stated that posts needed to be made between 9 and 10pm east. What gives?

The first legitimate entry should have been post #333. Any prior to that should not have counted.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8428

It is not. YOUR DISPLAY is showing you something else. Check your TZ settings

DeletedUser21112

The same for most, they could not get in or they by the time they did, most of the prizes were gone. Since FOE knew that most were having a problem getting in, why did they not wait and give the prizes after they had solved the problem, since it was an FOE problem, before picking winners? Seriously, you should not hold contests that is not fair to all and this was not fair to all. You should not have it at all, if you cannot make it fair to all.

I have issues almost every time they have an "event".
This will be one of the more memorable events. (sarcasm !)

I can hear the excuses already...

It was free and you did not HAVE to participate.

Future events will be ignored, because they cannot get their S**T together.

The usual disappointment.

- - - Updated - - -

What will happen for those of us who were unable to connect to the FoE server for the entirety of the birthday contest (May 23 2015)? As far as I can tell, no one in my guild was able to connect either. I sat on the 'tavern' forum in advance of 9:00, but once the event started and I refreshed the browser, all I got was 'unable to connect to server' over and over and over. I managed to get in about 3 minutes after the event was over; I'm surprised that anyone was able to get in.

FYI: I'd be happy to help you scale your forum web application so that it doesn't completely choke on the next event.

I think that sums it up pretty well FOR EVERYBODY except a handful that somehow got lucky and got in (which still remains to b e seen.....)