• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

LMA 2nd recurring quest question

wiserpenny

I'm in HMA right now and have a couple questions about the 2nd recurring questline I've read about from LMA

1) When does it unlock? When I advance far enough into the continent map itself? Meaning, I technically wouldn't HAVE to be LMA to get it?
2) Does it stay with you from that point forward the rest of the game? Or does it disappear at some point?

Any other info you smart people have I'm not thinking of would be useful.

Info on my city if you need it
Only been playing since October and this is my first city.
Set up with a heavy questing format on Birka, so recurring quests are a big part of my economy.
Working on building up fighting GBS, but also have LOA leveled at the same rate.
Would love a stinkin CF but am having an awful time finding prints (.... anyone have help on that one?)

Thanks.

DevaCat

Best to do a search on that second RQ giver, and be careful about advancing on the cmap. I don't recall for sure, but I think you have to be in LMA to get it and I can't remember what triggers it off hand. Sorry, really helpful, right? Lol, well in my LMA city I did lose it briefly when I triggered and had to complete the bonus quest before it came back. Fortunately that was short and I did pick up a few next age troops in the process. The next gotcha (Indy map) will replace the 2nd RQ for a lot longer, so take care.

Definitely go for the CF! Try to take 5th spots on higher level CFs, scour the hood, make higher level friends etc. For some unfathomable reason it seems to not get the respect it deserves, and it took me a long time in my first city to get the prints. The Arc and CF are the only ones I've ever spent the 200 diamonds to get that last print!

Edit: look for "Continent Map Progress and Recurring Quests" here in the Questions forum. Six pages, but best to read it all. Summary: LMA storyline will open up the 2nd RQ slot. Two provinces in Indy map to not take, to prevent losing 2nd RQ for a lengthy period. Past that, will lose 2nd RQ only when a side quest is triggered and will return when the quest is completed. Good luck!

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

You'll get the 3rd quest giver in LMA when you trigger the Princess Mycenia Bonus quest line. The Bonus quest line is triggered when you complete the Story quest 'Fair Maiden', the last Story quest of LMA. Upon completion of the Bonus quest line, the 3rd slot that was opened up will be replaced with Recurring Quests.

While you retain the 3rd quest slot throughout the rest of the game, the recurring quests will occasionally get replaced by Side quests or other Bonus quests as they're triggered from the Story line, the Tech Tree, or the C-Map.

IMO, LMA is the best age to park in and build your city. Having two RQs running simultaneously, with low completion requirements makes that age awesome.

DevaCat

I fully agree about LMA being good for parking and leveling, and having two RQs there drives me crazy in my younger cities where I can't!

However, I got the second RQ giver before triggering the Princess quest. I got to do all of one or two double collections before triggering her quest, and recall my dismay as I'd planned to hold off for a while. As it happened, it was during an event so taking provinces etc helped with that and completing it (and getting the RQ giver back) went a lot faster than I had feared.

To clarify, I just did a quick look and in "Quest Slot" xivarmy explains that the 3rd quest slot appears when you are about to unlock the LMA bonus line by rescuing the princess (that's when I got a second RQ giver). Then that slot is occupied by the unabortable LMA bonus line once you welcome her to your city (the trigger I had wanted to avoid), and then once completed it becomes a 2nd RQ slot.

Minor point really, and in my next city to reach that point I will go ahead and do the LMA bonus line without hesitation. It's nice to have Colonial units in a LMA city's defensive army :)

RazorbackPirate

Correct, but I found it completely obnoxious to have the quest completed check mark always there. Once I'd conquered the Bonus quest provinces, I collected 'Fair Maiden' completing the Bonus ques line in a few hours.

I also found it difficult for others to follow, everyone getting into the Bonus quest line forgetting to stop once the last quest had been completed, but not collected.

In my second city, knowing what's up, I just blasted through the entire LMA Story quest line, Tech Tree, and Bonus quest line in about 2 days.