• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Looking for War Advice

Mr Rosary

I'm in industrial Age i need to know what units to Spawn and Spam please i've been told artillery but does that mean Riflemen, Jeager's supported by Lancers and Howitzers followed by Breech Loaders and Field guns ?

PJS299

I use two Howitzers and six Rogues. You can also do eight Howitzers. The second-best unit, IMO, is Jaeger Infantry, which you can either mix in with the Howitzers (2H, 2J, 4R - 1H, 2J, 5R...) or do them by themselves/with rogues. In Indy, there really isn't a unit that dominates everything, (In Iron it's Ballista, FE it's Hover Tank...) but this is my opinion on units:

1. Howitzer - you usually can't go wrong with heavy units, and in Indy, heavy units are the best
2. Jaeger Infantry - light units are usually pretty ok
3. Rifleman - Ranged are decent in some ages, in Indy they are middle of the road
4. Breech Loader - unlike FE and IA, artillery units aren't great in Indy
5. Lancer - Fast units suck in every age I've played in. The Lancer has a high atk compared to the Howitzer, but they die very quickly. I use mine for when I'm doing quick battles at low attrition in GBG.

Like I said before, Indy isn't a great age for fighting. I'm only camping in it because I need to get more points. But I hope that helped!

Usually I use 2 Howitzers and 6 rogues, I've tried 3H 5R and 1H 7R, but 2H 6R works best.
Sometimes I will use 2H 2J 4R, typically for higher attrition or for the beginning of GE5.
When fighting higher age opponents with a high atk in the PVP arena, I will use 8J.
The last 8 encounters of GE5 I use 4H 4J.
When doing quick fights against a low atk enemy I will almost always use 8L or a mix of L, B and R.
On ages above me on the Continent Map I use 2H 6R.

Sorry, that's a lot. Feel free to ask more questions and I'll answer to the best of my ability.

Also, some people might know better than me. This advice may not be the best in all cases.

I've had decent success using 1 Jaeger, 1 Rifleman and 6 Rogues. That seems to be able to handle most everything.

I do think that your experience depends to a fair extent on what your Attack and Defense values are.

jaymoney23456

Indy is a poor fighting age unless you have higher age units-if you have those use em if not I would age up to FE and camp for a while

Johnny B. Goode

Indy is a poor fighting age unless you have higher age units-if you have those use em if not I would age up to FE and camp for a while
Indy is only a poor fighting age if your boosts are insufficient. Indy artillery is pretty decent, and as noted by others, Howitzers with Rogues is pretty unstoppable. I've never been a fan of Jaegers, but I do understand why some like them. The only possible reason to dislike Indy fighting is that there is a big disadvantage when going against PE troops in PVP Arena. Otherwise, Indy actually rocks for military.

UP ONLINE

I'm in industrial Age i need to know what units to Spawn and Spam please i've been told artillery but does that mean Riflemen, Jeager's supported by Lancers and Howitzers followed by Breech Loaders and Field guns ?
make love not WAR

fred64

What would you consider insufficient boost? I'm in Indy and having trouble in PME on the continent map. A 500+ D400+

PJS299

What would you consider insufficient boost? I'm in Indy and having trouble in PME on the continent map. A 500+ D400+
The thing I've heard a lot, is aim for about 1000/1000. This is pretty good for the era, and you can keep bringing it up.

fred64

The thing I've heard a lot, is aim for about 1000/1000. This is pretty good for the era, and you can keep bringing it up.
Def. seems to be much harder to come by. I wish INNO would have Def. boosters like they have Att. boosters. The Def. boosters they have are for Def. army only. By design I guess.

Emberguard

Def. seems to be much harder to come by. I wish INNO would have Def. boosters like they have Att. boosters. The Def. boosters they have are for Def. army only. By design I guess.
The pirate boosts contained defense for attack army inventory boosts

Xenosaur

Saw this in beta, FWIW. Remember, in LIVE - things can stack (as shown). In beta however, stacking has been turned off for all the flasks shown here.

Flasks.JPG