• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Looks interesting what do you think?

PJS299

Any change to GBG is not awesome IMO. I know that some players farm it for battles, but it is also a way for newer players to get resources and battles/points. New buildings seem interesting, though.

Athanofthered

Any change to GBG is not awesome IMO. I know that some players farm it for battles, but it is also a way for newer players to get resources and battles/points. New buildings seem interesting, though.
True but it seems like the biggest change is just switching between defense and attack armies I honestly think thats a good idea gives players motivation to balance out both more stuff to do its refreshing.

PJS299

True but it seems like the biggest change is just switching between defense and attack armies I honestly think thats a good idea gives players motivation to balance out both more stuff to do its refreshing.
I guess Inno is practically throwing atk/def stats at us right now. Every event building has some sort of atk/def for def army… I don't like it, but I know it's coming.

Emberado

I don't care for the changes to GBG at all. Capping attrition prevention at 80% stinks. I have to assume it's a money thing ... want more hits, use diamonds to revive units to keep going ... or ... use diamonds to get the things you can no longer gain as well in GBG. In any case, check this ... I've spent quite a bit for diamonds over the past several years and absolutely hate this change. If there are a good many more diamond buyers who feel the same way ... what would be the likely end result of a large number of diamond buyers leaving the game??? Good move or bad move?

Angry.Blanket

The change to GbG is just a small change. It is no big deal. It will take some (small) effort to learn the best way to now play. I wonder if all the players who said they would quit over GE 5 are the same ones now complaining about GbG? ;)
I wonder if this is a big enough push for the ones that thought about quitting over GE 5, to go ahead and bail.
The new GbG hurt some players and it helped some players, that players that got punished for being active dont like it and the players that got rewarded for inactivity like it. It will all work out, The vast majority of FOE players are very casual/inactive F2P players and they are the ones Inno has to cater to.

honey55

I wonder if this is a big enough push for the ones that thought about quitting over GE 5, to go ahead and bail.
The new GbG hurt some players and it helped some players, that players that got punished for being active dont like it and the players that got rewarded for inactivity like it. It will all work out, The vast majority of FOE players are very casual/inactive F2P players and they are the ones Inno has to cater to.
The change now rewards those who built up red boosts. Now all the sudden attrition means something. Players are trying to increase their boosts so they could fight more. The old system rewarded those who were on all day fighting free sectors, many times leaving the others for those who couldnt be on all day. It was in most guilds i was in a greed fest where free sectors were done in a couple minutes. The competition was mainly between guild members to get free attrition, and occasionally between guilds. Having high boosts wasn't nearly as important as it is now. Now balanced cities are more important than just being able to be on all day to click away.

Angry.Blanket

The change now rewards those who built up red boosts. Now all the sudden attrition means something. Players are trying to increase their boosts so they could fight more. The old system rewarded those who were on all day fighting free sectors, many times leaving the others for those who couldnt be on all day. It was in most guilds i was in a greed fest where free sectors were done in a couple minutes. The competition was mainly between guild members to get free attrition, and occasionally between guilds. Having high boosts wasn't nearly as important as it is now. Now balanced cities are more important than just being able to be on all day to click away.

Why do the ones who were not on deserve any ? Shouldn't activity be the determining factor ? Will they make so those that dont want to be on will just give be given the fights with out showing up at all ? What is the reward for being active ?

Pericles the Lion

Why do the ones who were not on deserve any ? Shouldn't activity be the determining factor ? Will they make so those that dont want to be on will just give be given the fights with out showing up at all ? What is the reward for being active ?
Can you possibly be any more selfish? Maybe you are retired? Underemployed? "Borrowing" time from you employer? It really doesn't matter. There are a lot of players that cannot devote all of their waking time to this game. These players are just as deserving of entertainment as you are. As I am. I could not agree more with @honey55. In the "old" days of sector swapping (I call it farming, you call it fighting) it was a clickfest every four hours. If a player was not available when the swap started they missed out. Almost always, at the end of the day, there were some sectors available to burn attrition on. Most of which had no SC protection. These scraps were left to the guildies that had other commitments during the day. I don't know why I am preaching, you knew all of this already. You just don't seem to care about your guildmates getting a fair share of the battles. The "new" GBG is far more balanced when it comes to fighting. Sure, players like you (and me) won't be able to rack up 10K+ fights anymore. Instead, 5K-6K might be the new normal. However, my guildmates that have other obligations are happy that they can now participate more (and reap the benefits). I have my fingers crossed that the Guilds can't figure out a way to screw this up by coming up with a way to farm with attrition. Instead of farm every 4 hours this is fight all day with limitations. I prefer the latter.

Angry.Blanket

Can you possibly be any more selfish? Maybe you are retired? Underemployed? "Borrowing" time from you employer? It really doesn't matter. There are a lot of players that cannot devote all of their waking time to this game. These players are just as deserving of entertainment as you are. As I am. I could not agree more with @honey55. In the "old" days of sector swapping (I call it farming, you call it fighting) it was a clickfest every four hours. If a player was not available when the swap started they missed out. Almost always, at the end of the day, there were some sectors available to burn attrition on. Most of which had no SC protection. These scraps were left to the guildies that had other commitments during the day. I don't know why I am preaching, you knew all of this already. You just don't seem to care about your guildmates getting a fair share of the battles. The "new" GBG is far more balanced when it comes to fighting. Sure, players like you (and me) won't be able to rack up 10K+ fights anymore. Instead, 5K-6K might be the new normal. However, my guildmates that have other obligations are happy that they can now participate more (and reap the benefits). I have my fingers crossed that the Guilds can't figure out a way to screw this up by coming up with a way to farm with attrition. Instead of farm every 4 hours this is fight all day with limitations. I prefer the latter.
. What determines fair share now that it is not hard work and time ? This is not about fair share, it is the inactive players didnt want the active players to have so much, otherwise they would have found a way to give the inactive players more with out taking away from someone else.

Pericles the Lion

. What determines fair share now that it is not hard work and time ?
It's never been "hard work". Time consuming, yes. Hard, no.

To answer your question. Fair, to me, is every player getting as many battles as they want up to the limit of their attrition handling ability. In the new GBG, this is possible. In the old GBG, not.

Angry.Blanket

To answer your question. Fair, to me, is every player getting as many battles as they want up to the limit of their attrition handling ability. In the new GBG, this is possible. In the old GBG, not.
So its all about farming ? It was possible before if they were willing to put in the time. Why did it have to come at the expense of more active players? Why did it have to come at the expense of GvG?.

Sharmon the Impaler

If the main benefit to this is that now all the players can pretty much fight when ever they want then that is farming too just not organized. If they compete then the guild will still have to fight as a unit and not whenever they want. What is the real benefit to this ? It only takes away from those who support the game the most.

honey55

So its all about farming ? It was possible before if they were willing to put in the time. Why did it have to come at the expense of more active players? Why did it have to come at the expense of GvG?.
You seem to forget that the ones on all day are using goods that came from the ones that aren't on all day unless you are in a guild of only those who are on all day. Doesn't seem likely. I've left guilds before cause i couldn't get many fights not just cause i wasnt on all day but also because those do were didn't care about their guildmates enough to sit out a fight when others were on and give them a chance.

Angry.Blanket

You seem to forget that the ones on all day are using goods that came from the ones that aren't on all day unless you are in a guild of only those who are on all day. Doesn't seem likely. I've left guilds before cause i couldn't get many fights not just cause i wasnt on all day but also because those do were didn't care about their guildmates enough to sit out a fight when others were on and give them a chance.
Your arguments are fair enough when the discussion is about farming for rewards, but this update was supposed to stop that. There should be no more farming allowed. I hate farming and will sit out the seasons when we get weaker guilds and that is the only choice.
We try hard to make sure our members are active, And all the active players donate huge amounts of goods daily. The inconsiderate ones are the ones that cant take time to get on and help us win.

Angry.Blanket

Contrary to what some seem to believe it takes lots of sacrifices to reschedule things around GbG and GvG, We have had players fighting while on cruises, sitting on the pot, cooking supper.
LOL, Another negative thing about this new GbG format, I now have more time to be grumpy on here on the forums !!!

Pericles the Lion

. What determines fair share now that it is not hard work and time ? This is not about fair share, it is the inactive players didnt want the active players to have so much, otherwise they would have found a way to give the inactive players more with out taking away from someone else.

Let's play "connect the dots". You asked me what I considered "fair" and I answered you. Then, you deflect, again. We just need to agree to disagree. I like the changes and you don't. Let's leave it at that.

Pericles the Lion

Your arguments are fair enough when the discussion is about farming for rewards, but this update was supposed to stop that. There should be no more farming allowed. I hate farming and will sit out the seasons when we get weaker guilds and that is the only choice.
We try hard to make sure our members are active, And all the active players donate huge amounts of goods daily. The inconsiderate ones are the ones that cant take time to get on and help us win.
On all 5 worlds that I play, the update has stopped farming. It's FFA on all of the maps with anywhere from 3-5 guilds participating in fights. The timers are all out of sync so there's opportunity to hit sectors nearly every time I log on. The question now is will the big guilds figure out a way to have swaps again. I think that it may be possible on a small scale but nothing like it was before.

Angry.Blanket

Let's play "connect the dots". You asked me what I considered "fair" and I answered you. Then, you deflect, again. We just need to agree to disagree. I like the changes and you don't. Let's leave it at that.
So I was happy before, and you were unhappy, now you are happy and I'm unhappy , you gained and I lost and you don't care ? Which makes me selfish.?

I actually wasn't happy before, I don't like farming GbG and recommended removing the rewards from GbG completely, similar to GvG,, but the ones calling me greedy come unglued when you try to take away their free rewards.