• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Looks interesting what do you think?

Angry.Blanket

On all 5 worlds that I play, the update has stopped farming. It's FFA on all of the maps with anywhere from 3-5 guilds participating in fights. The timers are all out of sync so there's opportunity to hit sectors nearly every time I log on. The question now is will the big guilds figure out a way to have swaps again. I think that it may be possible on a small scale but nothing like it was before.
It hasn't stopped farming if players are only doing it for rewards, East Nagach and Carthage both had grids set up with in the first round.

Athanofthered

In the end it doesn't matter what we think Inno has made thier decision and the changes are here to stay it's thier game and they can do as they please the consequences (if thier are any) are thiers to deal with too it's time to adjust.

Pericles the Lion

So I was happy before, and you were unhappy, now you are happy and I'm unhappy , you gained and I lost and you don't care ? Which makes me selfish.?

I actually wasn't happy before, I don't like farming GbG and recommended removing the rewards from GbG completely, similar to GvG,, but the ones calling me greedy come unglued when you try to take away their free rewards.
You've got it all wrong. I was happy before and I am still happy. GBG, before, was boring but came with a crazy amount of rewards. GBG now, is much more fun but comes with fewer rewards. It's a fair trade off and I'm happy either way. Well, maybe a bit happier now than before. You were unhappy before and are still unhappy. Not my problem.

Pericles the Lion

It hasn't stopped farming if players are only doing it for rewards, East Nagach and Carthage both had grids set up with in the first round.
How do you know this? Your guild on C has two players and you joined it after the start of this season. Your guild on E-N, which you left just after the start of the season, is ranked #39 which makes it an unlikely prospect for checkerboarding the map on the opening day. Since you can't access the GBG map on either C or N, be honest, you really don't know if farming continues on those worlds, or not.

xivarmy

. What determines fair share now that it is not hard work and time ? This is not about fair share, it is the inactive players didnt want the active players to have so much, otherwise they would have found a way to give the inactive players more with out taking away from someone else.
Hard work and time should be worth something, but it should not be worth everything.

This is predominantly marketed as a strategy game. Grinding can be part of a strategy, but it should not be the sole focus of the dominant strategy.

5500 Fights a season from 100 attrition is still more than most people will do - and it's not even a hard limit, you can work up your city stats and increase that further. Maybe 9000 might be reasonable with "hard work" - building up your city for it. But it sets a reasonable soft limit so that it doesn't become everything. That you can focus on using your fights where it helps your guild best rather than just trying to run up the fight counter. That you can choose not to participate in GBG but still be say 80% as effective as someone who does everything you do but GBG too.

Also, how would this update have stopped farming in any way other than limiting attrition? The other changes offer mild incentives to win, but if people could now do twice as many free fights (due to higher fights per sector/lockout phase), farming would be even more lucrative than it was as well.

Ebeondi Asi

The players who fought all day are still getting more fights, just not as many more as they used to. Plus a great deal depends on the map situation. The players who can get on fewer hours who do want to fight are the big winners, getting all they can do each day. The players who did little are still doing little.