• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Macro bots

onlywhoknows

ivoryofthehills wasn't discussing cheating they were discussing bots. bots may be used to do cheating, but they can also be used for other things. it is truly a kind of stupid rule to not be allowed to talk about other players not following the rules - to say "contact support" just means inno does not want transparency on this very irritating and obvious issue since no follow up is ever shown to the rest of the player community. the issue is quite quite obvious that the big diamond guilds use bots. maybe inno does not want to upset and reprimand any of these players because it could be assumed many of the high point and billionaire players are also big RL money spenders. and similar to real life - big money spenders can be cheaters with no repercussions. sad.

Johnny B. Goode

ivoryofthehills wasn't discussing cheating they were discussing bots. bots may be used to do cheating, but they can also be used for other things.
No. In a game of this kind, use of bots at all is by very definition cheating. No matter how many people may do it or say it's all right. They're wrong.
it is truly a kind of stupid rule to not be allowed to talk about other players not following the rules - to say "contact support" just means inno does not want transparency on this very irritating and obvious issue since no follow up is ever shown to the rest of the player community.
The very real reason is so that players can't come here willy-nilly and blindly accuse other players of cheating without any proof. It still happens occasionally, but if it weren't for the rule it would happen all the time. And mostly because the accusing player just doesn't understand how to maximize certain aspects of the game, so when someone does better than them they assume it's because they're cheating.
maybe inno does not want to upset and reprimand any of these players because it could be assumed many of the high point and billionaire players are also big RL money spenders. and similar to real life - big money spenders can be cheaters with no repercussions. sad.
I wish I had a nickel for every time I've seen this thought thrown around on the Forum. :rolleyes:

Angel.

i get amazed at how fast some can do it. will just sit an watch but it called auto battle

If you get 40-50 players on at the right time, with all of them using Auto-battle and not needing to swap out troops, a guild could indeed take a tile in 10 seconds without any cheating of any kind going on.

Not every guild is capable of this, but some are. Perhaps that's why they are the top-ranked guilds?

Sharmon the Impaler

If you get 40-50 players on at the right time, with all of them using Auto-battle and not needing to swap out troops, a guild could indeed take a tile in 10 seconds without any cheating of any kind going on.

Not every guild is capable of this, but some are. Perhaps that's why they are the top-ranked guilds?
It doesn't work like that , there is a server buffer and network latency that come into play. The maximum speed I have seen 160 advances done in is 57 seconds and that was with 37 people on it.

Angel.

i have not checked the speed but can tell you them cats fast as lighting the ones i have watched
but not 10 seconds

jaymoney23456

No. In a game of this kind, use of bots at all is by very definition cheating. No matter how many people may do it or say it's all right. They're wrong.

The very real reason is so that players can't come here willy-nilly and blindly accuse other players of cheating without any proof. It still happens occasionally, but if it weren't for the rule it would happen all the time. And mostly because the accusing player just doesn't understand how to maximize certain aspects of the game, so when someone does better than them they assume it's because they're cheating.

I wish I had a nickel for every time I've seen this thought thrown around on the Forum. :rolleyes:
Players that like to use bots love to claim that they are just better at the game than other players, which is clearly nonsense most of the time.

Lormarc

Not sure I agree with "winners are aways cheaters". But sometimes they are. I don't have a ton of experience but when a guild can take a sector in a matter of a few seconds, something is afoot! It takes more than a few seconds to complete a battle and start the next. I Have been witness to other guilds taking a sector in a matter a few seconds, clearly something is going on. Too bad some guilds think it is okay to "cheat" to get ahead. And, why can't Inno detect when bots are used? I am a bit confused by that.

Not sure I agree with "winners are aways cheaters". But sometimes they are. I don't have a ton of experience but when a guild can take a sector in a matter of a few seconds, something is afoot! It takes more than a few seconds to complete a battle and start the next. I Have been witness to other guilds taking a sector in a matter a few seconds, clearly something is going on. Too bad some guilds think it is okay to "cheat" to get ahead. And, why can't Inno detect when bots are used? I am a bit confused by that.
What's your idea of a few seconds? I can easily do a fight in less than 2 seconds, and people with faster loading tabs will be able to do it even easier. Just need muscle memory of where the buttons are

Sharmon the Impaler

I can get over 2 fights per second once I get my rhythm going. A few seconds for a fight is slow.

Lormarc

LOL, I guess I am just slow. I know where my troops are and can select them quickly, but there seems to be a lag after clicking a unit. I have seen a guild take a sector within 5 seconds. The count of won battles just goes up extremely fast. I guess if you have all 80 members, all doing fights at the same time it is feasible.

Pericles the Lion

I wonder if some of these hyper-fast sector flips are the result of the attacking guild having a head start. If they hit it before it flipped the previous time half of their progress would remain. I've seen fast load times working from scratch but nothing close to 5 seconds.