• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Managing multiple cities/empires

OldAdam12

I like the fact that I can try out different tactics with different cities/empires but when I’m in one city is there doesn’t appear to be anything I can click on that identifies which city it is. Perhaps something could be placed, prominently, in the Town Hall?
It would make it a lot easier to figure out which city to switch to when jumping around - to avoid logging out and logging back in again to the same city.

It would also be nice if you could switch cities without having to logout first. Perhaps an option within Settings?

Woody*

I put the name of the world in my information tab, so I can mouse over (or click on mobile) my info to see where I'm at. You can also see the current world on PC by clicking switch world and your current world will be highlighted. On mobile, select settings and it the current world is displayed to the left of the "Select World" box.

DeletedUser

I like the fact that I can try out different tactics with different cities/empires but when I’m in one city is there doesn’t appear to be anything I can click on that identifies which city it is. Perhaps something could be placed, prominently, in the Town Hall?
It would make it a lot easier to figure out which city to switch to when jumping around - to avoid logging out and logging back in again to the same city.

It would also be nice if you could switch cities without having to logout first. Perhaps an option within Settings?
I give each city a name that starts with the same letter as the world it's on. On Xyr my city's name is Xanadu. for example. And there is an option within settings on both PC and mobile to switch worlds without logging out. And when you go to settings to do that, it indicates what world you're currently on. On mobile it states it flat out, and on PC your current world shows as green.

Given that this information is already readily available, it seems this proposal serves no real purpose, so I'm going to move it to Forge Hall for now.

OldAdam12

... And there is an option within settings on both PC and mobile to switch worlds without logging out. And when you go to settings to do that, it indicates what world you're currently on. On mobile it states it flat out, ...

Given that this information is already readily available, it seems this proposal serves no real purpose, so I'm going to move it to Forge Hall for now.
In my version of FoE,I see the following:
FoE.png
Nothing indicates the name of the city/empire/world.
Nothing seems to provide a means of switching city/empire/world without logging out first.

The only option I've found for determining the name of the city/empire/world is to modify the Town Hall > Profile > profile message - it works, but it's far from convenient IMO.

DeletedUser

In my version of FoE,I see the following:
View attachment 15033
Nothing indicates the name of the city/empire/world.
Nothing seems to provide a means of switching city/empire/world without logging out first.

The only option I've found for determining the name of the city/empire/world is to modify the Town Hall > Profile > profile message - it works, but it's far from convenient IMO.
Are your multiple cities on the same account/email? If you have them under different usernames/accounts/emails, then they won't show up because you actually have to switch accounts to move from world to world. And it makes perfect sense that you have to log out to switch accounts. And if it is the case that you are using different accounts for different worlds, then your only option is to name your cities or modify your profile message in such a way as to identify them to you. (And you only have to do this once, so it's not like it's a big deal.) (Also, if you do have multiple accounts/usernames you should make very sure you aren't using more than one of them in the same world as that is blatantly against game rules.)

Edit: I just noticed that you have the option under the "Player Settings" tab to disconnect the account from Apple GameCenter. That may be what's keeping your other worlds from showing up in settings. I don't use Apple products, so I'm not sure how that may affect what you see. (And I'm not going to go out and get an Apple device to check it.)

Jern2017

Are you running the latest version of the game?

This is how it looks like on my Android device:

Attachments

• IMG_20191230_162145_356.jpg
    IMG_20191230_162145_356.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 13

OldAdam12

Version is 1.167.2
all cities are tied to Apple’s GameCenter
I am worried that disconnecting from Game Center might have adverse effects - anyone done that after playing for a while?

Jern2017

You definitely want to create a username within the game and connect it to your e-mail address.

OldAdam12

As far as I can tell, if I disconnect the account and try to login, I don't see my existing cities - perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but it seems to me that if this all works with non-apple-gamecenter accounts it should also be possible to make it work with apple-gamecenter accounts - i.e. I view this as a bug / mis-feature.