• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Market offers sent to multiple player

Let’s say I send the same market offer to five different players, when the first person accepts the offer, does the offer disappears from the other four?

Both replies were informative and appreciated. So the best thing to do if i want some particular is post it on the open market. I guess I could offer other things for the particular stuff I need but it would be up to me to withdraw the duplicate offers that offer when some accepts what I need. Got it - Thank you all

RazorbackPirate

Both replies were informative and appreciated. So the best thing to do if i want some particular is post it on the open market. I guess I could offer other things for the particular stuff I need but it would be up to me to withdraw the duplicate offers that offer when some accepts what I need. Got it - Thank you all
Actually, no. My strategy is to trade early and often. Since you need all 5 goods from each age for the following 3 ages, and negotiating in any age requires all 5 goods from your current age and the previous age, you should always have trades in the market to balance the number of good across all 5 in each age. You should also have a constant flow of goods from your age flowing down to the previous ages.

Doing this, I never wait for goods, I always have more than enough for any tasks that require them. When I trade between ages, I trade all 5 goods for all 5 goods. Meaning Cloth for Marble, Cloth for Lumber, Cloth for Dye, Cloth for Stone and Cloth for Wine. At the same time, I also offer Ebony, Jewelry, Iron and Limestone for each of those goods. This opens my trades to the highest number of players, having trades that appeal to buyers with every combination of boosts and needs.

If all you ever have to offer is cloth, for whatever, your trade is only attractive to the very few players who need cloth at that moment. Knowing most players are horrible at producing goods which translates to having very few to trade at any given moment, I also keep the lot sizes low. While it may seem like you're doing them a favor trading 100 of this for 200 of that, saving them FPs, the reality is, most players don't need or want 100 of this, nor do they have 200 of that to trade in return.

In addition, I'm always the seller, never the buyer, unless it's inside the guild. Selling is free, buying costs FPs. In 2+ years of playing, I've probably spent 5 FPs total taking trades outside my guild. I always have trades in the market, which leaves me wanting and waiting for nothing. I never wait for goods, my goods wait for me.

Last edited:

DevaCat

Excellent advice above. I would add that if you are not in a guild, find one and join. Post your goods trades in its trade thread and the entire guild will see it, and any decent guild will pick them up quickly. Think minutes, not days, for your urgent needs and it's all with no FP costs.