• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Market Trades

Bob of Anchorage

This is a total newbie question. In the market tab when I look to trade for goods I need, I see a player named stonebrains who only posts 1:1 trades for a single era, and posts tons of them, and they all offset each other. For example, he offers 50 ebony for 50 jewelry, and at the same time offers 50 jewelry for 50 ebony. Then there a whole bunch that are 1 item for 1 item 1. For example, 1 lumber for 1 marble, and then again 1 lumber for 1 marble; 1 lumber for 1 dye (3 times); 1 lumber for 1 stone (3 times), etc. What is the point of all these 1 item trades? And they've been out there a long time, because why would you ever want to spend a forge point for just 1 item? So what is up with this kind of trading?

Bob of Anchorage

Circle trades. He's probably trying to make trades for a quest requirement and circle trades cost the buyer and seller nothing.
Then why are the trades out there for so long? At least a week so far. If this is a quest, why are there 30 of these trades? Why are some for 50 and 100 items, but most are for trading 1 item? Why doesn't everybody do this?

Johnny B. Goode

Then why are the trades out there for so long? At least a week so far. If this is a quest, why are there 30 of these trades? Why are some for 50 and 100 items, but most are for trading 1 item? Why doesn't everybody do this?
The most likely answer is that he might be a guild leader who is putting them there for his guild members. This might be for the event, but it might be an ongoing thing he does so guild members can fulfill DC tasks/RQs/Story quests/etc. It's actually a great idea...except if you happen to be his neighbor/friend and don't like your market being spammed like that. Very nice for his guild members, though.

Ebeondi Asi

Players are free to make all the trades they want. Trades made last seven days if not taken or cancelled by the owner.
That player may also not be aware of the poor quality of their trades? They may be new?

Last edited:

Emberguard

The most likely answer is that he might be a guild leader who is putting them there for his guild members. This might be for the event, but it might be an ongoing thing he does so guild members can fulfill DC tasks/RQs/Story quests/etc. It's actually a great idea...except if you happen to be his neighbor/friend and don't like your market being spammed like that. Very nice for his guild members, though.

Yeah, my Guild does it too. The idea is it just sits there until needed, so you don't have to wait for someone to take your trade. You just take what's there when you get "collect X goods"

But they also usually mark it as "Guild only"

Bob of Anchorage

Thanks. This seems rational to me.

Dominator - X

It's probably the all goods from past eras quest and the player may not have a guild to plow through the 50 or so 1 good trades. Why don't you just let the guy play his game and you play yours ?
How does what I posted affect how anyone plays the game? Any trades on the free market not slated for Guild Only are free for anyone to take, for whatever reason. Since you missed it, my response was meant in jest, since the trades seemed to irritate the OP.

Are you opposed to sniping too?

Dominator - X

Because in the former it is just to be spiteful and the later is a game feature that is only possible by the other player getting sloppy
If the player who set up the trades was not sloppy, he would have set them for Guild Only. As such, they would only be available to fellow guild members and no one else, mainly neighbors, could access them nor take only the part of the trade they need.

Why don't you just let the guy play his game and you play yours and quit sniping?

Johnny B. Goode

If the player who set up the trades was not sloppy, he would have set them for Guild Only. As such, they would only be available to fellow guild members and no one else, mainly neighbors, could access them nor take only the part of the trade they need.

Why don't you just let the guy play his game and you play yours and quit sniping?
If he wasn't sloppy and purposely spammed everyone's market, then it's our moral duty to teach him a lesson. Sloppy or spammer, I believe I'm going to start checking my markets for such people so I can teach them a lesson. :)

Orius Maximus

That's a possibility too.

Players are free to make all the trades they want. Trades made last seven days if not taken or cancelled by the owner.
That player may also not be aware of the poor quality of their trades? They may be new?

Or they might just be a jerk. There are a few of those running around. ;)

If they're all 1:1 same age, that's not entirely poor quality, that's a fair rate. However, many 1 of each is a waste of time, unless your guild members take it; I wouldn't waste FP on such tiny quantities myself.

Probably not a jerk, the jerks spam with trades that are bad for the buyer, and I've attacked neighbors for wasting my time like that.

I usually trade for large amounts of stuff in case guild members need them, particularly newer members who need the goods for research. It doesn't matter to me in the end who takes it. It does irk me if people spam the market with trades imbalanced in their favor though. I will look for trades that are favorable to me though, some people from the top guilds will often offer something like Venus or Jupiter goods for much lower ages, and I'm assuming they're looking for stuff for their guild treasuries. I did explicitly get some SAJM-CE trades the other day from a player who was looking for treasury goods. These types of trades are worth looking for if you have extra FP to spare. You never know who might be looking for alabaster or something.

Johnny B. Goode

Probably not a jerk, the jerks spam with trades that are bad for the buyer, and I've attacked neighbors for wasting my time like that.
To my mind, anyone who spams the open market with pages of trades is a jerk, even if they're "fair*" trades.

*"Fair" is in the eye of the beholder, as anyone who's a longtime Forum reader will attest.

Sharmon the Impaler

To my mind, anyone who spams the open market with pages of trades is a jerk, even if they're "fair*" trades.

*"Fair" is in the eye of the beholder, as anyone who's a longtime Forum reader will attest.
You make hundreds of small trades and your partner does the same and thats 1 more RQ besides the 2 FP RQs and the 2 supplies and 2 fighting ones that you can now beat the crap out of in the RQs for a mountain of stuff with the right CF. You would be able to rack up more RQs faster because you have 1 more that you can do instantly and only limited by the amount of trades that your partenr set up for you.