• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Most efficient solution to finish productions from current age event quest?

So every event has at least one quest from the type:
  • Finish X productions in production buildings from your age
I have a problem with this quest. First, the supplies buildings from my age all require 2 lane roads, second they are hefty in size (4x5 tiles). Is there a special way of going around this quest? Ideal solution would be special supplies building preferably (6 or 8 tile size) that could also be accelerated by finish all production rush. Do such building exist in foe?

Ebeondi Asi

Nope just have to do it. I will delete my Barracks (which needs a two lane) temporarily to build the suppy making building. do the job, (often using supply timer boosts)
I guess the idea is if you are in the ages needing two lane that you can do the heavier lifting needed.

Dursland

Ideal solution would be special supplies building preferably (6 or 8 tile size) that could also be accelerated by finish all production rush. Do such building exist in foe?
Santa's Workshop and a couple other things might qualify since you can finish them with a Finish All Supply production but most produce fps or special goods (like sleighbuilders).

I wouldn't waste event currency going after santa's workshop or anything like that, just load up on a few sleighbuilders or sunken treasures and keep them in your era. You'll have to wait on the productions since you can't finish them with an item but it's better than clearing a quarter of your city for supply buildings.

Xenosaur

Sleigh Builders - 3x2 (6 squares) are magic and work fine (no, great).

If you don't keep them out for generating daily goods (most people have 2 or 3 out for daily incremental current age goods...) get a few and use them to generate "current age" goods for quests AND events. Tiny footprint and only needs a single road, or even "trail" :)

Inno typically doesn't ask you to generate current age good for any more time than at MOST, 1 hour , but typically only 5 minute or even 15 minute production runs.

xivarmy

If the only reason you're interested in supply buildings is for event quests and you want to be able to use rushes, Lv1 Cider Mill is a favorite for some - bit bigger than a blacksmith, but all supply productions so rushable, and can be used for current age productions as well. If you're worried about space limiting yourself to 6 is generally good enough - you can augment with temporary blacksmiths for lots-of-long productions, and do 4 sets of 5 minutes for "current age productions".

Sleigh Builder is what I preferred for a long time (and is thus still in many of my "main" cities. The advantage here is the 24 hr production can be deemed useful (15 goods) outside of event time. Sunken Treasure is another option (1 FP every 24 hrs or 5 goods every 8 hours). Magnum Opus is often considered the theoretical best of the size-6 event buildings (1 FP every 8 hours) for outside-event production - if you want to do 8 hour productions - its 24 hr is only a crappy pile of medals. The disadvantage of these 3 vs Lv1 Cider Mill is for many production cycles they cannot be rushed (only coin or supply cycles can use rush items).

The "problem" with using event buildings for those quests is that you need to keep them your current age. Which means a steady supply of reno kits is needed, or replacement versions from a selection kit. This is also part of why I recommended "only" 6 if you only want them for events. It's enough to not be annoying for those quests, but not so many to be annoying to keep stocked on reno kits.

Mor-Rioghain

The "problem" with using event buildings for those quests is that you need to keep them your current age. Which means a steady supply of reno kits is needed, or replacement versions from a selection kit. This is also part of why I recommended "only" 6 if you only want them for events. It's enough to not be annoying for those quests, but not so many to be annoying to keep stocked on reno kits.
6 is a good suggestion as so often the event quests require 11 or 22 productions and unless you get stuck with the 24-hour ones, you can complete this relatively pain-free in 1 or 2 stages.

MKPapa

You can temporarily free some space by using the Store Building Kit - put couple event buildings to inventory, and build couple production buildings in advance.

Ironrooster

I generally use cider mills lvl 1 since all times produce supplies and can be rushed. Note: do not upgrade this building, the upgrades increase the building size and not all times produce supplies

I also have some sleigh builders which can be used, but not all times produce supplies so usually cannot be rushed. But for the shorter times these quests usually require, it's really handy.

xivarmy

I use six Witch Doctors in my cities, and keep them at current age. I hardly see anybody else use Witch Doctors.
Unless it's changed you cannot rush the witchdoctor because of its strange behavior where it makes coins as well when motivated.

Mighty Quim

Unless it's changed you cannot rush the witchdoctor because of its strange behavior where it makes coins as well when motivated.
True, you can't rush it because it is special production, not regular production. But it can do the 5 min or 15 min (or whatever) as current age productions. And it's only 3X2.

Last edited:

ffblackice

I used fan shop (2X3) and up to current age for while. According above discussion, looks like cider mills lvl 1(also 2X3) may be a better option. An other option might be, Beach Bar (3X2), I will need to try it and confirm whether Beach Bar is rushable.

Karen Isaacsdottir

So every event has at least one quest from the type:
  • Finish X productions in production buildings from your age
I have a problem with this quest. First, the supplies buildings from my age all require 2 lane roads, second they are hefty in size (4x5 tiles). Is there a special way of going around this quest? Ideal solution would be special supplies building preferably (6 or 8 tile size) that could also be accelerated by finish all production rush. Do such building exist in foe?
Your supplies buildings are not production buildings. Production buildings make supplies; do a bunch of 5 minute productions and you're good.