• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

most expensive item in auction

Falconwing

I've seen the 100 fp's sell for over 100k several times with a 130k being the most. I managed to get one for 30k, and one for an amazing 6k. Saw the new SoK upgrade break 100k once as well.

Nicholas002

Woah, I just saw an Atlantis Museum in the auction. if I would have been on time, I would have snapped that thing up!2020-07-28 02_36_00-Forge of Empires.png

I know its not, lol. just a joke

-Chen-

Since I'm still fairly new, I always try and work under the assumption that there is something other people know that I don't whenever I see things I just don't get, but the over the top attraction to some of these things still confuses me.

The SoK seems ok, I have six myself, mainly cuz they always seem to be handing them out at at events and challenges, but they're only 1 FP a day, and although small, still need a road. I actually sold the last two I got from this current event, cuz I just didn't think they were worth shifting stuff around for, yet people go nuts for them. Some people go nuts for the WW's, I had one for a month and got rid of it, and any I win go straight to the AD.

Speaking of which, I also can't understand why some things that seem like complete dogs sell to the AD for twice what something like a Crows Nest upgrade (didn't need it) or other seemingly much better items get in return.

Graviton

WWs spit out occasional diamonds, you might want to re-think selling those. SoKs have lost some luster due to some of the more recent Event buildings but AFAIK they are still at or near the top of the FP-per-square measuring stick. Somebody who likes math and/or has crunched those numbers could elaborate.

Falconwing

The SoK seems ok, I have six myself, mainly cuz they always seem to be handing them out at at events and challenges, but they're only 1 FP a day, and although small, still need a road. I actually sold the last two I got from this current event, cuz I just didn't think they were worth shifting stuff around for, yet people go nuts for them. Some people go nuts for the WW's, I had one for a month and got rid of it, and any I win go straight to the AD.
Every prize building is good until you have better.

WW's are very good as a starting player and they don't need to be motivated, but I've been phasing mine out. They rarely make anything other than coins, supplies, goods and medals. Every now and then, fp's pop up, and every blue moon some diamonds might (or might not) pop up. They don't hit anywhere near enough for me to justify the space, not even the little ones. I make a ton of fp's and between finishing GE4 every week and my GbG prizes, I make more diamonds than I spend, and I spend a lot speeding up scamps. They also stop making same age goods when you hit Modern as well, which I just hit, so mine only make a couple of fp's 10% chance, and diamonds 1.25% chance. I prefer a more steady and constant bonus.

SoK's were once highly valued. Best fp per space ratio out there at one time. Now, not so much, especially with the fp production of the more recent prize buildings. But, they are still good until you get better.

Farfle the smelly

I’ve never received diamonds from my WWs (that said it’s only been a month), and if you don’t also have a shrink kit I can certainly see someone selling these, especially if they don’t know that diamond farming exists. The only reason I still have my winners circles is because I’m a low player that really needs the att bonus from it while I get my gbs up to snuff. I’ll probably AD them eventually also.

Good to know SoKs sell well. I got a handful of them that will need to be moved out once I put more GBs down. Space is really tight in my city right now.

Nicholas002

Some people go nuts for the WW's, I had one for a month and got rid of it, and any I win go straight to the AD.
some people have wishing well farms, and the only building they are interested in is wishing wells.
for some people, if you offered a wishing well, and a level 80 arc for the same price, they would get the wishing well, because it gives more diamonds.

Just An Observer

Going the other way, since my city needed the kind of action that Black Towers and Kiosks provide, they were found at reasonable and even dirt cheap prices since they are not popular.

Lancer

SoK's were once highly valued. Best fp per space ratio out there at one time. Now, not so much, especially with the fp production of the more recent prize buildings. But, they are still good until you get better.

I was going to say the same thing. Just two years ago I'd say is whenever they slowly started to go down in popular value. Right afterwards though, it seemed to take even more of a drastic depreciation all of a sudden. I still have a boat load in my two worlds, but in times where something better needs placing and I don't have any available space or store building items, SoKs have become the first thing that gets tossed in those scenarios.

Pickleweasel

I would like to know if anyone has seen these Crow's Nest kits for direct sale yet (the fixed price items), and if so for how much. I got one for about a 27k bid I think it was, on the first couple of days after it was added to the AD, but I need two more to finish. I have seen most of the other newly added things in the fixed price offerings already, but not this one.

Nicholas002

I would like to know if anyone has seen these Crow's Nest kits for direct sale yet (the fixed price items), and if so for how much. I got one for about a 27k bid I think it was, on the first couple of days after it was added to the AD, but I need two more to finish. I have seen most of the other newly added things in the fixed price offerings already, but not this one.
One of my guild-mates has.
lol what even are the chances of a 20 FP/Diamond farm building coming out of the shelves even in the future?
100%

Plunder Queen

200,000 easy for an art exhibition. Finally got all my upgrades done last month, happy for that. Colossus seems to be a pain as well.