• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] MsLead’s Beginner's Guide to Sniping Great Buildings

DeletedUser35894

It's not an estimate at all. The math is exact. Go back and look at my last post. YOU have to use the correct numbers and do the calculations correctly. Everything you've just said here is incorrect.

I’m not quite that dim-witted. If you follow what I said I was making reference to the OP attempting to figure out what would get you second place if first isn’t locked. That is unknowable.

I even said if a spot is locked and attempt to determine the next available slot you can lock that your method would be exact.

All we can determine is the “next first spot”....any spot after a locked spot can be determined. This is in essence the first spot that’s left.

What we can’t ever know for sure is a spot a step away from something not locked. It’s impossible and the OP referenced that it would be an estimate. I responded saying there are too many variables to where that would ever be useful. It was way off in the example I gave and would only be close under certain conditions.

I appreciate the help, but nothing I said was incorrect.

I initially thought there was more to it, blundered my first look at it on very little sleep, so now the assumptions about my intelligence are clouding the replies. I was speaking to the thread as a whole and said you were correct. Even said the way you explained it was much clearer.

RazorbackPirate

I’m not quite that dim-witted. If you follow what I said I was making reference to the OP attempting to figure out what would get you second place if first isn’t locked. That is unknowable.

I even said if a spot is locked and attempt to determine the next available slot you can lock that your method would be exact.

All we can determine is the “next first spot”....any spot after a locked spot can be determined. This is in essence the first spot that’s left.

What we can’t ever know for sure is a spot a step away from something not locked. It’s impossible and the OP referenced that it would be an estimate. I responded saying there are too many variables to where that would ever be useful. It was way off in the example I gave and would only be close under certain conditions.

I appreciate the help, but nothing I said was incorrect.

I initially thought there was more to it, blundered my first look at it on very little sleep, so now the assumptions about my intelligence are clouding the replies. I was speaking to the thread as a whole and said you were correct. Even said the way you explained it was much clearer.

Thanks for clarifying. Yes, trying to determine the amount of FPs required to lock a position when the positions above it have not yet been locked is barely an educated guess. I don't recommend gambling FPs trying to guess the future donations. Only snipe when you can lock.

My saying is. "Lock it, or Lose it." If you don't do the first, you can't complain about the second.

DeletedUser35894

Thanks for clarifying. Yes, trying to determine the amount of FPs required to lock a position when the positions above it have not yet been locked is barely an educated guess. I don't recommend gambling FPs trying to guess the future donations. Only snipe when you can lock.

My saying is. "Lock it, or Lose it." If you don't do the first, you can't complain about the second.

Thank you. I think it was just a misunderstanding. I was agreeing.

DeletedUser35884

Seems like my original post generated some comment. I apologise if I haven't been clear, but the formula is correct (Thanks, RazorbackPirate for explaining how to use them further). I did mention that you need to substitute the values for the snipee you intend to knock out, but perhaps I should have given an example to avoid the confusion.

There actually is a formula to snipe for 3rd or 4th place if 1st and 2nd haven't been locked in (by changing the denominator of the division), but I do not recommend it at all. It usually comes up to a loss, which is something I would never recommend.

The only time I tried to lock in 5th place when 3rd and 4th wasn't locked in was when the Blue Galaxy first came out and I only needed that one more BP to construct mine. I was therefore sniping for BPs and not FPs. Nevertheless, I will work out a formula and update.

(And yes, Arcs above lvl 80 do give greater contribution bonus than a lvl 80 Arc. Lol. I was making the assumption that most players generally stop at lvl 80.)

Snarko

(And yes, Arcs above lvl 80 do give greater contribution bonus than a lvl 80 Arc. Lol. I was making the assumption that most players generally stop at lvl 80.)
Actually it's quite profitable to level it beyond lvl 80. You get one more fp for every 1000 fp you get in rewards (on average). That may not sound like much but it is. With a lvl 80+ Arc and a good Arc group you can easily rotate more than 1000 fp per day, making it very competitive with the FP producing GBs.

DeletedUser27889

That's a nice concise little guide that should help people. I've been doing it since before I even had an arc but for some reason whenever I try to teach the math to someone I turn it into a book trying to explain something that is so simple after a few goes at it.
Even worse, you get deleted as a friend or your neighbour was moved out of the neighbourhood, so you can no longer add to his GB to level it up yourself (in order to minimise FP loss). Hence, whatever FPs you used for lock-in becomes dead to you,
While I like your guide this ^ is just completely incorrect as @Titris Thrawns pointed out. While it's one thing for a guide to have a debate after it or certain things be a matter of opinion, this however is an incorrect absolute fact of the game mechanics. In order for this to work as a guide it needs to be accurate or else it would only lead to confusing new players further. Please edit.

In case you weren't aware yourself though any GB level you donated to you can still donate to until the GB levels. This is only not possible if: A) The person deletes their account/city B) The person deletes the GB C) The person disconnects the GB from the town hall.

All you need to do is go to your town hall and click here: (Current Contributions to Great Buildings)
Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 3.14.12 AM.png

Then you may continue contributing to the GB from here:

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 3.15.17 AM.png

DeletedUser35884

That's a nice concise little guide that should help people. I've been doing it since before I even had an arc but for some reason whenever I try to teach the math to someone I turn it into a book trying to explain something that is so simple after a few goes at it.
While I like your guide this ^ is just completely incorrect as @Titris Thrawns pointed out. While it's one thing for a guide to have a debate after it or certain things be a matter of opinion, this however is an incorrect absolute fact of the game mechanics. In order for this to work as a guide it needs to be accurate or else it would only lead to confusing new players further. Please edit.

In case you weren't aware yourself though any GB level you donated to you can still donate to until the GB levels. This is only not possible if: A) The person deletes their account/city B) The person deletes the GB C) The person disconnects the GB from the town hall.

Thank you for that. Yes, I know. I simply haven't proofread this in ages. As I mentioned before, this was a guide I wrote a long time ago, written for my first guild. I suppose I should have made the edit earlier, but this is my third post or something (the first one being the guide itself) which is aboooout how active I am on the forum. Lol. My apologies if I have caused any confusion. Sorrryyy!

And yeah, I have been sniping before I even had an Arc too... I thought most people did at first, but apparently not.

Last edited by a moderator: