• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Mughal - Charbagh advancement - diplomacy

hajiboy

This settlement is quite unsettling. I got to the Charbagh advancement and need 1050 diplomacy to unlock, but can't because I can't squeeze in enough buildings to get that much diplomacy. Has anyone gotten that far and if so, how did you get 1050 diplomacy?

RazorbackPirate

This settlement is quite unsettling. I got to the Charbagh advancement and need 1050 diplomacy to unlock, but can't because I can't squeeze in enough buildings to get that much diplomacy. Has anyone gotten that far and if so, how did you get 1050 diplomacy?
Maybe unlock some more expansions?

hajiboy

I managed to find a way and got it to 1052 diplomacy. Yeah, I was dreading building up the Lotus Flower Farms all over again and having to acquire another 23 lotuses to get another expansion. I bought expansions up to the one that costs 15 flower farms. This settlement is extremely tight and one has to be willing to trash everything all the time to get to the next advancement. Quite unenjoyable.

Joeyjojojo

Agree on the unenjoyable, but if you plan your expansions around the chains then 1052 isn't hard. I did it without deleting any of my baldachins and used 4&4 canal (on each side) and 4x alley all chained, plus 2 stranded alleys to hit the magic #.

AnnieEliza

Agree on the unenjoyable, but if you plan your expansions around the chains then 1052 isn't hard. I did it without deleting any of my baldachins and used 4&4 canal (on each side) and 4x alley all chained, plus 2 stranded alleys to hit the magic #.
If you were able to get the chains to work you were playing a different version than the one I have been playing. I play on a PC and the chains have never worked. I am in the process of completing it, with time to spare, however. You have to be willing to destroy and rebuild the entire city multiple times to accomplish it, Invest in expansions. Those are a necessity when the chains don't work. The first time I tried I barely finish within the maximum time allowed. If you want an easy to play settlement, forget it. If you enjoy a challenge, you might find it fun.

majormajormac

I am just getting to the end of my first settlement. I slide the Embassy to one side and only add Canals on one side. If you use both sides, you get two 10's. two 20's, and then 30's. If only one side you only have one 10 and 20 and the rest 30's. Then run the expansions out from the front to add more Alleys.

jreilly1

It takes time and patience. I'm on my second city and you need to collect goods and buy empty spaces with them. Place diplomacy buildings. Also did you put allies and/of water canals at entrance to embassy. That will add to diplomacy of the embassy

UBERhelp1

If you were able to get the chains to work you were playing a different version than the one I have been playing. I play on a PC and the chains have never worked. I am in the process of completing it, with time to spare, however. You have to be willing to destroy and rebuild the entire city multiple times to accomplish it, Invest in expansions. Those are a necessity when the chains don't work. The first time I tried I barely finish within the maximum time allowed. If you want an easy to play settlement, forget it. If you enjoy a challenge, you might find it fun.
What do you mean the chains don't work? When you select one of the chain buildings from the build menu, you should see white or red boxes next to the embassy where you can place them. They connect to the front and the side of the embassy.

Darkest.Knight

I've been thru the settlement 3 times now, spent 50 diamonds on first two passes and none on the 3rd; ended with 2, 6 and 3 days remaining, respectively. Found most important factor for making it easier is to expand your town as much as possible, using goods as efficiently as possible to make expansions is important. I've found only buildings that increase goods from the townhall are necessary to link, having enough diplomacy once your town is expanded is easy enough; watching the goods rotation in the townhall helps.