• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Neighborhood Pairing

DeletedUser25960

So please, help me figure out how this all works. Up until Sunday, I was always put in neighborhoods that I could hold my own against attackers. Some higher score than me, some lower score than me. Either way, it was evenly competitive. NOW, it seems like some genius decided that it was fair to have me in a neighborhood of 84 and everyone but 6 of them have 3+ million score o_O. I'm barely scratching the surface of HMA and I'm expected to protect myself from Snipers, Tanks and all these overpowered units from the Future Era with a LongBow Archer and a Great Sword Warrior.....

How is this fair? Are the 6 of us just bottom feeders for the higher scores to just pounce on daily? Oh and better yet, they plunder everything as if they desperately need the 5 pieces of Brick and Rope I produce. I'm surprised they can't plunder GB's and get the FP's because why the hell not! It almost becomes pointless to play like this.

Anyways, thank you for taking the time to read my post. If at all chance, I would love a logical explanation. In the meantime, please excuse me while I replenish another round of goods, like a good peasant, for my neighborhood to indulge in. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25273

The Logical explanation is that at times the neighborhood algorithm just flips it lid and goes funky. Likely some other factor, like maybe don't shuffle neighborhoods that are fine, seems to totally override the 'similar' requirement for neighborhoods.

Best solution is to hunker down and try to collect on time, and take the opportunity to aid them/invest in GBs and earn BPs for high age buildings. Hopefully on the next swap, you will move out.

Algona

nomad richi nailed it. This has been the most complained about 'feature' of this game since startup. INNO has shown no sign of attempting to fix it.

See jaelis most excellent stickied thread about plundering at the top of this forum for additional details.

Mustapha00

Agreed.

Not much that you can do, save for Mo/Po everyone and hope they'll take some pity on you. At some point, the 'hoods will be mixed up again and, with a bit of luck, you'll end up in one which has a more reasonable spread.

DeletedUser20367

Yup, hunker down, ride out the storm, chase BPs & don't forget to watch the trade market. You might be able to snipe some nice unbalanced trades if someone is doing FP for goods swaps.

Support cannot (read 'chose not to') fix an obvious mistake with the merging algorithm. Inno chooses not to do anything about the merging algorithm. A randomizing selection with a 3 Age spread wouldn't be THAT hard to do. New worlds are of course an exception since there will be months where there are only a few high Age people so they will have to be put in hoods with lower Ages.

jkl51

I have a different problem, but one that just popped up this morning. Until today there were two people in the Modern Era in our neighborhood where everybody else was in the High Middle or Late Middle Ages. I entered the Colonial Era last week, so even though they were way ahead of me, I knew I'd be able to trade Colonial Era goods with them if I needed to. Well now, they're gone, and nobody else in my neighborhood is higher than the Late Middle Ages except for me, so how do I get the Colonial Era goods I need besides through my Lighthouse? I'm nowhere near the top of my neighborhood in points, so it surprised me that nobody else is in the Colonial Era. When is the next neighborhood realignment?

DeletedUser8152

I have a different problem, but one that just popped up this morning. Until today there were two people in the Modern Era in our neighborhood where everybody else was in the High Middle or Late Middle Ages. I entered the Colonial Era last week, so even though they were way ahead of me, I knew I'd be able to trade Colonial Era goods with them if I needed to. Well now, they're gone, and nobody else in my neighborhood is higher than the Late Middle Ages except for me, so how do I get the Colonial Era goods I need besides through my Lighthouse? I'm nowhere near the top of my neighborhood in points, so it surprised me that nobody else is in the Colonial Era. When is the next neighborhood realignment?
You can trade with people in your guild and your friends list, there is no need to rely on your neighbors.

jkl51

You can trade with people in your guild and your friends list, there is no need to rely on your neighbors.

I know that there are more than just neighbors there, but there's nobody in the market with the goods I need, so I'm going to have to wait to see how it goes from here until the next realignment.

DeletedUser8152

I know that there are more than just neighbors there, but there's nobody in the market with the goods I need, so I'm going to have to wait to see how it goes from here until the next realignment.
Post a note on global chat saying what you need. It's likely you can find someone to take a fair trade, but if not you can offer a slightly advantageous rate. When you find someone willing to trade, send them a friend request.

DeletedUser25273

If your guild has members of your age or higher, you may want to post trades yourself for the goods you want. You may also want to ask on your guild's message boards about it. If you have confirmed that no one in your guild/friends have the goods, as Jaelis said, advertise on global chat and make a friend who can help (you may have a good they need too)

DeletedUser24940

go to the global ranking and start messaging players in the ages you want to trade with and become friends with im only in HMA in all of my worlds but i do fp for FE goods and doubling them down to my age isnt that easy but you will be surprised on how many people are in the same boat as you espesily in worlds that dont have alot of higher aged players