• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New changes to gbg at beta forum.

As a leader and GBG leader of a small guild I think we should stop thinking of the past. Since FoE has decided to make what they call needed changes that costs and rewards should now be scaled for leagues to give newer and smaller guilds the opportunity to learn how to navigate GBG much the same way that players learn to navigate GE. Let's make this a true Marathon which requires baby steps, if you will.
The changes will need to be navigated by current, larger diamond guilds as well so why make it easier for newer or smaller guilds in other leagues. There are going to be 3 levels of each new building so the lower leagues can opt to buy the level 1 building instead of level 2 or 3.

Amitola1

The changes will need to be navigated by current, larger diamond guilds as well so why make it easier for newer or smaller guilds in other leagues. There are going to be 3 levels of each new building so the lower leagues can opt to buy the level 1 building instead of level 2 or 3.
Now that it has gone live I can see what you're saying. Overall from a strategic point of view this is a huge improvement. Cost wise it is a few steps backwards. edit I would expect that the costs might come down since they probably put them as high as they dared. However, I don't expect that to happen quickly but over time as they get feed back.

Last edited:

Amitola1

I think I found a bug in the new GBG. We are presently in Platinum. It seems to be random where while in detailed map mode some of the tiles do not display any % chance to gain attrition but all the other bordering tiles show the correct amount, which I calculated. It's happened 2x already for me. Has anyone else noticed this? I have opened a bug report ticket with support.

Emberguard

I think I found a bug in the new GBG. We are presently in Platinum. It seems to be random where while in detailed map mode some of the tiles do not display any % chance to gain attrition but all the other bordering tiles show the correct amount, which I calculated. It's happened 2x already for me. Has anyone else noticed this? I have opened a bug report ticket with support.

Locked sectors won’t display the percentage

Portia the Benevolent

UPDATE: I love the changes. It’s making it more balanced and has really kicked the bot people behind the knees.

No longer my opinion:
This will destroy a large component of FOE. Inno’s worried about losing revenue now. Just wait. The map I’m in has three of us guilds that are the top three and the rest aren’t even playing. They’re low level and not even playing. They’re getting nothing out of this. The top guild on our map actually ranked #1 in our world so they’re fighting tooth and nail to keep that position, which means they’re not even really dealing with us as much as they are the two outside guilds that are in second and third position in championship ranking and not even on our map. They have calculated how many tiles they need to get to keep their position at #1 so that the two outside guilds don’t overtake them because they want the trophy. So our guild and the other guild that are 2 and 3 on our GbG map have been pushed into such a corner because we have to conform to what that top guild wants to keep the outside guilds at bay. And because the attrition gets capped we can’t much of a foothold. Everybody is yelling at everybody else. It’s a bloody nightmare. Certainly not fun for one single guild on our map. I reached out to the other top two guilds vying for the trophy, plus some other mid-range. It’s a nightmare across the board. They hate every aspect of it. The biggest FAIL is handing out a trophy to the guild that wins five out of six battles, which has totally knocked the whole game away from the GbG map, and into a virtual competition among three competing guilds and likely not even on the same battlefield.

Last edited:

Portia the Benevolent

I saw an earlier reference to guilds deleting buildings and flipping tiles early. One of the reasons they are doing that is because then they rebuild a compound post and they’re getting Victory Points.

Sharmon the Impaler

It's not one or two buildings either it's at least 30 so far on my map , this really sucks and I hope they either lock the amount until it changes hands or only make one building add attacks needed and make it really expensive like before (Fortress)

Angry.Blanket

It's not one or two buildings either it's at least 30 so far on my map , this really sucks and I hope they either lock the amount until it changes hands or only make one building add attacks needed and make it really expensive like before (Fortress)
I don't think they will , if you think back one of the biggest complaints was guilds holding tiles at 159, this is their way of stopping that.

Sharmon the Impaler

I don't think they will , if you think back one of the biggest complaints was guilds holding tiles at 159, this is their way of stopping that.
It won't stop farming one bit , your ally won't delete a building on a sector that you are swapping with them. All this does is make it impossible for a smaller guild to compete against a larger guild because ALL the buildings add attacks. Before it was only the Fortress and it was very expensive and did not give you an attrition boost on the adjacent sectors.

Angry.Blanket

It won't stop farming one bit , your ally won't delete a building on a sector that you are swapping with them. All this does is make it impossible for a smaller guild to compete against a larger guild because ALL the buildings add attacks. Before it was only the Fortress and it was very expensive and did not give you an attrition boost on the adjacent sectors.
I agree, but all the little guilds complained, so we get punished.

Amitola1

On a positive note. The number of shards you need to the BattleGround selection kit have been reduced to 100 from 200. (tongue in cheek).
edit Our guild is in Platinum.

Amitola1

On a constructive note. The % chance of gaining attrition is a nice feature but is seldom accurate. It should include the amount you have reducing attrition and then add any amounts that further increase the attrition by the buildings on a tile. example. You place a building(s) that give max 80% reduction. giving a 20% chance to increase attrition but a guild has built say some Decoys that increase that % by 15% your true chance to increase attrition become 35%. Since they already have the mechanism to do it then just include all the attrition factors in the calculation instead of having to check the tile and add it in yourself. In other words it's taken me this long to figure out that I can't really trust the attrition % that it is showing me in the detail map mode.

Amitola1

Question: Does anyone know if GBG still doesn't require goods from ages that do not have a guild member (empty age) or have they also included all ages like GE does with this change.

Coach Zuck

On a constructive note. The % chance of gaining attrition is a nice feature but is seldom accurate. It should include the amount you have reducing attrition and then add any amounts that further increase the attrition by the buildings on a tile. example. You place a building(s) that give max 80% reduction. giving a 20% chance to increase attrition but a guild has built say some Decoys that increase that % by 15% your true chance to increase attrition become 35%. Since they already have the mechanism to do it then just include all the attrition factors in the calculation instead of having to check the tile and add it in yourself. In other words it's taken me this long to figure out that I can't really trust the attrition % that it is showing me in the detail map mode.
this is a great idea, you should post it on this feedback thread: https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...for-the-guild-battlegrounds-update-2023.45687

because that one is regarding the actual update, this one likely won't have it's feedback forwarded to people who can make a difference

or post it in the ideas forum