• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New changes to gbg at beta forum.

Athanofthered

The new changes being planned for GBG over at the beta in case you want to leave your own feedback I didn't because I don't know how to register for a beta account personally I think it's another mess but that's just my opinion.

Just An Observer

Since a Championship season is 8 GBG seasons, assume INNO tests it all the way through on Beta. That would put the earliest time for live servers around New Year's Day. It took INNO several months of nerfed GBG without any new buildings or game mechanics before it was jettisoned. I doubt we see a Really Fast Move as INNO needs to get it right or otherwise they will kill FoE participation.

Ebeondi Asi

Months? more like a year. On the other hand some features are introduced very fast. So I would not hold my breath thinking it will not be introduced until that far away.
Plus they may toss in the using defense troops too

Last edited:

xivarmy

I think we'll see this on live in ~a month, no matter what. Like GE5 that we didn't really get much of a test cycle on before it went live.

There might be some quick changes based on feedback in the first test season, but most of the testing will be done live imo.

PJS299

Shouldn't this be in the beta spoilers section?

Anyway, I don't like it. The building is nice, but only for diamond league basically means that the top 32 guilds will get the fragments, and only 4 of those guilds will win the main building fragments. I think that it said something about that...

Athanofthered

Shouldn't this be in the beta spoilers section?

Anyway, I don't like it. The building is nice, but only for diamond league basically means that the top 32 guilds will get the fragments, and only 4 of those guilds will win the main building fragments. I think that it said something about that...
New here sorry I'll take that into account next time and post it in the right thread.

Athanofthered

The members attrition rates publicly posted in real time is kinda dicey though. It would be a goldmine for spies and is really invasive from a privacy standpoint. You would get "elite" guilds that have quotas set for all members ? Just no from me please
That's the one most people support though because it will allow other guildmates to see who isn't attacking none fully attrition protected tiles for selfish reasons and punish them for it.

Sharmon the Impaler

That's the one most people support though because it will allow other guildmates to see who isn't attacking none fully attrition protected tiles for selfish reasons and punish them for it.
I am quite sure it was but think of what happens when a spy is relaying back the condition of the guild's top fighters to another guild to decide whether to attack or not. This has abuse potential all over it. Everything from how many are likely to fend off the attacks and who fights @1 SC , @2 SC , @ 3SC , etc. After any length of time you learn who the heavy fighters are and this info would be way over the top as far as being sensitive goes.

Ebeondi Asi

Worried about spies? paranoid much?.. LoL.
That information is almost meaningless. The state of the treasury is more important in general. Most Guilds already know what other Guilds can and can't manage.Without the attrition info.
As for in Guild monitoring? I think some top Guilds that have martinets for leaders will lose more members when the annoying effects of being watched and scolded happen. Making top Guilds with happy human beings for leaders to grow bigger.
I do agree it will make many who wants to be well thought of to do more attrition fights, earlier. and cause some grumbling for those who who do not want to be judged by others on that parameter.
I tend to do less early in the early day anyway, and try more in the evening to use up attrition.It may change my behavior a bit to do more balanced fighting through the day.. Not sure. I do agree that everyone in a top Guild should be using up as much attrition every day as possible to maximize the total Guild efforts in GbG.

Athanofthered

I am quite sure it was but think of what happens when a spy is relaying back the condition of the guild's top fighters to another guild to decide whether to attack or not. This has abuse potential all over it. Everything from how many are likely to fend off the attacks and who fights @1 SC , @2 SC , @ 3SC , etc. After any length of time you learn who the heavy fighters are and this info would be way over the top as far as being sensitive goes.
This is assuming guild's aren't going to farm like usual. 80% reduction to attrition is still pretty big even for low attrition players and I don't see any motivation from these lackluster rewards to actually compete. This probably won't fix anything other then slightly reducing farmer capabilities which isn't a problem either because with the power creep going on lately from events people can make up for the lack of 100% attrition reduction with insane attack and defense stats (assuming the maps will switch each season) it'll probably be more of the same after the big guilds on top abjust to the changes.

Sharmon the Impaler

This is assuming guild's aren't going to farm like usual. 80% reduction to attrition is still pretty big even for low attrition players and I don't see any motivation from these lackluster rewards to actually compete. This probably won't fix anything other then slightly reducing farmer capabilities which isn't a problem either because with the power creep going on lately from events people can make up for the lack of 100% attrition reduction with insane attack and defense stats (assuming the maps will switch each season) it'll probably be more of the same after the big guilds on top abjust to the changes.
It's farming that builds a lot of the FoE community. It creates thousands of inter-guild conversations per season and has fostered many friendships over the years it has been up. If it's Guild vs Guild only then that would kill off most interest in GbG. GbG has nothing but rewards going for it. The mechanics are awkward , the graphics are static and the same week after week and the only changes are by Inno every time they feel like making it a little more tedious and not fun.

Athanofthered

It's farming that builds a lot of the FoE community. It creates thousands of inter-guild conversations per season and has fostered many friendships over the years it has been up. If it's Guild vs Guild only then that would kill off most interest in GbG. GbG has nothing but rewards going for it. The mechanics are awkward , the graphics are static and the same week after week and the only changes are by Inno every time they feel like making it a little more tedious and not fun.
Well ya that's my point that's why you don't need to worry about spies because those would only come into effect during competition.

Johnny B. Goode

It's farming that builds a lot of the FoE community.
While that may or may not be true, it's not the way the game was in the first several years. Only with GBG and power creep* has farming become the main point of many players' games.

*Power creep? More like power sprint. The boosts now available are making the game a joke. No strategy, no finesse. Just "power up" and let loose with the auto button!