• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New changes to gbg at beta forum.

CDmark

No guarantee they will change this. Lots of people complained about GE5 costs but they didn't adjust them downward at all.
None at all, this may be the old "price high, reduce a little". So, talking the FGFC to 60K goods, 20% reduction, then post "We have revised the cost of the Guild Field Camps based on feedback... thanks for the feedback...."
So, 20K, 40K and 60 K for the 3 buildings.

Sharmon the Impaler

None at all, this may be the old "price high, reduce a little". So, talking the FGFC to 60K goods, 20% reduction, then post "We have revised the cost of the Guild Field Camps based on feedback... thanks for the feedback...."
So, 20K, 40K and 60 K for the 3 buildings.
The "Compare at" strategy to make the gouging not look like gouging.

Sharmon the Impaler

All of you are forgetting the 80% attrition reduction cap. Farming will just not be possible.
You also caught the "adjustable" part of the announcement too right ? That means they can shift it around to what ever they want with no announcement. A typical MTG thing to do on their path to ruining our game. It all boils down to 10 or 15 rich slobs thinking that they are more important than anyone else including the 500K or so that play the game.

Athanofthered

All of you are forgetting the 80% attrition reduction cap. Farming will just not be possible.
80% is a lot, at 80 attrition (my limit) you can get between 450 to 600 fights per day depending on RNG farming is still viable it's just limited

(tested it out myself by only attacking 80% tiles for three days)

The people who will be truly limited are the guys with really low attrition caps.

Last edited:

Athanofthered

You also caught the "adjustable" part of the announcement too right ? That means they can shift it around to what ever they want with no announcement. A typical MTG thing to do on their path to ruining our game. It all boils down to 10 or 15 rich slobs thinking that they are more important than anyone else including the 500K or so that play the game.
I get where you're coming from and understand your frustration with the changes but FOE isn't "our game" it's Inno's and they have the right to change it if they want regardless of how we feel about it since it's thier property.

Now if they lose money as a result from customer dissatisfaction or boycotts that's entirely on them they also have to deal with the consequences of thier actions just like the rest of us.

TotalTrash

These changes, just like the power creep, are all part of the FoE death spiral. Newer players and those who spent little or play for free will be further marginalized even though they form the bulk of the player base. I predict that there will be only inactive players and a few whales in a year or so.

But to stay on topic, this will be the worst part of the new GBG format, since there will be no more free fights:
Quoting INNO: "These buildings will replace most the old ones, with only Decoys, Traps and the Watchtower remaining."

Let the spite fest begin!

Darkest.Knight

No matter what changes are made there are always players that object to the changes and predict the end is near. Hasn't happened over the 5 yrs I've been playing. I'm sure the game will continue to go on with new members joining and some leaving. Just the evolution of the player base.

CDmark

We are already talking about it in US29 diamond league, how to farm with this new system and sharing the championship buildings.
New change, 6 seasons, need to win 5 to get L2 building. The third match up between the 2 same top guilds, big decision to be made.

CDmark

One thing about limited farming, there will be less attrition burn and those outer provinces should be more available to smaller guilds. You don't need HQ building, get the one next to HQ and you can put a 60% bldg bcs every province will have a slot.

Portia the Benevolent

Honestly my only problem is the massively increased goods cost on buildings even big guilds have issues maintaining thier treasury to handle the current costs these costs are just too steep.
Yes and supposedly it’s supposed to be balancing. No way smaller guilds can possibly compete. As Mr Spock might say, “That is illogical, Captain.”

HardWire

The new buildings are expensive. It is the buildings for your starting base (Guild Field Camps) that are treasury breakers. 70/40/25k in goods. The other buildings for the provinces are not so bad when you consider how much attrition reduction you get for the goods paid. A current SC costs 3k in goods and gives 24% attrition reduction costs 125 goods for each %, the new Fortified Guild Command post (most powerful option) at 7k/60% reduction is only 116.7 goods for each %. Plus you get 100% more VPs on that province and any attacker has an increase of 35% more advances to take it from you.
I'm in Beta, in Platinum, so I can't speak on how difficult it is in Diamond with the changes yet, but not many guilds can sustainably spend the goods on Guild Field Camps, much less for the 70k one that also gives 100% increase in VPs for every province you have.
The more I think about it, the more I like the changes. This season with the changes is not bad. I am gonna remain in Platinum for a while, build up the treasury, give time for some of the big Diamond League guilds to break their treasuries then take a shot at a Diamond win occasionally

Athanofthered

The new buildings are expensive. It is the buildings for your starting base (Guild Field Camps) that are treasury breakers. 70/40/25k in goods. The other buildings for the provinces are not so bad when you consider how much attrition reduction you get for the goods paid. A current SC costs 3k in goods and gives 24% attrition reduction costs 125 goods for each %, the new Fortified Guild Command post (most powerful option) at 7k/60% reduction is only 116.7 goods for each %. Plus you get 100% more VPs on that province and any attacker has an increase of 35% more advances to take it from you.
I'm in Beta, in Platinum, so I can't speak on how difficult it is in Diamond with the changes yet, but not many guilds can sustainably spend the goods on Guild Field Camps, much less for the 70k one that also gives 100% increase in VPs for every province you have.
The more I think about it, the more I like the changes. This season with the changes is not bad. I am gonna remain in Platinum for a while, build up the treasury, give time for some of the big Diamond League guilds to break their treasuries then take a shot at a Diamond win occasionally
Good luck with that the big guilds including mine are already doing programs to massively increase goods coming into the treasury and we don't really need the base building either. Like I said this will be slightly hard on the big guilds at first but the little guilds will suffer the most.

HardWire

Good luck with that the big guilds including mine are already doing programs to massively increase goods coming into the treasury and we don't really need the base building either. Like I said this will be slightly hard on the big guilds at first but the little guilds will suffer the most.
Good for you that your guild is working to increase their goods. No doubt that most are on Beta and folks should be doing that here too. And good on ya that your guild does not need the base buildings.
The main point of my post was to let people know that the Command Posts are not that expensive. especially when you realize the cost vs return. And you will need fewer of the Command Posts than SCs.
The other point I was making is that with the base camps, a smaller can gain a foothold now even with the increase of 200 advances needed per province. A handful of strong players in a small guild can make something happen. I am not saying winning regularly, and no doubt there are still enough guilds that will always dominate. I am talking an occasional win in Diamond to go with the losses is just fine with me. The championship reward building, It can stay out of reach. When winning was not possible before, is now possible. That is the part I like. Some of the big Diamond league guilds will still have weak spots in their inventory preventing the use of the 70k base camp. Aim for low end on League Points to enter Diamond to get the most favorable draw on competitors.