• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New changes to gbg at beta forum.

UBERhelp1

It's a rough change. The attrition reduction is still way too high, and it will still be possible to just farm the map. Basically, better rewards with no real change to how you play the battlegrounds except for the top 1 guild of each battleground getting more rewards.

It's a good idea, but unless they actually start capping how many fights players can do, we won't see GBG improve.

Athanofthered

It's a rough change. The attrition reduction is still way too high, and it will still be possible to just farm the map. Basically, better rewards with no real change to how you play the battlegrounds except for the top 1 guild of each battleground getting more rewards.

It's a good idea, but unless they actually start capping how many fights players can do, we won't see GBG improve.
The main issue is the power creep of events and other buildings coming out I went from 1300 in both attack and defense to nearly 1600 in only a couple weeks as it is I'll probably reach my goal of 2k in a few months at most. 80% reduction wouldn't be so bad if people weren't quickly spiraling off towards 10k attack and defense with these new op AF buildings.

Sharmon the Impaler

The main issue is the power creep of events and other buildings coming out I went from 1300 in both attack and defense to nearly 1600 in only a couple weeks as it is I'll probably reach my goal of 2k in a few months at most. 80% reduction wouldn't be so bad if people weren't quickly spiraling off towards 10k attack and defense with these new op AF buildings.
If the give 100 attack and then remove 20% of your ability to fight with it then they are giving 80% of 100

DreadfulCadillac

Yeah, whatever. Keep telling yourself that.
100% In agreeance with Stephen here. Fact of the matter is that the boosts are just too damn high! Ever since I've started doing GvG in voice chat every night with my guild, my relationship with my guild has improved 10X over what it ever did from the "conversations" sparked by the GbG farmfest.

Sharmon the Impaler

100% In agreeance with Stephen here. Fact of the matter is that the boosts are just too damn high! Ever since I've started doing GvG in voice chat every night with my guild, my relationship with my guild has improved 10X over what it ever did from the "conversations" sparked by the GbG farmfest.
The problem is most of the heavy boosts were selling points over the past 6 events and then to claw it back after they were paid for may not bode well for Inno.

Ebeondi Asi

The problem is most of the heavy boosts were selling points over the past 6 events and then to claw it back after they were paid for may not bode well for Inno.
On the other hand it is possible they knew the boosts would be needed in the future, so started making it available months in advance?
They give everyone a good chance . (even ftp) to get some additional boosts every event.
To some players above, the cup is always (more than) half empty, ;)

MKPapa

The game may become more stagnant if these changes go live.

So far my main concerns are:
- increased number of DL battles combined with attrition cap really hurts small guilds;
- Tower of Champions will increase the gap between capabilities of top guilds and the rest even more.

And am I right that good requirements for new buildings are higher as well?

I suspect that instead of increasing interest of average players and guilds in GBG it will actually reduce it, and top guilds will be able to farm even easier.
Top guilds will now face even less competition, and creation of new guilds will make even less sense.

And while GUI improvements are welcome, I'd prefer to see all info as icons for every tile on the map without clicking on a tile: province coordinates, progress, building slots available, what buildings are (being) built, bullseye/holding hand. This will make life of GBG generals much easier.

Last edited:
These Battlegrounds changes are the death knell of farming. Only winning will count in the future. Big guilds with lots of fighters will rule, if their Treasury can support them.
This will create a very uncertain future for all guilds that are not in the top tier. And within that top tier, the pressure to win will be intense. There can be only one in the new Battlegrounds world that Inno is going to present us with.

Athanofthered

These Battlegrounds changes are the death knell of farming. Only winning will count in the future. Big guilds with lots of fighters will rule, if their Treasury can support them.
This will create a very uncertain future for all guilds that are not in the top tier. And within that top tier, the pressure to win will be intense. There can be only one in the new Battlegrounds world that Inno is going to present us with.
I rather doubt it people will still farm with 80% attrition reduction just a little less now and the championship rewards are meh.

I rather doubt it people will still farm with 80% attrition reduction just a little less now and the championship rewards are meh.
I strongly disagree. One of the premises of farming is that where a guild finishes in the standings did not matter. It will in the future. How do you cooperate with other guilds to farm if your true goal is to win The Season? Only if other guilds concede to finish out of the winner's circle can there be cooperation, and guilds that do that will be looking for new members very quickly.
I think that you are quite wrong about the "meh" nature of the rewards for winning an 8 season championship. Going for over 2 months and coming out empty handed will not sit well with players.

Pericles the Lion

I strongly disagree. One of the premises of farming is that where a guild finishes in the standings did not matter. It will in the future. How do you cooperate with other guilds to farm if your true goal is to win The Season? Only if other guilds concede to finish out of the winner's circle can there be cooperation, and guilds that do that will be looking for new members very quickly.
I think that you are quite wrong about the "meh" nature of the rewards for winning an 8 season championship. Going for over 2 months and coming out empty handed will not sit well with players.
Time will tell but I think that greed will overcome competition. The Tower of Champions is a nice building but not nice enough to convince players to stop swapping sectors. My prediction is that the top guilds will continue to farm GBG, cooperating as they do now. There will likely be fewer fights but, imo, the rewards from fights will overpower the benefits of the Tower.

Athanofthered

Because the bigger stronger guilds still decide how the field will be worked and most guilds still only care about farming for forge points and dimonds most of these "changes" will do nothing to change the staus quo big fast guilds will still dominate full stop.

Athanofthered

Time will tell but I think that greed will overcome competition. The Tower of Champions is a nice building but not nice enough to convince players to stop swapping sectors. My prediction is that the top guilds will continue to farm GBG, cooperating as they do now. There will likely be fewer fights but, imo, the rewards from fights will overpower the benefits of the Tower.
We might get wars for a while as people will be curious about the new buildings so the warring states period of foe should be fun for a little while at least until things calm down again lol.

CDmark

My thoughts, the original test in beta was just to look at attrition cap, nothing else. With all the changes made, it is coming and coming soon. 2-3 cycles in beta is enough to go live. I am playing it now, it is close to a finished product. Sure, some questions, guild ranking and cost of HQ building being too high, but it is running pretty smooth. Here is a summary I have for my guild, posted in beta forum too. I will do a detailed write up later, can post here too.

Not to be a bearer of bad news, my guess for diamonds, we will see about the same reduction we saw in GE, 50% overall. AGAIN, why Inno can't just post the secret information, I don't know.

So, 50% less D's to earn, let's say same attrition reduction cost for goods and diamond popping, only the HQ investment cost is the big change FOR COSTS. Toss in the 80% cap with larger amounts of advances needed to close (25% to 88% increase, 200 vs 300 advances, rough numbers), means less map flips, more player activity. Probably 3 flips per day will be the norm for a map that moves fast. 100 attrition at the cap of 80% is 500 battles, expect more attrition since 80% isn't guaranteed. There is an additional investment cost of 75K goods and 250 D to place 1,2,3.

That is my summary to my guild without the breakdown. I know the diamonds haven't been determined but I like my guess.

Ebeondi Asi

CDmark: One point in favor of the HQ investment is once for the entire Season is my understanding. (and it does not matter if another Guild conquers the sector, you stlll have is what you move back out..) So i ask can you confirm that?

CDmark

CDmark: One point in favor of the HQ investment is once for the entire Season is my understanding. So i ask can you confirm that? (and it does not matter if anohter Guild conquers the sector, you stlll have is what you move back out..
yes, one time investment so the provinces connected to your HQ, will have it the whole season. To get 1st, 2nd or 3rd, you will have to decide are you paying the diamonds. I know the 80% AR (attrition reduction), 100% VP on ALL provinces the whole season, Fortified Guild Field camp costs 250 diamonds to pop. I know that only 1st gets the championship fragments BUT 2nd and 3rd will be important for guild ranking, this is why I say 1,2,3. The question becomes, will the provinces next to your HQ be taken. with an 80% attrition cap, maybe not, farming will be limited to guild member activity. So, I look at it like an investment for the 100% VP to win or place.

Last edited: