• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

newbie Q about plundering

DeletedUser36253

There is much discussion about plundering, but I've not found the answer to my query. Can a plunderer suck all of your "supplies" away after having attacked more than 24 hours ago? (Stuck in Iron Age, but had been doing well on my stock of supplies - realizing there will always be significantly fewer supplies than coin.)

Here I sit, unable to produce ANYTHING because suddenly I have nearly zero supplies. Is this possible, or a bug?

Probably a ridiculous question I missed the answer to in the meandering threads about plundering, but if someone could answer this question honestly without strategizing, I'd appreciate it. All I want to know is if such a thing is possible. My gratitude to those of you who have read this.

Goth Almighty

I haven't heard this one before so I need a little more info. First, I want to compare my Bronze age city to your Iron Age city. Now I don't have a ton supplies in the bank (only about 1,500 when I just logged on), but I have 5 Pottery barns and 5 horse pens and, after collection, I now have over 7000 (about 3.5 tons). So are you producing to your capacity?

DeletedUser26965

Can a plunderer suck all of your "supplies" away after having attacked more than 24 hours ago?
You can not plunder someone supplies but you can plunder their supplies buildings if they're not motivated. You can not plunder a player more than 24 hours after a successful attack against them. You can only attack and plunder one building, if there is one able to be plundered, every 24 hours per each player.

Official Wiki: https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Main_Page
Fan Wiki: http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Forge_of_Empires_Wiki

DeletedUser36253

Thank you for your kind replies.

wjblaney....in comparison to you, it is obvious to me that I am not "producing to capacity", given that you have multiple pottery barns and horse pens. I can only ballpark my supply count (before it went to zero), but I believe it was over 50,000 of whatever measure shows in the status bar at the top of the game page.

sloppyjoeslayer....I was plundered twice, same supply building I had recently built (I had no idea what PvP was, and leveled into it without understanding my vulnerability). It is my only Iron factory. There is no way it could have produced all the supplies that I am missing. Hence, my question. I will search the wikis at the links you have kindly provided.

Again, thank you for helping a newbie - decidedly NOT a plunderer! - help to understand. :)

DeletedUser27889

Again, thank you for helping a newbie - decidedly NOT a plunderer! - help to understand. :)

Begone you! You are far too kind and polite to be a new player posting on this forum. You shall address us in the manner to which we are accustomed, "losers with too much time on their hands".

In seriousness though is it possible you did a unbirthday quest? The one that asks you to pay coin and supply? Or unlock a tech you may not have noticed had a supply requirement?

These things can wipe out a new players supply hoard quickly.

DeletedUser26965

sloppyjoeslayer....I was plundered twice, same supply building I had recently built (I had no idea what PvP was, and leveled into it without understanding my vulnerability). It is my only Iron factory. There is no way it could have produced all the supplies that I am missing. Hence, my question. I will search the wikis at the links you have kindly provided.
Yeah it bothers the hell out of me they don't give players any real and obvious info it's a default PvP game. That changed a bit when they locked PvP to IA tech so if one is paying attention they'll see they're unlocking PvP but even then I'm sure many players would still not realize what that entails so don't be hard on yourself.

If you're sure you had a bunch of supplies and it just suddenly disappeared and you're sure you didn't spend it then you can File a Support Ticket and they should be able to help you and probably tell you if you spent it and didn't recall it.

DeletedUser32328

As a general rule: once you have collected your productions they are safe from plunderers. They cannot touch what sits in your inventory.

Did you make significant upgrades to your town's recently? Such as replacing housing by newer ones for example? Especially in the lower eras that can be a significant drain on supplies.

DeletedUser

.I was plundered twice, same supply building I had recently built (I had no idea what PvP was, and leveled into it without understanding my vulnerability). It is my only Iron factory.
You're not mixing up a goods building with a supply building here, are you? Are you talking about the building that produces the good "Iron", or are you talking about an Iron Age supply-producing building?

DeletedUser28670

@Amanirenas
This is not related to the question, but i feel that it should help.
When I was a new player without any knowledge of the game, I was severly down on supplies as I only had 1-2 supply providing buildings. That'll severly hamper you in the game, as with under 50,000 supplies in Iron Age, that amount will easily go down to zero by a lot of means - technologies, replacing buildings, doing Unbirthday Quests. To avoid this try to have 5+ supply buildings (preferably butchers) set to 24 hour productions and doing Reccuring Quests.

There are many other ways to make sure you have enough supplies for your age but a general rule of thumb for the early ages is 100,000 for BA and 200,000 for IA. Doing reccuring quests with a large amount of production buildings is an efficient and easy way of making sure you have enough supplies for the early ages.

DeletedUser36253

Begone you! You are far too kind and polite to be a new player posting on this forum. You shall address us in the manner to which we are accustomed, "losers with too much time on their hands"..

:D I appreciate your sense of humor Manda the first, and I appreciate ALL of your kind and appropriate responses. You have all given me much to consider and - even better! - considerable assistance in understanding what to be cautious of in the future! I've been in the habit of checking supply count prior to questing, researching and building for most of the game, but it is quite possible I did not pay enough attention to a birthday quest. (IRL I just started a new job, and my attention for pursuits outside of that is likely not up to par. :oops:)

I can provide no truly helpful information to submit a ticket IMHO (except to say that at least 50k of my supplies disappeared from one login to the next), so will have to enter "stasis" for awhile until I can build up enough supplies to continue forward. In the meantime, my plundering revenge is to throw all my FPs at my plunderer's GBs and hope I can reap some benefit. FPs are pretty much the only thing I can do anything with, for now.

Again, many thanks, Wise Ones!:)

DeletedUser35550

You Tube has some great tutorials to learn the ins and out of the game - another tip is to make sure you have set your city defense - by defauklt you will have 2 no defenses until you unlock PvP - if you are uin a guild and doing the GE - take all the troops you have acquired - (Soldiers, Archers, Legionaires, Horsemen and Ballistas) and use 8 to set your city defense

New players have it lucky - when I started, they could raid you from day one in the Bronze Age - Inno changed that because the bullies were driving the new players from the game- that's why they moved the PvP to the late Iron Age

I've been playing for over a year and still learning - don't get discouraged, you'll get the hang of it, hopefully quicker than I did watsed a lagre amount of $$$$ on diamonds and spend them foolishly trying to build too quickly and dead ended by the High Middle Ages

DeletedUser

Stephen Longshanks, my post was unintentionally confusing, mea culpa. Don't goods you produce in Goods Buildings count toward supplies? Perhaps this is another issue I did not comprehend. :oops: If not, then the link to plunder I assumed existed does not.
No, goods produced have no impact on supplies. The only connection between goods and supplies relating to goods buildings is the cost in supplies (and coins, of course) to produce the goods, which you pay out when you start a goods production cycle. So if the player plundered your Iron goods building, it would have zero impact on your supplies total.

DeletedUser36253

Thank you Stephen. That answers my initial question perfectly.

Alaric, I decided - after accidentally spending diamonds on building without realizing it - that I would no longer spend $$$ on diamonds. When first plundered, I did set up a city defense - which was obliterated when I attempted to attack the plunderer. :rolleyes: I hope my future "lessons" in FOE will not be quite so painful! Again, thank you all. :)

DeletedUser

@Alaric the Goth II @Amanirenas : The wisest thing to spend Diamonds on in this game is the Diamond expansions. Two of them are available for each age/era, and they are the only thing you can spend Diamonds on that you will never lose or replace. They start at 200 Diamonds apiece and scale up in price. Here is a link to the Wiki page on Expansions:
https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Expansions
The third column on the second chart gives you the cost of each Diamond expansion, color coded by age.

DeletedUser36253

Alaric - bookmarking and taking notes!!!! Again, thanks for your help :)

Don't use your defending army to attack.

Thanks, Arya.;) I had my strongest fighters in my defending army, but I was clearly outmatched by a plunderer much farther along in the game (and with more bloodlust) than I. I won't make THAT mistake again :D

DeletedUser28670

Alaric - bookmarking and taking notes!!!! Again, thanks for your help :)

Thanks, Arya.;) I had my strongest fighters in my defending army, but I was clearly outmatched by a plunderer much farther along in the game (and with more bloodlust) than I. I won't make THAT mistake again :D
My advice for you for now - go the recurring quest route. It‘s one of the simplest way of making sure you are prepared for higher ages, and the 24 hour production makes it easy to collect on time and avoid being plundered. A week or so with 10 butchers or more should get your supply total at a decent amount for your era. At that point you can choose to advance or wait to amass more resources.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36253

Lord Muggle, I sincerely appreciate your kind advice. Thanks! And thanks to all of you! :)

DeletedUser27889

I can provide no truly helpful information to submit a ticket IMHO (except to say that at least 50k of my supplies disappeared from one login to the next),
Support in this game is (usually) fantastic. If you have a question most support is quite happy to answer it, especially someone being polite as you are. They have the ability to give answers there is just no way anyone here can by looking at logs or whatever magical means they use. It is possible too much time has gone by but if you're able to provide them a date this happened they can probably tell you what it was. It would be useful to know going forward...beside if it were me it would just drive me nuts.

@Snowbelle along with being the community manager for the forums also answers tickets sometimes and she may be able to get you a definitive answer. She's as nice as they come towards people asking for help so I wouldn't hesitate to ask her.