• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

No longer know how to move Forward Att & Def

doppy

My city has hit a brick wall and not sure how to move forward. for years its been about building up attack and defence % . but now what do I do. I don't plunder so they no long have any use. Just to name a few my Terracota army / Eagle Mountain / Winners plaza / Checkmate Square's . have these things now become useless item's taking up space in my city. Don't care about there level's or how meny I have just wondering if they have a purpose any longer or in the days ahead.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

With the power creep of event buildings, none of those are worth keeping in your city. I do have a few Eagle Mountains in my cities, but they will go as soon as I need the room for a newer event building. I've already deleted all my Winner's Plazas, Checkmate Squares and other smaller, older buildings like that. Very useful in the past, obsolete now.

Godly Luke

With the power creep of event buildings, none of those are worth keeping in your city. I do have a few Eagle Mountains in my cities, but they will go as soon as I need the room for a newer event building. I've already deleted all my Winner's Plazas, Checkmate Squares and other smaller, older buildings like that. Very useful in the past, obsolete now.
Out of curiosity, what would you put in place of the TA?

Johnny B. Goode

Since it only gives one benefit, pretty much anything from the last few events...or the next one. Full disclosure: I actually still have one in my "main" city, but it's only level 34 and very low on the priority list. I will probably delete it and replace it soon.

xivarmy

Since it actually provides all 4 military boosts instead of 2 like cathedral of aachen, I *think* you could have it around for a while still if that's your statting priority and you afford "no" value to the FP and goods the event buildings you'd replace it with would give.

I also think for a lot of more casual/F2P players with late era big cities they might have a year or two before the *worst* thing they have to get rid of is that TA. It's all well and good to say it's out of date (and I've certainly been guilty of that myself). But there is practical issues that will vary from player to player of just how long it'll take to replace all the things that are even worse than it. I haven't deleted one yet.

Mostly I would recommend thinking twice before deciding to go out and get one and invest FP into levelling it when you know in the long run you're not keeping it. Is there a better investment that will last you longer? I wouldn't plan to build one in a new city ever at this point.

jaymoney23456

TA provides boosts to attack and defense and not just for GbG or GE like a lot of these new event buildings do and you can keep leveling TA up to get higher stats-fp have to go somewhere and many late stage players have it at high levels already so it gives good boosts still. Would not get rid of my TA anytime soon

Johnny B. Goode

Just to clarify, if my TA were at level 80 or higher it would be a harder decision on whether it's worth keeping long-term. As @xivarmy said, I would not build one in a city where I don't already have it. As far as having boosts for attacking and defending armies, many of the newer event buildings have that, also, so that's not as much incentive as it could be. Power creep has probably hurt this GB more than most, due to it not having a second bonus.

Sharmon the Impaler

Just to clarify, if my TA were at level 80 or higher it would be a harder decision on whether it's worth keeping long-term. As @xivarmy said, I would not build one in a city where I don't already have it. As far as having boosts for attacking and defending armies, many of the newer event buildings have that, also, so that's not as much incentive as it could be. Power creep has probably hurt this GB more than most, due to it not having a second bonus.
My TA gives me +65% on 24 squares and my Hydra gives me +261% on 16 squares. You may have a point.