• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Non Age Advancing Quest Series

• Thread starter DeletedUser32754
  • Start date

DeletedUser32754

Each quest series there is at least one quest that forces you to advance your age. There is always something like "research a new technology" or take over another place on the map.

I am sure many many players have learned the hard way about advancing ages and getting destroyed as soon as they are put in a new neighborhood. For that reason many people do not advance their age until they have leveled their great buildings enough to help them survive in the new neighborhood. Of coarse an easier solutions is simply letting people opt out of the pvp part of the game or protect all resources from plunder. I know that isnt going to happen.

But each season there is another quest that i work diligently on to only hit a brick wall when the almighty quest required research a tech. Then I am done celebrating and now cursing. Please let us complete these quests. Do something like "Research a tech or spend double usual tech research cost of forge points". Duplicate the alternative for the take over lands on the map part too as I know I am already trying to negotiate lands for 2 ages beyond my current.

DeletedUser

No. Learn to leave dead-end techs unfinished (FPs spent, but not unlocked) just for this purpose. Frequently there are techs that are not required for any of the next column of techs. Leave these until you have a quest to research a tech, then unlock one of them. Simple solution that doesn't require changing anything but your mindset. :)

DeletedUser32754

No. Learn to leave dead-end techs unfinished (FPs spent, but not unlocked) just for this purpose. Frequently there are techs that are not required for any of the next column of techs. Leave these until you have a quest to research a tech, then unlock one of them. Simple solution that doesn't require changing anything but your mindset. :)
You are limited how many quests you can do. I have 0 desire to enter the next age to start doing this. Maybe when I do enter the next age sure. But that isn't any time soon.

DeletedUser28670

You are limited how many quests you can do. I have 0 desire to enter the next age to start doing this. Maybe when I do enter the next age sure. But that isn't any time soon.
No one forces you to do the events.
Don't do the quests, don't get the rewards.
Inno wants you to advance in ages and not camp.

If you plan ahead right, you should be able to stay in an age for a decent amount of time.

DeletedUser32754

If you plan ahead right, you should be able to stay in an age for a decent amount of time.
And what skippable tech is there in the industrial age?

wolfhoundtoo

Doesn't matter. This issue has been brought up before to Inno and they have gotten better about providing options but they still throw in the tech requirement as a stand alone in the events. Your option is to advance (and plan ahead in the next age accordingly) or simply not complete the quests in the winter event (which I've chosen not to complete as I have no desire no enter the next age).

Falconwing

If you wanna sit at an age, fine, but don't cry about not being able to complete event quests. YOU chose that.

I won't say that sitting has become a problem, but it has been taken to ridiculous extremes. I've met people with all the good GB's at level 10+ and 50+ Arcs sitting at LMA and lower. One has actually been in Iron Age for over a year and a half. Why? At that age with those buildings the game is little more than just going through the motions. They are obviously ready for the nest several Ages at least, but they have become complacent and enjoy being the big fish in the little pond. I am going slow myself, but boredom is taking over and I'm about to start going up in ages. Need the space anyway, for all these awesome Event buildings I won by NOT sitting.

DeletedUser29295

If you wanna sit at an age, fine, but don't cry about not being able to complete event quests. YOU chose that.

Exactly. I am not going to finish the Winter Event: mostly because they want me to research a tech, and to myself it is a waste of FP to do it for so little reward. The Forge Bowl event that is in Beta right now is MUCH better then this event in the rewards: but getting the footballs is much harder. I am in Indy right now, have been for @ a month now. I plan to stay until Feb so I can get some of my own GB's leveled a bit better. But it is a choice: do the Quests and advance in Era (for some), or don't do the Quests and no rewards. I am fine with n rewards right now.

BTW, I vote NO as well.

DeletedUser31206

Each quest series there is at least one quest that forces you to advance your age. There is always something like "research a new technology" or take over another place on the map.

I am sure many many players have learned the hard way about advancing ages and getting destroyed as soon as they are put in a new neighborhood. For that reason many people do not advance their age until they have leveled their great buildings enough to help them survive in the new neighborhood. Of coarse an easier solutions is simply letting people opt out of the pvp part of the game or protect all resources from plunder. I know that isnt going to happen.

But each season there is another quest that i work diligently on to only hit a brick wall when the almighty quest required research a tech. Then I am done celebrating and now cursing. Please let us complete these quests. Do something like "Research a tech or spend double usual tech research cost of forge points". Duplicate the alternative for the take over lands on the map part too as I know I am already trying to negotiate lands for 2 ages beyond my current.
Yes advancing to fast on on research can hurt you, but just because a quest comes up doesn't mean you've got to do it right than. I've had quest that I've left undone for weeks until I was ready to advance.

DeletedUser25166

INNO wants you to have 23 Blacksmiths in your city as well

DeletedUser31206

INNO wants you to have 23 Blacksmiths in your city as well
They can want us to but that doesn't mean we have to. Even on these Event quest we don't have to do them. True it means we won't get the rewards or finish all the quest for the Event, but that happens. You just got to decide if you really need the rewards or if it would be better to wait to do it.

Salsuero

I won't say that sitting has become a problem, but it has been taken to ridiculous extremes. I've met people with all the good GB's at level 10+ and 50+ Arcs sitting at LMA and lower. One has actually been in Iron Age for over a year and a half. Why? At that age with those buildings the game is little more than just going through the motions. They are obviously ready for the nest several Ages at least, but they have become complacent and enjoy being the big fish in the little pond. I am going slow myself, but boredom is taking over and I'm about to start going up in ages. Need the space anyway, for all these awesome Event buildings I won by NOT sitting.

Pretty judgmental of you. We play the way we play... you your way... me my way... and you don't have to agree with it... but judging it so negatively. I don't harm anyone in my hood by playing my way. I enjoy leveling my GBs at my own pace. I've never complained about not having tech to unlock for quests. To call me complacent... that's a strong word for how I've developed (by choice) my town. Who cares about being a big fish in a neighborhood if you don't plunder them? In fact I aid them daily... every one of them... as long as they don't attack me. They can get goods from me in the market and BPs by investing in my higher age GBs. I've never had any issue getting the buildings I want while playing at a "camper" pace. You probably shouldn't judge folks for playing a different way. Not all of us complain... and plenty people who move up the tech tree fast complain about other things. Are they playing "better" than me?

DeletedUser31498

Pretty judgmental of you. We play the way we play... you your way... me my way... and you don't have to agree with it... but judging it so negatively. I don't harm anyone in my hood by playing my way. I enjoy leveling my GBs at my own pace. I've never complained about not having tech to unlock for quests. To call me complacent... that's a strong word for how I've developed (by choice) my town. Who cares about being a big fish in a neighborhood if you don't plunder them? In fact I aid them daily... every one of them... as long as they don't attack me. They can get goods from me in the market and BPs by investing in my higher age GBs. I've never had any issue getting the buildings I want while playing at a "camper" pace. You probably shouldn't judge folks for playing a different way. Not all of us complain... and plenty people who move up the tech tree fast complain about other things. Are they playing "better" than me?

dude chilllllllllllllllllllll. I also camp, and I'm not offended. Don't take it personally, he's responding to the OP's take on the situation. He's right, it's way easier camping (that's why we're doing it...), and the sacrifice is I don't have the Black Tower. And since when I first started I just wailed on the C Map, I'm in a bad spot since I'm already in to EMA.

Salsuero

dude chilllllllllllllllllllll.

I have the Black Tower. I'm sorry you do not. I don't think it's easier to camp all around. It's just different. There are ways in which it is easier and there are also ways in which it is not. I didn't appreciate the insinuation that we are somehow lesser players for our choices. My response to him was not incendiary, nor was it offensive. I objected to his judgment of our play style and I provided my reasons. But dude... this part of your reply was totally unnecessary.

DeletedUser31498

I have the Black Tower. I'm sorry you do not. I don't think it's easier to camp all around. It's just different. There are ways in which it is easier and there are also ways in which it is not. I didn't appreciate the insinuation that we are somehow lesser players for our choices. My response to him was not incendiary, nor was it offensive. I objected to his judgment of our play style and I provided my reasons. But dude... this part of your reply was totally unnecessary.

You don't think it's easier to camp?? Are you serious? You NEVER get plundered, noobs suck up to you and pay tons of FPs to get BPs. Man get some perspective. Camping is 100% the easiest way to play, why do you think all the guides recommend it? Because it's hard to do the same thing all the time?

Salsuero

You don't think it's easier to camp?? Are you serious? You NEVER get plundered, noobs suck up to you and pay tons of FPs to get BPs. Man get some perspective. Camping is 100% the easiest way to play, why do you think all the guides recommend it? Because it's hard to do the same thing all the time?

Still replying to me? Re-read what I said. I said it is not easier ALL AROUND -- and I said there are ways in which it IS easier, but ALSO in which it is not. Why are you arguing something I didn't say?