• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Odhrorvar Server is Clogged

lemur

Hey InnoGames ... Clear your cache, or do whatever it takes to restore the performance of the Odhrorvar server.

It's awful.

And it's been having problems for months. I am certain of this because I experience the performance of Odhrorvar and ParkDog back-to-back, every day. Unlike you guys, I actually play this game every day.

In particular, the repeatable quest line on Odhrorvar balks and freezes, over and over and over and over and over again and again and again.

When I endure this sluggish performance on Odhrorvar, and then see how much faster ParkDog is, minutes later with the same computer, I think about how utterly clueless the management of this game is.

Last edited:

Algona

I think about how utterly clueless I am. .

fFixed. Welcome back, old friend!

Isn't it obvious to you by now?

INNO purposefully messes with just your account on just one world.

That way you'll come to the forums every few months, pitch one of your fits, and get ridiculed by all the other posters.

All the while the folk at INNO are laughing their asses off at you. They prolly have a betting pool for what day you'll post your next complaint, the winner gets topick the next way they screw with your account. I'm pretty sure I heard them singing about you in the background of the last Winter Event vide. I'm pretty sure i heard

Lemur the angry player, had some very sick PCs
And if he ever ran FoE, you could be sure they'd freeze
All of the players used to laugh and say "Gread game!
Too bad you can't play it, 'cause your PC is lame"
Then one balmy day in May, lemu rwrote a post
"Screw you INNO bastards, Odhrorvar is burnt toast"
Then one of the INNO Devs shouted out with glee
"I chose StarWars Day, how lucky can I be?"

DeletedUser38766

Now you see if me made a compilation of such posts with such responses we would make a golden forum thread!

lemur

Lemur the angry player ...

Wow ... That's quite an elaborate personal attack. I suppose I should be honored that you took so much time at it. Did it make you feel good? That's the most important thing, you know.

... your account on just one world.

In my original post I mentioned "how much faster ParkDog is", but that undermines your work of fiction. So of course, it must be ignored.

... and get ridiculed by all the other InnoGames sock puppets and fanboys.

Fixed !!

DeletedUser33179

Hey InnoGames ... Clear your cache, or do whatever it takes to restore the performance of the Odhrorvar server.

It's awful.

And it's been having problems for months. I am certain of this because I experience the performance of Odhrorvar and ParkDog back-to-back, every day. Unlike you guys, I actually play this game every day.

In particular, the repeatable quest line on Odhrorvar balks and freezes, over and over and over and over and over again and again and again.

When I endure this sluggish performance on Odhrorvar, and then see how much faster ParkDog is, minutes later with the same computer, I think about how utterly clueless the management of this game is.

So, Odhrorvar has been sluggish for you for months, whereas Parkog has been fine.

Very strange. From March 2018 onward, the Parkog sever has been your massive problem, as per your numerous complaints over these many months. (For example, this gem of a thread)...

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/parkdog-is-incredibly-unstable.23278/

Algona

I don't see how you can consider the truth a personal attack.

Did it make you feel good? That's the most important thing, you know.

Oh, hell, yeah! Just like the staff at INNO, I'm laughing my ass off at you. Again. As I;'m sure I will be the next time you post this same old drivel.

In my original post I mentioned "how much faster ParkDog is", b

Which is why I said they messed with your account on just one world. Your PC now having problems displaying words? Or EBCAK?

How delightfully original! Took you a while tio figure that one out, huh?

lemur

So, Odhrorvar has been sluggish for you for months, whereas Parkog has been fine.

That's right. The speed on ParkDog has been fine, but the server is still unstable. In fact, just a few minutes ago, it crashed in the middle of my collections, which was very annoying. Going forward, everything is now delayed by the time it took to reboot the browser. When this happens enough times, the collection time is too late in the evening, and I lose a day's collection, or I get plundered.

But of course, the InnoGames managers are utterly clueless about such details because they don't actually play the game on a daily basis.

And they don't listen to those of us who do. You see, we are not worthy in their eyes; we are only the video game addicts for them to manipulate.

Furthermore ... The post you cited was written 10 months ago. My friends and I noticed the sluggishness of the Odhrorvar server at the beginning of this year (2019). As I recall, it began on the day that the Settlements feature was introduced.

This would be typical of Forge of Empires — as the game developers continually pile more features (often inadequately tested) on to servers that are already overloaded.

Last edited:

lemur

Whenever I come to the Open Forum, it's like an "alternate reality" here. In the real game, experienced players are quitting due to software performance issues that just pile up and become too annoying. The others plod along, hoping that InnoGames comes to its collective senses and fixes longstanding structural issues with the game — instead of continually chasing short-term profits. I see comments about this every week. That the game is mismanaged is accepted as a given. There is an ongoing tension between our love of the game and how much we are willing to tolerate from InnoGames.

I come here only occasionally because it's always such a surreal experience. It is apparently a "safe space" for InnoGames — where criticism of the game management indicates some sort of personal character defect in anyone daring to engage in such rhetoric. . :rolleyes:

Super Catanian

Whenever I come to the Open Forum, it's like an "alternate reality" here.
[...]
I come here only occasionally because it's always such a surreal experience. It is apparently a "safe space" for InnoGames — where criticism of the game management indicates some sort of personal character defect in anyone daring to engage in such rhetoric. . :rolleyes:
welcome-to-the-internet-ill-be-your-guide-motifake-com-29854499.png

Algona

Whenever I come to the Open Forum, it's like an "alternate reality" here.

I come here only occasionally because it's always such a surreal experience.

I could not agree more. Pretty sure everyone who has seen your act more then once feels exactly the same way. Every time you post here it is a Twilight World experirnce for all of us.

Maybe that's it? You unknowingly have an alternate universe interdimensional portal instead of an internet connection. That explains everything perfectly.

For the safety of both realities and to prevent further cross contamination, you should permanently terminate that connection immediately. And never ever write of this again, the Guardians may be watching.

Then you can safely ensconce yourself in your reality where things only happen to you.

Emberguard

@lemur the management do play daily. Not everyone experiences the problems you say your computer has. If everyone had this problem that's all we'd ever hear from anyone.

As to your specific problem of the game, simply saying it's not working doesn't give any substantial information towards fixing the problem.

Really you need to either post this:
World: Tell us what world you have noticed this bug in (us1, us2, etc).
Browser and Version: Tell us which web browser you are using, include version number if possible.
Description of the bug: Tell us what happens when this bug occurs, what prompts the bug to occur - include as much information about the bug as you can, so that we can address it. The more descriptive you can be, the more chance we have of understanding you.
Screenshots (where applicable): Show us any screenshots that you have of the bug, or any other visual aids. These are often invaluable.
How often this occurs: Tell us the frequency in which this occurs or if this is the first time and if it only occurs during specific times. (providing your timezone if possible, or alternatively the time in GMT+1/UTC+1)
I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes/No.
Have you tried resolving your issue by using the hints in this sticky thread?: Yes/no.

Or post from this:
index.php

index.php

and then have patience or make sure your computer operating system and programs are upto date for what you have available or get a better computer.

You can either post it in the forums here or you can contact support so they have it on file

DeletedUser40197

I'm so sorry to hear your having these issues, hopefully they get resolved soon.... (just wondering what would happen if this was the only kind of response that was given would the quarterly alternate reality posts come to an end?)

DeletedUser40197

Will never happen. He is the only one with the problem.

Last time it was ParkDog

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/parkdog-is-incredibly-unstable.23278/

Now all of a sudden ParkDog is much faster.

He just likes to complain for no reason.
I know, I've seen these posts in the past from Lemur... it's clear what he's doing and easy to feed into it (also makes for good entertainment). I just wonder if he wasn't getting the response he's obviously looking for if he might stop. Unlikely, yes, but I was musing.

DeletedUser

If something were "clear" to you, then you would have to actually understand it. That would include reading comprehension. But I doubt that is the case here, since you and AttackDog327 obviously didn't grasp (or simply ignored) what I explained to Clara.

I will summarize it at a fifth grade reading level for you:
ParkDog is unstable. Odhrorvar is very slow. Unstable is not the same as very slow. But both are bad.

Capisce, paesano?
Most of us have heard these complaints about the game from you many times. If we had the level and frequency of problems that you claim to have, we would quit playing. You claim, without any evidence, that many players are quitting the game over the alleged issues. None of us see that happening. You claim that the problems are widespread and the constant topic of in-game conversations. Again, none of us see that happening. You refuse to even consider that your singular problems can be due to something on your end. You rarely provide specifics on your issues, so nobody can really address them specifically. You apparently hold in-game support in contempt, yet somehow think posting rants here on the Forum will fix your alleged issues.

Here's what you should do. Contact in-game support and create a ticket detailing exactly what problems you're having on each world, providing your system data and screenshots if possible. Create a Bug Report for individual problems to see if other players are actually having these issues. Follow up with support.

What won't help your alleged issues (which you already know, of course) is posting a rant here and then arguing constantly with other Forum posters. It only feeds into your discontent when no one believes your claim of playing problems due to the game, but we're not likely to believe them when none of us nor any of our game friends are having or hearing about these issues from anyone but you. Isn't is suspicious to you that out of all the thousands of players, not one posts on here in support of your claims? I know the number of players that posts here is relatively small, but many more players read what is posted here without posting themselves. Don't you think that if any of them shared your issues, at least one of them would bother to register and post about it? The likelihood of there being the kind of major and widespread problems with two servers that you claim are going on, with only one player (you) posting here about them is infinitesimal. You must realize that. With any actual game problem, the number of players who come here to complain is staggering. But with your alleged issues? Not even the sound of crickets. Yet you blithely refuse to believe the obvious. Sad, really.

DeletedUser40197

Lemur, let me be clear, I'm so sorry to hear you're having these issues, hopefully they get resolved soon.

lemur

None of us see that happening.

The gist of your comment is that I must provide rigorous evidence, but you need not provide any.

Whatever ... I'll ignore the rest of your reply.

The erasure of my full comment merely demonstrates how rigged this forum is.