• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

One Change I'd Like To See To Defensive Battles

DeletedUser28852

I think the way your city handles defense has a problem that many people are exploiting, and I find it really unfair, because its impossible to win against people you use this to their advantage.

The problem is the way the system handles rogues. If a person attacks a city with 7 rogues and one super strong unit, the defending city always hits each rogue, removing the secret identity, and transforming them into a copy of the boosted unit, before attacking the other non-rogue unit. Rogues are supposed to be saved for last, and this line-up makes it impossible to win against anyone attacking with these units.

My proposal is that you should change the way the system defends a city when facing this particular line-up of units. When facing all rogues except one unit, have the system go after the one different unit first. Its not fair to leave it the way it is, the system should do the best that it possibly can for us since we aren't able to fight defensive battles ourselves.

There are so many people who are using this to their advantage, and its starting to ruin the game for me because, there's nothing that can be done to defend against these people when the system plays defensive battles in such a stupid way that we don't stand a chance.

Please do something about this.

DeletedUser18177

I have faced a defense like that and just killed that one unit first and it was the easiest of fights. They would be to take the time to fight it and not auto battle or am I not understanding what you are saying?

DeletedUser25273

He is asking for the defensive AI to have that sort of smarts, not the Auto-Battle offensive AI. In other words, for the City Defense AI to be more like the Continental AI (which in general doesn't prioritize attacking Rogues)

DeletedUser18177

Understandable! I see what he means now. I had to go back and read it again.

Lucifer1904

I am afraid this must be in the proper proposal format; see the link in my signature, this ensures all proposals get equal hearing and consideration, for now this will be moved to the forge hall. I do believe this has been suggested before.

@jaelis

DeletedUser25273

Yes, this is very common request, I forget if anyone has actually written it up properly for a proposal.

Algona

I think the way your city handles defense has a problem that many people are exploiting, and I find it really unfair, because its impossible to win against people you use this to their advantage.

All players have the same A(un)I defending their cities. There are things you can do to help your defence. Go read sloppyhoeslayer's post thread in the Guides forum. Or jaelis' srickied thread in Questions forum.

I vote no.

DeletedUser26154

The problem is the way the system handles rogues. If a person attacks a city with 7 rogues and one super strong unit, the defending city always hits each rogue, removing the secret identity, and transforming them into a copy of the boosted unit, before attacking the other non-rogue unit. Rogues are supposed to be saved for last, and this line-up makes it impossible to win against anyone attacking with these units.

Yes.
The computer A.I. does that.
Use it to your advantage.
When you raid other people's city, they have the same dumb A.I. guarding their gates.
The same dumb A.I. runs the Guild Expeditions map.
Also, runs the GvG troops.

images.jpg

It will act "smart" when fighting on the continent map, where it really counts.

DeletedUser24787

for now this will be moved to the forge hall

its still here on proposal Lucifer
Screenshot 2017-03-25 at 4.11.23 AM.png

click the report here to notify a official forum mod regarding that the post is in improper format
Screenshot 2017-03-25 at 4.12.40 AM.png

Screenshot 2017-03-25 at 4.13.56 AM.png
then it will get moved

or did you forget to move it after your post :confused:

do not take it personal i am only having a lil fun with you since you like to call out others on their mistakes feel free to point mine out :D

Mustapha00

I would have zero objection to seeing this change implemented.

Whether your defense is 1% or 301%, if it targets the player's Rogues to the exclusion of any other unit, that gives the attacking player what could be considered an unfair advantage ( I would not call it an "exploit" because AI defense seems to be "working as intended"). Such a minor change as this would go some ways to evening up the playing field.

DeletedUser2927

I propose that the City defense Artificial Intelligence imitate the Continent map defense progression. In the continent map the defense does not have to kill the Rogues first.
The effect would make the defenses a little harder so it would take a little work to be able to plunder. As it is now you can go in and auto-fight. No work at all. I have seen a lot of people quit the game because of the constant plundering of their early age troops by an attack force consisting of an anti-aircraft gun and 7 rogues. That is just one example.

DeletedUser24787

been suggest before was a NO then and a NO now from me

dumb ai for you dumb ai for me let me plunder in peace

want better defense level your basil and deal give your troops some attack power and make them consider attacking you again otherwise sloppyjoe has a wonderful thread about countermeasures for plunder attempts on your city

and luci should be arriving soon to tell you FORMAT FORMAT FORMAT see my signature

Lucifer1904

1991-9663079d82dff2b6220836df3fe32763.jpg
it aint c/p I have it memorized.

DeletedUser26154

I have seen a lot of people quit the game because of the constant plundering of their early age troops by an attack force consisting of an anti-aircraft gun and 7 rogues.

They never learned to collect on time.

images (15).jpg

The FoE graveyards are full of such lost souls.

DeletedUser8152

I propose that the City defense Artificial Intelligence imitate the Continent map defense progression. In the continent map the defense does not have to kill the Rogues first.
The effect would make the defenses a little harder so it would take a little work to be able to plunder. As it is now you can go in and auto-fight. No work at all. I have seen a lot of people quit the game because of the constant plundering of their early age troops by an attack force consisting of an anti-aircraft gun and 7 rogues. That is just one example.
I'm going to merge this with a open thread on a similar topic. As others have noted, in order to be considered as a formal proposal we need the idea to be formatted properly. That helps ensure the discussion and voting process proceeds smoothly and fairly.

DeletedUser18359

I am trying to understand how you have the Battle strategy set up in this game. The way it is now someone can send a main unit and 7 rogues. What happens next really bothers me, instead of other players main unit getting attacked units go for the rogues. Yes I know what you going to say way game is set up but why does it have to be set as AI way of attacking and thinking instead of lets say intelligent way of attacking when a human thinking behind attacks.. I do understand when attacking PVP and PVE but since no way possible to properly defend our cities even with attack and health boost unless spending a ton of money here .
What I am trying to say here is the Battle strategy is totally messed up the way it is now, it needs to be set as if player fighting opponents instead of AI attacking units that would be attacked if human thinking being used. Anyway just think this needs to be brought up even though feel sure nothing will be done about it.
Thanks and have a great day.
Right now the way it is the game is flawed with Battle strategy the way it is, quit using AI thinking and start using human thinking in Battle strategy or maybe units will always be to stupid to know better lol