• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

One down kit discussion

Falconwing

Ok, I have been on the fence forever about the one down kit idea. I could take it or leave it and never really supported it.
Now, I'm starting to see strategies that newer players can do that older players can not do and it seems to be a bit unfair. The prime example would be Statues of Honor. These were not available to me before Modern, mine will never make less than Modern Goods, no matter how much I may want some PE or lower goods for me or my Guild.
My niece on the other hand has a Statue of her current age (Colonial) and LMA. She also has 5 of the Roads to victory. She can change the Statue in front to the RtV's any time she wants and go from making 25 Colonial to 25 LMA for herself and back again. If I had SoH's when I was lower, I may have left one or two that age like I did a couple Champ retreats, but it wasn't available.
I know one of the major issues some had with it was TF's and people lowering their age to lower the population requirement, but those days are gone. The newer prize buildings have been coming with a ton of pop. I could burn My Inno (60+) right now and still have almost 100k unemployed happy bums in my city. I know others had an issue with Champ Retreats, but I always though their excuses were petty, like they were lucky enough to have a low age Champ retreat and they didn't want others to have them, more special that way.

So, what's y'alls opinion? Convince me it would be a bad idea to have a 1-down kit or a reverse renkit.

Plain Red Justice

Saying that an RtV is for acquiring goods is like saying that you've made a Cathedral of Aachen for the gold or you built a CdM because of the FP

If your gameplay or your guild is being majorly impacted by potentially losing a trivial 25 or 50 previous or X era goods everyday, then you have something else going on with your gameplay that you would need to address ASAP

Algona

a bit unfair

:D Hundreds of posts by n00bs complaining how unfair it is that players who have been playing longer have all the advantages.

So many things are easier for new players now. Three major reasons. Arc. (Good ol' Arc, warps everything it touches.) SB power levels. Those two combine to make the third: Thousands of established Resource and FP rich players who can afford to help new players.

Any player that wants an IA SoH has to be in IA . That seems to me to be completely fair. Want IA SoH? Start a new city.

Pretty mych what I'm doing now. GBG started after my newest city left IA. but have put a lvl 5 SoH for each Era since then. I suspect this will be standard practice for a lot of Guilds soon.

what's y'alls opinion?

There's a wonderful dynamic faced by old established Guids.

How do you do GBG and recruit new players? Lots of Guilds struggling to get IA and EMA Goods.

One Downs would change that Dynamic.

Is that good for the game?

I don't know.

----------

Regarding Champs Retreats and TFs and many other SBs, I don't like 1downs. The folks who took the time to figure things out have a nice advantage this would obviate.

I firmly believe players who gain advantage through planning and thinking in a strategy game should not have those advantages taken away by fixes.

No sir, I don't like it.

Graviton

Seems to me the only reason to support this concept is to gain goods from lower Ages.

Which you can do by ... trading for goods from lower Ages, or building goods buildings from lower Ages.

IOW: you can already do that.